1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was gonna PO at BBTS but decided to wait.

As a rule of thumb I'll throw in a PO at BBTS if I have the slightest bit of interest in a figure. No NRD, no risk. Gives you plenty of time to decide if you want to keep the PO closer to the date of release.

I also use an expired credit card to place the order because BBTS isn't great about giving you notice before shipping an item. They don't try to charge the card until the item arrives and is ready to ship.

Glad people are getting another shot at the figure, I always support Dr. Strange enthusiasm. I won't be picking the new sculpt up because the figure is too similar for my tastes. Plus I prefer the hair sculpt on the original and I really disliked the big, thick, yarn quilted collar on the IW Strange Cloak. It's very distracting even though the new color scheme is closer to the comic book red.

Nice to see the character getting some love. His solo movie was serviceable but I didn't love it. The character is really interesting and Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing so hopefully he'll be more prominent in the MCU moving forward and his next movie will be an improvement over the first.

This is equal parts Doctor Strange bias and movie quality, but DS is one of my favorite movies. Never thought I'd see the character get its own shot and loved the outcome. And of course the figure stands as a Hot Toys best IMO. With the IW figure not releasing until next year...I can see me talking myself into picking that one up too. :slap

I need your opinions I have a opportunity to trade this figure for ultron prime, but I’m worried it’s not a ‘fair’ trade any help or opinions would be great!

I think DS is a more valuable figure. Ultron Prime seems to be going for cheap prices these days; and I can’t see how that could change.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I need your opinions I have a opportunity to trade this figure for ultron prime, but I’m worried it’s not a ‘fair’ trade any help or opinions would be great!

As far as value, I haven’t been keeping up but I can offer a tip about the Ultron Prime figure. It’s a one of a kind, unique, highly detailed figure from Hot Toys with some limited articulation but still can pull off many iconic poses. It really is a one of a kind piece but the biggest downside (which can be remedied by hardwiring to USB or buying a soap reactor) is that the head looks absolutely TERRIBLE without the lights on.

I’m not overstating this at all. It’s nothing like an IM figure head without the eyes lit up, it’s like there are 2 figures. One which, as I stated above, is impressive and unique when the lights for the head are ON and another, straight out of the box, that looks completely dead, monotone and boring with the lights OFF.

Before I moved back to California, my HT AoU shelf setup was jam packed with everyone in the film and I hardwired UP’s Head, Torso and base (I was too lazy to do the arms) and I swear the shelf came to life. Even with the Mk. 43, 44 (HB) & 45, WM Mk. 2, Iron Legion and Ultron Mk. 1 with no lights on but UP with those 3 places hardwired to turn on when I turned my on display, it made all the difference.

@jgmartinez - I think if you have DS Infinity War on pre-order, then go for the trade plus maybe $100 for you since Ultron can be had for about $200-220. If you don’t plan on getting DS version 2, then I wouldn’t trade DS. Like I said, Ultron can be found easily and often for cheaper. I do have Ultron and while it’s a nice piece, like the above poster said, without the light up eyes on, Ultron is just ok.

scene4.jpg
scene1.jpgscene2.jpgscene3.jpg

With the blessings of the Vishanti I have finally decided to create an account on this illustrious site! :wave

This is an awesome thread and I've been reading it for some months, I really want to share this video here of our beloved hot toy Doctor made in stop motion style by none other than me. It's very fun to work on these! Even though I wanted to keep it simple (no photoshop & special effects apart from those given by the windows program) as I've worked on it for only a day considering my limited free time at home. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And the link between the web dimensions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upACYdadLYI . :)

With the blessings of the Vishanti I have finally decided to create an account on this illustrious site! :wave

This is an awesome thread and I've been reading it for some months, I really want to share this video here of our beloved hot toy Doctor made in stop motion style by none other than me. It's very fun to work on these! Even though I wanted to keep it simple (no photoshop & special effects apart from those given by the windows program) as I've worked on it for only a day considering my limited free time at home. Hope you guys enjoy it!

And the link between the web dimensions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upACYdadLYI . :)

That was awesome! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back