1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I don't mean to offend anyone but the "charm" coming from imperfections in the building process being better than symmetrical versions just sound like when people say they liked a bands first album only before they went mainstream and sold out. (I hope the analogy is not taken literally, but I'm sure most of you get what I mean). I'm happy to see a version of the Stormtrooper coming out as intended, why not- if there was only one version in the OT that were exactly y the same I could understand wanting it the same for continuity, but they already changed so why not make a 'perfect' version of the Stormtrooper

(Also this isnt directed at anyone in particular-even where I used specific terms-, I've just seen a lot of OT-purists **** on the RO troops because of this silly reason)

I'm interested in a regular troop because I like how they polished up the design of the OT trooper. But yes, the stubby legs look is very strange.

It looks alright to me. The legs do look stubby but this might not be an issue in hand as opposed to pictures. I do like a lot of the improvements to the upper portion of the Stormtrooper suit and helmet of the Rogue One troopers.
I'll wait for a different colored pauldron though, the all white isn't for me.

I get that some like the uniform look and yeah I guess it makes sense that with new techniques the suit would reflect a more functional design than the original trooper armour.

But, as mentioned, there is something so Star Wars about those little imperfections in everything. That despite it being a strong powerful, mighty Empire...that the faceless uniform might of the Empire actually has subtle imperfections. Case in point is Lord Vader...look at what happened when the designers went for a uniform Darth Vader suit for Revenge of the Sith.

I know the imperfect factor is actually not an intention but rather a necessity given the limitations of the 70s/80s effects/costume design. Intentional or not...I think it does give the original trilogy an added layer of charm.

Strictly design wise, the original looks better to the eye to me. Seems a bit more streamlined, less awkward than this guy. The new suit harkens back to the TFA suit for some reason. I understand this is maybe more functional...but I never think to much about functionality with Star Wars and I'm more interested in how cool it looks haha. After all this is a science fiction movie...so bending my belief as to the functional capabilities of the stormtrooper suit is not a big issue.

That being said...this is still a neat variant from the original. Sounds like I'm knocking this one huge. But it's more that I'm defending the original. This is has its own "charm"..but if I'm picking one as my favourite it's the original. Nothing beats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So..another StormTrooper.....I have....one question;

(Say it in time with the Star Wars Title Music :p )

Dam-er-on,
Where is Poe Dam-er-on,
Where is Poe Dam-er-on,
Oh where is our Poe,
Dam-er-on.

Yup, where the heck is Poe? I mean I know he only had like...what, 20-25 minutes of total film time, appeared on the Poster, was in an awful lot of the marketing material but surely they could find time to squeeze this superfluous character into figure form.....

Between the endless runs of Stormies, Re-dresses of Rey and Fin, Mr 20 seconds of actually screen time....

Not bitter, but wish they'd finish a line up before milking the next one

So..another StormTrooper.....I have....one question;

(Say it in time with the Star Wars Title Music :p )

Dam-er-on,
Where is Poe Dam-er-on,
Where is Poe Dam-er-on,
Oh where is our Poe,
Dam-er-on.

Yup, where the heck is Poe? I mean I know he only had like...what, 20-25 minutes of total film time, appeared on the Poster, was in an awful lot of the marketing material but surely they could find time to squeeze this superfluous character into figure form.....

Between the endless runs of Stormies, Re-dresses of Rey and Fin, Mr 20 seconds of actually screen time....

Not bitter, but wish they'd finish a line up before milking the next one

Wait, did Poe appear in a Stormtrooper disguise too? Deleted scene? If so, yeah, it'll happen.

X-wing Poe with black helmet, swappable gloved and non-gloved hands, and blaster. In addition make a set with BB-8 like they did with Rey. Can't see them not wanting to re-release BB-8 at some point. They've released the FO Stormtrooper many times.

For this Stormtrooper, I'm wondering if I should wait for an orange pauldron version. Though I wonder if that one will have the large cloth backpack instead.

I just realized that the stand is similar to the OT versions, with an included cardboard cover. I first saw it with the Death Trooper and thought it was screen printed. That's kind of a relief now that I won't have to replace all of the Rouge One stands.

Really liking this new Stormie. Now we just need the inevitable SSC exclusive to go up for PO.

Bring on the Shore and Tank Troopers.

The overall proportions of the figure remind me of Medicom's Stormtroopers.
The short legs, long torso, helmet sitting somewhat high...

Skinny, concave looking chest - fail.

Flared out at the ankles so they don't meet the shoes snugly - fail.

Short looking legs - fail.

Saying that - it's the chest that absolutely kills them for me - hit me from the very first trailer :slap

Is it just me or does that back drop look terrible? Hope that's the tru exclusive

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does that back drop look terrible? Hope that's the tru exclusive

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's pretty much how I feel about all cardboard backdrops. This one in particular is pretty busy. Too much going on.

First impression for me was this looks cheap, maybe a cheap version for TRU. Then I looked more closely and it isn't some cheap version, but it still looks cheap ! So I guess what I'm saying this looks cheap.

Strange actually, as the previous troopers all looked fine ? Not sure what they're doing here ? All they had to do was add a different backpack, and a couple of helmet changes etc ? Anyway will need to wait and see in hand I guess.

Not sure what to make of the trooper himself, it's nice design but I'm a bit concerned about the quality. However, that backdrop just looks terrible!

The backdrop and the weird proportions is giving me a rebels vibe.

Instead of a man in suit vibe I'm getting a teenager stole some Stormtrooper gear vibe. Maybe Erso is in there.

I understand the functional reason for some of the changes to the suit and armor and think most are fine, but the shape of the eye lenses seems like an arbitrary change for the worse. Even if they were symmetrical the OT eyes looked a bit more angular and menacing. The rounded aspect softens that a bit.

Exactly. Maybe it's just more Disneyfied.....looking at him again the eye lenses look more like sunglasses, not menacing at all. But I guess it's sunny in Jedha and on the beach you need to look cool, not menacing :)

Like the knee guard, don't like the gun pose. Whoever set up the figure has never held a gun in their life.

IMO you can't beat the OT HT Sandtrooper at the moment. Orange pauldron also gives an accent over the white one.

Back