1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXI (Gold Chrome Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not shocking to me, since this was a quick cash grab. But it does give it more of a dollar store knockoff vibe than you would typically get with Hot Toys, recasting that aspect of the stand without including electronics.

Outside of the first mk42 almost none of those stands light up. I don't think any of the HPP stands light up. So saying it's not like hot toys is really not the case.

Not shocking to me, since this was a quick cash grab. But it does give it more of a dollar store knockoff vibe than you would typically get with Hot Toys, recasting that aspect of the stand without including electronics.

And if it was a "cash grab" they would have already released it world wide and at Toy sapiens and secret base. Since people would buy it. So that pretty much negates the "cash grab" when everyone knows they could easily sell many many more and don't.

You're probably right, honestly I rarely even take these stands out of the box so I would have never noticed. I wanted to put this guy in a flying pose so I decided to set it up. I just think this is one of those figures that would look good with a light up stand.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the only one that actually lights up is the mk42 original. I know bones and starboost and gamma and striker and snapper and tank and shotgun and mk3dc don't. Those are the only ones I have out the box at the moment that have the stand and they don't light up.

I'm really happy with this figure, haters be damned.

CameraZOOM-20160628172910383.jpg

I'll take more pictures when I set up an area to do so, I always forget that pretty much every free space I've had in my place in the past couple years is now occupied by figures.

View attachment 273327

I'll take more pictures when I set up an area to do so, I always forget that pretty much every free space I've had in my place in the past couple years is now occupied by figures.

Holy lens flares Abrams! Looks tight! I've never really noticed the detail lines on this suit, looks almost like rust in this pic, I really dig it!

As far as I am aware, the only figure that came with that style of base and actually lit up was the 1st time it was released with the Iron Man 3 Tony Stark Workshop figure. It came with the full floor that wrapped around it. No figure that came with the same stand by itself ever lit up. The lights and electronics were removed for all releases. I have MK33 Silver Centurion and MK17 Heartbreaker. Both come with that base and neither light up. Was always very lame on Hot Toys' part. People have converted it back to be able to light up. There are some tutorials on youtube that show how.

As far as I am aware, the only figure that came with that style of base and actually lit up was the 1st time it was released with the Iron Man 3 Tony Stark Workshop figure. It came with the full floor that wrapped around it. No figure that came with the same stand by itself ever lit up. The lights and electronics were removed for all releases. I have MK33 Silver Centurion and MK17 Heartbreaker. Both come with that base and neither light up. Was always very lame on Hot Toys' part. People have converted it back to be able to light up. There are some tutorials on youtube that show how.

Yeah, my bad... I rarely even take them out of the boxes so I never noticed until now, I just kinda assumed they were all made the same way... I'm almost tempted to customize it with some lights, but I'll just use the one that comes with the IM3 Tony for now since I don't have room to display that whole setup anyway...Also, I don't like modifying anything that comes with these just in case I have to sell them one day.

Yeah, my bad... I rarely even take them out of the boxes so I never noticed until now, I just kinda assumed they were all made the same way... I'm almost tempted to customize it with some lights, but I'll just use the one that comes with the IM3 Tony for now since I don't have room to display that whole setup anyway...Also, I don't like modifying anything that comes with these just in case I have to sell them one day.

I'm the same way. And too afraid to mess something up. I'd buy a spare parted out item before I'd mess with it. I don't use any of those stands. I've bought a bunch of loose stands so they all match. I have all My HT Iron Man figs on Sideshow Deadpool stands. Base kinda looks like an iron floor grate..

Agreed 100%. Would rep if I could.

Shocker...the guy who buys nothing saying something is a cash grab...and agreeing that a stand included exactly that same in 15 other figures is somehow now an indication of a cash grab.

I don't get why you come to all these threads about stuff your not interested in and only post about how your not buying it. Didn't you just troll someone with the "ordered" comment. All you do is *****. If you don't collect the stuff then no one wants to hear from you.

Shocker...the guy who buys nothing saying something is a cash grab...and agreeing that a stand included exactly that same in 15 other figures is somehow now an indication of a cash grab.

I don't get why you come to all these threads about stuff your not interested in and only post about how your not buying it. Didn't you just troll someone with the "ordered" comment. All you do is *****. If you don't collect the stuff then no one wants to hear from you.

Agreed 100%. Would rep if I could.
Ryan

Don't bother replying to the guy. That's what I do when people give their opinion when we don't need it. Some people are just unbelievable.

View attachment 273327

Muse I'm really glad you're happy with this piece man :congrats.

I'm just gonna go say my piece why I'm still happy with my Midas tho if you don't mind, just for discussion's sake.

Well as when someone mentioned before about the crotch piece not being chromed, breaking up the look, I didn't realize that other parts aren't chromed like the shoulder rockets, the jaw, the hands/wrists, and the base of the neck.

That's probably the biggest turn off for me when it comes to this figure.

My personal presence is still the matte look on the original release tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it. Hope it comes to SS, I'd really like it in my collection.

View attachment 273327

Dang, that's flat out gorgeous. I'm pretty happy with my 42, but if this comes to Sideshow I might not be able to resist!

I agree with allot of your points, but I'm very not okay with you sh**ing on other people because they can't afford to buy Hot Toys. Argue all you want, but suggesting that because someone doesn't own a truck load of figures means that their opinion is somehow invalid is elitist and just seems contrary to the whole vibe of this hobby. I for sure remember not having the type of salary required to be an active buyer. You are fortunate to have the massive collection you do -- don't for a second think that all the stuff you've bought somehow makes you superior to anyone on these boards.

I think you have mistaken what he said. He isn't having a go about him not affording to buy figures, he is saying he doesn't buy them because he doesn't like them, why come on here to troll others who will buy them.

I hope that makes sense.

Back