1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Motu was right... The gold trooper wasn't originally going to be one of the releases at the disney store, its labeled as a convention exclusive on the promo pics. That explains why sideshow is getting that and not Chrome Midas and Mark 4 2.0.

Looks like Motu was right... The gold trooper wasn't originally going to be one of the releases at the disney store, its labeled as a convention exclusive on the promo pics. That explains why sideshow is getting that and not Chrome Midas and Mark 4 2.0.

Well, SS owns the Star Wars 1/6 license. originally Hot Toys was sharing it with SS( Luke dx 07). I always expected SS to get it

The pics that HT uploaded to their FB page just said HT exclusive. They added "convention" exclusive just now for the SS order. Plus if you go down the page it'll say "SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE

Exclusively available through Sideshow.com and Shanghai Downtown Disney"

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

The pics that HT uploaded to their FB page just said HT exclusive. They added "convention" exclusive just now for the SS order. Plus if you go down the page it'll say "SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE

Exclusively available through Sideshow.com and Shanghai Downtown Disney"

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

I see what it says on sideshow, every exclusive available at sideshow says it's available exclusively though sideshow... that doesn't really matter to my point... Why would they randomly add "convention" exclusive when it isn't? I have a feeling (Like Motu said a few pages back) that it was originally intended to be a convention exclusive, but was added in place of FN-2187 Finn... SS knew for some time they would be getting the gold trooper, and that was probably because it was going to be an SDCC exclusive. I have a feeling these promo pics were made up some time ago, and not slapped together recently like you're implying. Which is why it says "convention" when it shouldn't.

P.S. Sideshow still has not gotten any info about Chrome Midas and Mark IV 2.0, It's a safe bet they won't be getting them. I won't pretend to know how sideshow and hot toys do their business, but i'm guessing sideshow would likely have been notified that they would be getting either figure before they went on sale anywhere. I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.

Last edited:
i'm not going to get my hopes up for this being released at a reasonable price here.. it'll be awesome if it does, if not, i can live without it.

When the old Midas went up to 500USD+, I don't see how the new one not be around 500USD:rotfl

Just my opinion, I love its gold chrome painting and at this moment exclusive in China:clap

Not looking good, I bit the bullet on eBay before the price goes up. $499.99 and the $15 off $75 coupon giving me $485 out the door.

The more I look at this, the more I want it. I REALLY hope sideshow brings it over.. I have a feeling that once I warm up to the $500 price tag, it'll have gone up to $600+.

I think I'm just going to have to start coming to grips that I won't own this lol.

Mine should have been here or at least in the states by now since I paid for express shipping, but it's been sitting at the postal facility in China for 4 days, and has yet to dispatch from there according to the tracking. I'm getting a bit concerned.
I'm staying positive by telling myself that the tracking just hasn't updated yet. I have received shipments from Asia that don't update anything until it reaches my post office before.

Still, I can't wait to have this in my hands... I hope nothing arrives broken.

^mine shipped yesterday from HK already and should be here today or on Monday hopefully. You can get it from andrew on the board for 485 with EMS

Back