1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Sideshow tries to work collectors into a frenzy making them think figures are going to sell out at SDCC and then conveniently they’ll have some available afterwards but you better hurry and lock in your pre-order.

They do similar things with regular releases even. Like for instance the normal Anakin was supposedly sold out when the Obi-Wan went up but now it’s back up for pre-order after a month or so of supposedly being on waitlist. They play people well and net them into thinking you need this now.

Well it’s a bit of a joke that the one toy fair exclusive I want in years is Con pickup only. Quite hilarious.

Mr Chan wish you a happy weekend ...

Hong Kong Chief thief.jpg

Just be happy that say Emperor or ESB Vader are not exclusives. I can live with pt characters being exclusives.

What a complete waste of a good figure and money making opportunity. This is utter bs. Why isnt this a toy fair exclusive like the rest of them. Getting SDCC tickets is like winning the lottery. They won't sell many at the con so what is the point of this. I hate them.............They are animals and i want to slaughter them like animals

Oh **** it...Whose going to the con?? Please pm me im willing to pay extra if you pick one up for me

"Con pick-up only?" :lol what a joke. I guess they don't need the extra money.

There has to be a general release later on. It makes no sense to let scalpers make all the money on this. It will be insane on eBay for a while, then it will appear as a general exclusive, maybe without the special stand. I do like the stand. If it ends up being only sdcc, then we got hosed. I wanted this, knew it was a ridiculous purchase, saw 265, still planned to get it, and then realized pickup only. This is madness.

Very weird from a business stand point. There should be a ship to home or con pick up option for those that are attending.

SDCC pick up only, no battle damaged outfit, and the obnoxious price tag made this potential grail figure into a "forget about it". What a shame. Maybe I can find the head on ebay someday for a decent price.

...500 $ (no shipping) on EvilBay...
...Next SDCC 2019 exclusive: Qui-Gon Jinn ? Bespin Calrissian ? Death Star trooper ? Leia Yavin Ceremony ?

I had no interest in the regular one because I didn't want to start collecting prequel figures, eventhough I thought it was very nice looking. Then I saw this today and immediately purchased since I'll be at Comic con, and it'll save me the shipping cost. Now I'm forced to pick up a young Obi Wan.

Feels like a restart. I am pretty sure this was the first SW SDCC exclusive

SDCC pick up only, no battle damaged outfit, and the obnoxious price tag made this potential grail figure into a "forget about it". What a shame. Maybe I can find the head on ebay someday for a decent price.
Keep in mind it’s a variant. If it was all the things you listed, people would’ve bought this instead of regular Anakin. HT is smart for not offering as a regular separate release. This way they will guarantee it will sell out for cons. They control this release. Con exclusives are generally variants of already released figures.

Talk about playing into eBay scalpers hands. It's like they are actively encouraging dealers to scoop them up for resale.
BS.

Ordered. This might be my last SDCC, so I'm going to enjoy it. Most likely SSC will have some to sell after the con. Probably go up Monday or Tuesday after con ends. Same thing happened with some Iron Man figs last year. But, I think it will sell out quick online once available. Very curious to see if the other 3 possible TF figs are accurate too? Should find out this upcoming week I imagine.

Just wait for the likely inevitable OSK bootleg Sith eyes sculpt, which is basically just about a carbon copy of the HT sculpt, and save even more money.

I know Sideshow’s getting a lot of deserved hate for this, but they were really cool about transferring my NRD for regular Anakin amd I’ll be able to get this one through a friend attending the show. I’m pretty excited about it.

Back