1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official price for the new Mark 21 from SH Disneyland is 1880RMB(285USD), which is near the same price for the Mark 45 in HONG KONG.
When Mark 45 comes to SSC, it becomes 355USD...
That's why I believe even if SSC gets the Mark 21 Gold Chrome Version, its price will not be less than 330USD.

The official price for the new Mark 21 from SH Disneyland is 1880RMB(285USD), which is near the same price for the Mark 45 in HONG KONG.
When Mark 45 comes to SSC, it becomes 355USD...
That's why I believe even if SSC gets the Mark 21 Gold Chrome Version, its price will not be less than 330USD.

i REALLY REALLY hope that they bring midas over. there's no way i'm paying $500 for this.. but at $330 i'd almost definitely pick it up. there's definitely a midas sized hole in my collection, and this would be great for it.

i think it's a shame that this thing is so exclusive (so far). i prefer exclusives (like this one) be figures that don't actually appear in the movies.

All I am saying is that I can see why the price is in that range, while it is a Shanghai Disneyland exclusive.
If Sideshow gets it, it will be back in the $350 range.

How does that not make sense to anyone, considering what secondary market pricing is for hot toys?

For anyone arguing that point, head out to that park tomorrow to get one and then tell me how much it cost you
To do so, grand total.

Hint, it WON'T be $500. Probably somewhere in the $1,000-$2,000 range.

People seem to think that because 500 bucks is a big deal to them, either for financial or personal reasons, that it somehow means the same for other people. You can buy a watch for a dollar at the dollar store. Yet people spend 200 for a fossil watch or 60k for a Rolex. You can buy a brand new car for 10k, but some people drop hundreds of thousands. You can buy a poster of an island paradise at Walmart for 10 bucks, yet some people regularly drop thousands for essentially the same thing (a piece of paper no less) for ones by Peter Lik and others. You can buy a pair of shoes at Walmart for 20 bucks, but your average pair of Jordan's is 170 bucks now. If you make 10 bucks an hour 500 dollars is a lot of money. Heck if you make 25 bucks an hour it's a decent amount of money. But lots of people make more. And lots of people don't smoke or drink or eat out or play video games (60 bucks for a piece of plastic) or whatever else. People value their money differently. To most people spending even a hundred dollars on an action figure is insane. There are lots of people who would call everyone who buys 1:6 crazy for spending even a hundred dollars on toys.

Telling someone else what's reasonable for them is silly. If your not paying for it, then you really have no idea what's reasonable for them. If it's not for you fantastic. That doesn't mean anyone else is in the same boat.

It's reasonable to whoever wants it. When the 1st Midas was released there were several sold on eBay for $800-$900. I would love to have a Blade figure in my collection but have not talked myself into paying the going $500+ rate just yet and lets not forget the Mark III Silly Thing that you can rarely find for under $1000. Collectors of anything pay a lot for what they want. Some of things out there for sale and and the prices they go for make what we do look very reasonable.

Yep. You could buy every single hot toys figure ever made for the price of a new Rolex. Or a pair of large diamond earrings. Or some Tvs. Or speakers. Or a bottle of champagne. Or a landscape art print. Or a set of rims. Or a tank of gas on a large yacht. 500 bucks isn't even close to unreasonable in comparison .

People seem to think that because 500 bucks is a big deal to them, either for financial or personal reasons, that it somehow means the same for other people. You can buy a watch for a dollar at the dollar store. Yet people spend 200 for a fossil watch or 60k for a Rolex. You can buy a brand new car for 10k, but some people drop hundreds of thousands. You can buy a poster of an island paradise at Walmart for 10 bucks, yet some people regularly drop thousands for essentially the same thing (a piece of paper no less) for ones by Peter Lik and others. You can buy a pair of shoes at Walmart for 20 bucks, but your average pair of Jordan's is 170 bucks now. If you make 10 bucks an hour 500 dollars is a lot of money. Heck if you make 25 bucks an hour it's a decent amount of money. But lots of people make more. And lots of people don't smoke or drink or eat out or play video games (60 bucks for a piece of plastic) or whatever else. People value their money differently. To most people spending even a hundred dollars on an action figure is insane. There are lots of people who would call everyone who buys 1:6 crazy for spending even a hundred dollars on toys.

Telling someone else what's reasonable for them is silly. If your not paying for it, then you really have no idea what's reasonable for them. If it's not for you fantastic. That doesn't mean anyone else is in the same boat.

People are looking at what it is that is costing $500 and why. I don't see why 'value of money' speech was necessary.

One thing is for sure: if they don't end up making more than the 200 made for Disney Shanghai $500 will seem like a bargain a few months from now.

One thing is for sure: if they don't end up making more than the 200 made for Disney Shanghai $500 will seem like a bargain a few months from now.

It could certainly become one of HT most expensive figure on the aftermarket but because of the low run not really because of desirability(I imagine). It's a figure many can do without unless someone is a hardcore Ironman completist/fan. I'd buy it but being as my main focus is Avengers figs it isn't essential to my ideal collection and I wouldn't pay near current asking price but it is nice and shiny so I'd buy just for that if SS offered it.

Yep. You could buy every single hot toys figure ever made for the price of a new Rolex. Or a pair of large diamond earrings. Or some Tvs. Or speakers. Or a bottle of champagne. Or a landscape art print. Or a set of rims. Or a tank of gas on a large yacht. 500 bucks isn't even close to unreasonable in comparison .

As a watch collector, the biggest misconception about Rolex is the price attached to it.
Most people on here could afford a new Rolex for a dozen or so figures (the lowest new ones running around 4-5000, and the iconic models running for 8-12k).
It's pop culture and media that adds the "bling" and perception of "$$$" to Rolex's.

But I do agree with you and don't understand people's frustration that Sideshow won't release this at a cheap price and the hate towards "scalpers".
I got mine around $500 with express from jhstoys and at 1880 RMB, with an admission ticket of 500 RMB, getting to Shanghai and getting the toy out of Shanghai +fighting for a chance at these in line isn't worth the "wait" for Sideshow to release it (not that I think they will this time).
If everyone there bought it for themselves and didn't re-sell it, i'd actually consider using my amex card's concierge service to tell them to get one for me. Oh boy how much would that cost?

Sideshow isn't entitled to release every figure to the NA community and people should understand that they're just the US distributor, and not a Hot Toys flagship store.

So I think people should be thankful if anything that they can obtain this sexy figure at a pretty reasonable price considering all the factors. With that being said, mine's in Toronto customs and hopefully will be delivered by Friday if not early next week ^^

I am not interested at all in this figure even if SS were to sell it at a much lower price. However I do understand people paying the current price as I certainly would not hesitate to pay $500 if it was something I really wanted and I was pretty certain SS would not be getting it.

Small side-note to share. My 8 year old son, after showing him a pic of the new Midas, said it looked like a door knob. I said,"door knob"? My son says "yeah, you know, the door knobs we have in our house"....We have shiny brass door knobs in the house and now he goes around saying...."Midas here, Midas there, everywhere is a Midas" I have a very smart arse of an 8 year old here, lol...

Small side-note to share. My 8 year old son, after showing him a pic of the new Midas, said it looked like a door knob. I said,"door knob"? My son says "yeah, you know, the door knobs we have in our house"....We have shiny brass door knobs in the house and now he goes around saying...."Midas here, Midas there, everywhere is a Midas" I have a very smart arse of an 8 year old here, lol...

Thanks for the cool story, funny ;)

Well then, I have a obsession for shiny doorknobs.

Seriously they should have named this iron man the Dubai Version :p

Back