1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Sony and Marvel ignore the complaints about the suit. It was justified when it was ASM1, and that's coming from someone who didn't mind it, but this time it's as ridiculous as the yelping when they changed Superman's outfit for Man of Steel. Okay, the belt was kind of a big deal, but meh.

Me too! It's not even a major biggy, it's just some black lines!

I don't want to see a different Spider-man suit for every new film, just leave it a bloody lone!

742b14c355b298702cd8d6d645a51680.png

Obviously to get both their faces in the frame of the shot they made Black widow closer to IMs height than she is supposed to be because in this shot you see just how much taller he is than her.
a06bc68ff980026c4efc1255271db30a.png

Scarlett is 5'3" with 4 inch heals she'd be about 5'7". Spider-Man is generally speaking about 5'8" and in the shot above he is standing a few paces behind widow and IM.
e4b80e2656f1583de94a6ebeb0c178a5.png

When they start walking together you can see they are about the same height.
98d3829393d0c8cfcafa446063b6e8fd.png

While running Spidey seems more leaning forward than widow. Must be hard running in heels.

98d3829393d0c8cfcafa446063b6e8fd.png

While running Spidey seems more leaning forward than widow. Must be hard running in heels.

Takes a fair bit more concentration than running with sneakers, but running in heels isn't too hard ;) Especially for someone like Nat, who I'm sure trained herself to be able to run and do fancy Widow stuff in any form of footwear and clothing.

Can anyone photoshop the black panel lines into a dark red?? Curious to see what that would look like for a potential custom.

There's plenty of bad 70's, 80's, 90's superhero movies where the costumes were comic-accurate but they just look ridiculous on-screen! They don't appear realistic or "functional". Top it off with the ages-old "underwear outside" look that has been prevalent for decades and it looks downright embarrassing at times.

1994-fantastic-four-640x427-the-fantastic-four-1994-jpeg-193439.jpg

Even Christopher Reeve Superman. The costume is accurate and Reeve's portrayal is amazing, but the bright colors and spandex-look are somewhat laughable in today's age. It fit the tone for the movies then and is a precedent for great superhero movies, but it doesn't mean we have to copy the comic suits ALL THE TIME. Especially when you're trying to portray them in the "real world". Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy is perhaps the best example of adapting a superhero character into the "real world". Yes, Batman would essentially be wearing bullet-proof armor and driving a pseudo-tank rather than a decked out sports-car with bat-fins on it.

I like the black, it adds something to the suit without taking away what makes it the classic Spidey red & blue outfit. Spidey might be one of the few characters whose suit translates "well" to live-action, it fits the character's youth and personality.

Surprising that Star Lord didn't sell out because people seemed really stoked for that one to go live on SSC. Anyway, I'm waiting on this one. I'll take the homemade version and wait for in-hand pics of this. I suspect they may get rid of the black bars in a future movie and I would really prefer that. HT also has a track record of significantly improving their tailoring on their second try. Same reason I'm going to wait for Doctor Strange.

Surprising that Star Lord didn't sell out because people seemed really stoked for that one to go live on SSC. Anyway, I'm waiting on this one. I'll take the homemade version and wait for in-hand pics of this. I suspect they may get rid of the black bars in a future movie and I would really prefer that. HT also has a track record of significantly improving their tailoring on their second try. Same reason I'm going to wait for Doctor Strange.

These are not limited HT could be making as many as people order with this and Star-Lord. Seems they go to WL close to the ship date more than anything. Also we will have seen the IW version and might already have pics of what the avengers 4 suit looks like around the time we get this in hand. So even if it does sell out i could see people canceling to get the next version.
It will be intresting to see what HT does with 4 spiderman appearances in 24 months, make them all or skip one or two versions.

Yeah Wonder Woman and all of the Guardians 2 figures are still available for preorder, so I doubt Spider-Man is gonna sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spider-Man and those two are two different beast. Spider-Man is probably the most marketable and relatable hero ever. Plus it's mcu spidey. Hell even asm2 spidey sold out quick .

Back