1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I have this figure I still feel quite surprised when I see others' photos :thud:

(lol I noticed I use this smiley [ :thud: ] a lot)

So received my replacement head today. The original one had really bad white streaks on the forehead and the braille pattern was all messed up. It looked way worse in person than the photos below convey.

Here are 2 photos of the original Spidey head from the package:

og1.jpg
og2.jpg

Unfortunately the new one isn't any better. My vendor informed me before sending the replacement head that the white streak was still there but it wasn't as noticeable, and that's true. I could live with the less noticeable white streak on the replacement honestly...HOWEVER he also said the seam was better on the replacement and I definitely don't think that's true at all. There is this very noticeable, protruding bump right in the middle of his forehead and it's absolutely distracting! My eyes are immediately drawn to it!

See photos below. I was able to take a couple quick shots this morning before leaving for work, and then just took some right now that I'm back home (so excuse the darker lighting).

morn1.jpg
morn2.jpg
night1.jpg
night2.jpg
night3.jpg

What do you guys think? Is the replacement better or worse? Should I keep it? Because my vendor told me if I'm not happy with the replacement then I can just return it for a full refund, however I really don't wanna return the whole thing...I just want a replacement head that is defective-free!

Is that so much to ask for Hot Toys!!! :gah:

That is BIG bump. I would say it looks worse than the 1st one.

It totally does, right?! Like the white streak is definitely better on the replacement, but the seam bump is so much worse on the replacement. I didn't have a seam bump issue on the first one!

So I pretty much traded defects, I went from good seam with white streak to now slightly less white steak with a very bad seam. :slap

It totally does, right?! Like the white streak is definitely better on the replacement, but the seam bump is so much worse on the replacement. I didn't have a seam bump issue on the first one!

So I pretty much traded defects, I went from good seam with white streak to now slightly less white steak with a very bad seam. :slap

I think you should’ve kept the original..from your pics, the white Braille pattern was faded more so less noticeable , now the white looks too glaring and that bump is a pain for sure .

Sorry pal..but looks like the risk for a replacement with a minimal problem has now become a worse replacement with two issues that are really glaring

From my experience with sideshow they are nice and they will help you out but as for checking the replacement. It never happened for me. I went through 3 1:1 scale classic predator masks before saying np thanks and buying a new bbq:)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha. Can't grill steak on a predator mask !!

To all those with issues with the head. I'd also wait on the next version. Is not like this will be the last Spiderman.

Most of the second batch deluxe seems like they had issues. Mine doesn't looks as bad as either of yours but I still have a mark(the seam is decent though). Try to get the original head back it looks better, if not it's up to you if you can live with the defect or just return and wait for Iron Spider.

I think you should’ve kept the original..from your pics, the white Braille pattern was faded more so less noticeable , now the white looks too glaring and that bump is a pain for sure .

Sorry pal..but looks like the risk for a replacement with a minimal problem has now become a worse replacement with two issues that are really glaring

Well hindsight is 20/20...I had no idea the replacement, which in theory is supposed to be defect-free, would come out even worse! But I will contact my vendor and Sideshow tomorrow and hope for the best...

Any chance you could trade back for the 1st one you had?

I will need to email my vendor tomorrow and see what my options are at this point. I dunno if he's still in possession of the original. In our last correspondence he prefaced that the replacement was better in his opinion, but if I was ultimately unhappy then a return would be the next option.

I'm hoping I can manage one last replacement just cause this second one is way worse than the first...but that's why I'm gonna contact Sideshow too this time to hopefully get their blessing first for another replacement part. On the vendor's end, I can only imagine a customer asking for a replacement to the replacement to kinda wear thin in terms of patience...but, honestly, its the customer's right to receive something that is defect-free, especially when it's a high-priced item.

Haha. Can't grill steak on a predator mask !!

To all those with issues with the head. I'd also wait on the next version. Is not like this will be the last Spiderman.

It won't be the last Spider-Man, but it may potentially be the last time we see this specific suit produced...can't look into the future unfortunately.

Most of the second batch deluxe seems like they had issues. Mine doesn't looks as bad as either of yours but I still have a mark(the seam is decent though). Try to get the original head back it looks better, if not it's up to you if you can live with the defect or just return and wait for Iron Spider.

If all else fails, I MIGHT just keep the pimple/nipple Spidey head...I love the suit and how vibrant the colors look. Plus that Tom Holland head sculpt is just too damn impeccable!

What is going on with this figure? All these issues... Mine hasn't even arrived yet!

Back