1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my figure today from a HK dealer. Helmet is pretty nice in person - at least to my eyes. Overall, I am digging it a lot. Backpack is NOT removable ala Spacetrooper......and yes, the bottom of the leg armor does look a tad thick, but not terrible with some decent poses....

Got my figure today from a HK dealer. Helmet is pretty nice in person - at least to my eyes. Overall, I am digging it a lot. Backpack is NOT removable ala Spacetrooper......and yes, the bottom of the leg armor does look a tad thick, but not terrible with some decent poses....

Mine too......I'm hoping for some time to this weekend to play. I've had armored and black cHrome armored Bats over a week and neither opened yet...life....gets in the way of my toys

Backpack isn't removable? Not too fond of that idea but it's not a deal breaker. Would you mind posting a couple pics Matt?

Sure. here is the only non crap one I took so far:

DSCN0932.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG
Definitely not removable, lol

Close ups

DSCN0935.JPG
DSCN0936.JPG

Sorry my big head got in the way in that last one

That little canister is ANNOYING. There are two - and they open a tad but the magnet used on it is weak, so it falls off easily

My random thoughts :

** had I not seen the 'heated' discussions on the boards here about the updated original designs, not sure I would have noticed the helmet, aside from the bigger lenses.....

** love the backpack but wish it was held with a magnet.

** Torso armor is very nice....pauldron is nicer than the Sandtrooper one HT used (i have the marmit one in my first pic)

** if the belt is removable, I am too afraid to see how......it feels like its on pretty solid - even hard to move the belt around

Last edited:

I actually like the new helmet as a variation (almost like a PT trooper, TFA trooper etc) but from a design standpoint, they just don't have the menace of the OT design.

There's a big-eyed "sweetness" to the new helmet that makes it look like a child/adolescent stormie - the look is almost cute and kid-friendly, but maybe that was the intention.

It's amazing how much shorter the lower leg armor is, RO vs OT. Other than the longer torso, that's the thing that gives the slight stumpy look overall - but you can see it would have made for much easier movement for stunts, running etc. The OT stormies really often looked like they were not much more mobile than 3PO in the 100 yard dash department. I'm assuming the RO stormies will be much faster and mobile like real soldiers.

Yeah, its gotta be a trade off.....either you get great looking suits or you get pretty good looking ones, where the guys/gals can actually run around in.

To me, it's all good - I personally like the new helmet. The leg armor looks thick, but I'm over it

Yeah, its gotta be a trade off.....either you get great looking suits or you get pretty good looking ones, where the guys/gals can actually run around in.

To me, it's all good - I personally like the new helmet. The leg armor looks thick, but I'm over it

I will likely grab the orange/big backpack RO trooper (if I can get single) - I like the distinctive look these stormies have. A little exotic maybe.:lol

It's amazing how much shorter the lower leg armor is, RO vs OT. Other than the longer torso, that's the thing that gives the slight stumpy look overall - but you can see it would have made for much easier movement for stunts, running etc. The OT stormies really often looked like they were not much more mobile than 3PO in the 100 yard dash department. I'm assuming the RO stormies will be much faster and mobile like real soldiers.[/QUOTE]

Spot on Talibane. It's the shin length that is off, making them look short and stumpy. I must admit though I was looking at the combi pack with orange pauldron and that sweet backpack and sergeant with the thought "I wouldn't mind this at all".

Back