1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I haven't had too many problems because I have an office at my apartment complex, but because of the Saturday delivery, it kind of messed everything up. I just need to wave the signature part because I have a secure complex. Once its in the building, it isn't going anywhere.
UPS around here is very inconsistent in how they handle signatures. I've never waived a signature, but they sometimes drop it off without one, and sometimes they won't. Usually I'm happy when they don't wait until I'm home, because I get things faster, but if something ever got stolen from my porch I know I would feel differently. $200-500 toys and statues being left out there for hours at a time is a bit concerning one a certain level. Fed Ex and USPS pretty reliably requires a signature here, though. Whenever I get something shipped via EMS from Asia, I have to find time to drive over to the post office to sign for it.

My UPS guy never leaves it without a signature. Once I just missed him then drove around my neighborhood till I found him. I showed him the attempted delivery slip and mi I.D. And he still wouldn't give it to me. Gave me some story about how he didn't have it even though I saw him driving away free m my block as I was coming in. The next day I waited for him and when he saw it was me his face went pale. As I signed for my figure he tried to explain that it wasn't him and 2 guys cover my block. I gave him a dry look as he smiled weakly before leaving.

I got him tonight. Outstanding figure. Reminds me of how I felt toward the DX Jack Sparrow. So many great, intricate little details. Has some serious presence on the shelf. I've been considering shelling out for a couple more detolf shelves (really expensive since I have to ship them here), and he's pushing me over the edge there, because it feels wrong sticking him on a book shelf, huddled next to Wolverine and Spider-Man :lol

Dig the Hardy Boyz pose!

jeff_hardy_by_romromz.jpg

When I was a kid they called that "The Jesus"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday. Not sure if I'll keep the pose and I need to tighten up the team a bit.
e904642b4c782f1e5301d212b0bea641.jpg

Congrats, JediJim! You have a great collection there. I feel like you need to work on posing though. To me, many of your figures seem static. I recommend watching an episode of Sideshow's How To Be A Poser. It only took one episode for me to learn many of the nuances of figure posing. It adds so much life to my display.

Yep, same with me. I got a Saturday delivery which is new for me and of course I wasn't home. So now it's out on the town cruzing for chicks or something.

LOL DS needs a new girlfriend - weeeelll I was thinkin' of doing an "MCU mystic" shelf of sorts with DS and SW - but now I'm thinking that DS will be the first of the beginning of my IW shelves. Hoping to get his cloak really spread out on display as love that scene when he first rises with the cloak all fanned out.

IF I can ever track him down - read all the posted tips and right now just thinkin' am not doing this again with UPS. Most of it seems to revolve around them giving less service - typical these days.:mad: And why does my package hafta spend another whole day on a truck just to get to a drop-off when the main UPS hub (where the trucks are loaded) is 3 minutes from that? This is efficient?:slap

Meanwhile, credit to marveldaily270 on Instagram:love:

DS_image.jpg

Really great pictures in this thread, everyone! :clap

I ended up having to order this from BBTS. Anyone have a general idea of how long after Sideshow they get their Hot Toys stock in?

Couple more...

36745648151_c814333977_b.jpg

36896218525_d52f1955c1_b.jpg

I'm having a blast with this figure!

Kjun is working on it. Im making his ball and wrist support.
Really! Wow, he's hitting up a lot of the old Rainman wishlist stuff that others are neglecting. A pretty niche option, but something I might even justify his prices for. Is there a thread for it here that you are aware of? If nothing else, I would love to see the engineering work that you might do.

I ended up having to order this from BBTS. Anyone have a general idea of how long after Sideshow they get their Hot Toys stock in?

Seems to vary quite a bit. I buy most of my stuff from bbts now, sometimes only 1 extra week but usually 2-3 weeks.

Congrats, JediJim! You have a great collection there. I feel like you need to work on posing though. To me, many of your figures seem static. I recommend watching an episode of Sideshow's How To Be A Poser. It only took one episode for me to learn many of the nuances of figure posing. It adds so much life to my display.

Thanks for the advice. Point taken.

Doctor Strange out for delivery this morning at 7:16am
Still waiting.
Probably won't get him until 7:16pm

Well my Doctor Strange showed up around 7pm that night while I was sleeping.
I work overnights so I didn't get a chance to open him yet.
Telling from all these pics I won't be let down.

I'm gonna GUESS maybe a few weeks. It's a total guess. Just based on ordering CW Falcon through Alter Ego so basically I waited a bit after the SSC shipments went out. BBTS is in the Midwest too. It could be quicker. I haven't had anything to complain about from BBTS and do love their double-boxing and packing.

Meanwhile, after a few phone calls to UPS - 'coz I lost it when I read a message that the "24 Hour Access Point" was FULL and the driver was going to take it there tomorrow after NOT putting it there today (coz it was full) - WTF you mean stuff is just piling up 'coz UPS hadn't made their own "serve-yourself" facility big enough? Or heck, maybe people just ship themselves junk and never pick it up...Oh, yeah, this sounds great! ****** this!!!:mad::slap

Now I'm trapped for who knows how long because UPS swears the driver is coming to my place now; except if I hadn't called back I wouldn't have known that. Last time for me - guess I'll be paying for one of those drop places in the future but at least I know a HUMAN will have my *pricey* figures in hand.

My UPS guy never leaves it without a signature. Once I just missed him then drove around my neighborhood till I found him. I showed him the attempted delivery slip and mi I.D. And he still wouldn't give it to me. Gave me some story about how he didn't have it even though I saw him driving away free m my block as I was coming in. The next day I waited for him and when he saw it was me his face went pale. As I signed for my figure he tried to explain that it wasn't him and 2 guys cover my block. I gave him a dry look as he smiled weakly before leaving.

Huh - last fall I had a guy outright lie about an attempted delivery. Since it was a pricey poly I'd been up looking out the window all day. Apparently when I called UPS the guy claimed he attempted delivery but will say in this case UPS sided with me (nice woman even admitted there had been other complaints and this guy had apparently just gotten tired out and went home).

Got my box tho. 8PM at night but I got it. Now there's a new driver.

Back