1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Sneaky Mark XV (Retro Armor Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been back and forth on this figure, honestly it look awesome ! BUT as someone mentioned earlier on here, got to draw the line somewhere, I draw the line at non movie figures, not in the movie not going to buy it, i was not going to get the Stealth but i found it for $250 so just bought and saved it.

The way i look at it; someone comes here and sees the figures and asks which movie are they from...but what do i say to the non movie ones.." yea these were in the movie but these were not, and i just bought them bc hell why not spend $300+ on a paper weight, no offense to those who already got them, just not me.
What's so hard in saying it's a variant of the suit from the movie? Not really understanding your logic, or lack thereof.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A collection just needs to make sense for yourself. Personally, I don't plan to ever go the non-canon route either, but that's simply because I like having a physical representation of an on-screen armor I really enjoyed.

Having to justify why you bought a non-canon armor to someone else seems like a weird scenario altogether. If anything, a non-collector would probably just want to know why you collect, period. And if explaining to a collector why you chose 1 retro armor, it's as simple as "because I like it."

What makes a suit canon? Screen time? The comics were done first, so anything that appears in them are canon. Iron Man equals comics then movies. Star Wars equals movies then comics and books. This is just my point of view and not meant to be taken as an absolute definition. Buy what you want and skip what you don't want. Just wondering what you each consider, "canon".
Ryan

What makes a suit canon? Screen time? The comics were done first, so anything that appears in them are canon. Iron Man equals comics then movies. Star Wars equals movies then comics and books. This is just my point of view and not meant to be taken as an absolute definition. Buy what you want and skip what you don't want. Just wondering what you each consider, "canon".
Ryan

Speaking for myself, I'm alluding to screen time when I say canon, including the "proper" paint scheme. Maybe canon is the incorrect term to use...

Ryan

Canon is what appears in the movie.. Or in the case of the house party armors.. Ones that were officially created to be in the movies. We don't see every single armor in the movie, but from official artwork, we know what was in the movie. That's canon.

This armor is not canon.. It's an early concept that was never officially part of the canonical movie armors.

It's pretty cut and dry for me. I don't see canon in this instance being a question of opinion, I see it as fact. These are iron man movie figures based off of the movie. This figure wasn't designed or molded to represent anything other than what we saw in iron man 3. It wasn't modeled after a suit from the comics. That being said, if someone wants to use it as a comic representation or whatever, go for it, I don't see the harm.

Since I don't have the money to put towards every single thing I want, I'm sticking with canon armors, I prefer that for my collection. I'd rather buy sneaky instead of this (mostly because I prefer the look) because sneaky was actually in the movie.

Other people have different preferences for their collections and different monetary reasons for buying or not buying something. So, while I think this thing looks incredible.. I'd rather own a figure that fits in with my current collection.

Maybe down the road it'll go on sale and I'll have some extra cash to pick it up.. But who knows. I'd love to own the stealth 3/7, subzero, and this. But it's just not in the cards.

Captain America and The Avengers is canon! Ok, i wish ... it's nostalgia :)

tumblr_lqrl04PTAm1qzj5ggo1_1280.jpg

Honestly, I think the looks amazing like this. The figure on-shelf looks great, if the torso looks a liiiitttle long. But I buy 6th scales based on if I feel it's an iconic look in my opinion. I have the Mark VII from The Avengers as my only Iron Man because I feel it's the most iconic representation to me. I'd LOVE to buy any and all 6th scales that catch my eye, but it's just not in the cards, so this is my criteria. This figure though, looks amazing like this and I'm actually seriously considering wanting this because it looks pretty iconic to me. But seeing as I already have the Mark VII, it's hard to justify buying another Mark and I'd rather get a figure of another character I don't have - like War Machine Mark III if I need another Mark Armour - for my Avengers Hot Toys collection than "just another" Iron Man, you know? Like, I worry if I buy this, then something else comes out and well, too bad, used my allotted cash on a second representation of a character than a first representation of another character.
LOL First world problems, eh?

J

I just preordered this guy . Love also that they got rid of that crappy stand that comes with every other house protocol suit.

I look at it from another perspective. Would I rather have something like the blue steel/gamma just because it was "in the movie" or something like this? I get whatever I think looks better.

I get what you're saying but don't knock Gamma, K? ��

I did PO this day 1 and even though OG Sneaky disappointed me, every time I look at this, I'm just loving it more and more.

My favorite released IM to date is Mk. 45 but I still think the diecast WM Mk. I was the best IM related release this year.

I just preordered this guy . Love also that they got rid of that crappy stand that comes with every other house protocol suit.

It's interesting that they added a poseable stand to this type of base. It makes sense considering it's not representative of a movie armor.

My biggest complaint about the house party figures are the bases. They should've used the ones included with the 42/patriot.. And the patriot/42 should've used the house party bases.

I wonder why they did it that way.. Costs maybe?

I've been thinking about making my own mold of that base and replicating it for all of my house party armors. But, I've never done anything like that before, so, I probably won't do it. I still think those bases would've made much more sense and looked much better.

I think this looks neat. I keep favoring the repaints over the originals (Gamma, Tank, Blue Steel) and now this.

However, I don't buy the 'electroplated' buzz word. Most chrome toys I've ever owned didn't hold up over a decade and would eventually flake to dust. That said, the chrome gold and silver did hold up the better than any other color.

I look forward to seeing other collector's reviews.

Seriously considering PO this for the lone Iron Man for my collection. I love how sleek this armor looks. What's everyone's take? Do you think it would fit in well with the rest of the Avengers or look out of place ? There are so many armors to choose from I don't know which to pull the trigger on!

Seriously considering PO this for the lone Iron Man for my collection. I love how sleek this armor looks. What's everyone's take? Do you think it would fit in well with the rest of the Avengers or look out of place ? There are so many armors to choose from I don't know which to pull the trigger on!

I think it would look great and very unique. Stands out much more than the regular movie armors. I'm doing the same thing, replacing the Mark III with this... gonna look awesome next to Cap and Thor.

Back