1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32 here, I'm not impatient or negative at all. I was perfectly fine waiting for the original payment/ship date of next week. My issue and frustration comes from the lack of communication from Sideshow about this. They were more than willing to send us the early release email and take our money but weren't willing to give us a heads up that the shipment had been delayed. Just an email saying they had some trouble getting it in and they would charge my card and ship it as soon as they got in stock would of been all that was needed. Instead they just left us to wonder on where our shipping/tracking notifications were. I'm just posting what I found out from Sideshow to let other collectors in our group know what they told me since SS left them in the dark as well. Simple as that.

I personally appreciated the information. I was left in the dark as well wondering what was going on.

Right but there's so much credit card protection and Sideshow is a decent size company. I doubt they're going under soon.

I understand their shipping rates have little rhyme/reason but for something simple like a Pre-Order, really not a big deal.

There are also US Government consumer protections in place with regards to delayed pre-orders.

For sure. I believe in California you can get a refund on any ore-order that is not shipped within 30 days. Just like you can get a deposit back on any car you order here, no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 here, I'm not impatient or negative at all. I was perfectly fine waiting for the original payment/ship date of next week. My issue and frustration comes from the lack of communication from Sideshow about this. They were more than willing to send us the early release email and take our money but weren't willing to give us a heads up that the shipment had been delayed. Just an email saying they had some trouble getting it in and they would charge my card and ship it as soon as they got in stock would of been all that was needed. Instead they just left us to wonder on where our shipping/tracking notifications were. I'm just posting what I found out from Sideshow to let other collectors in our group know what they told me since SS left them in the dark as well. Simple as that.

I understand. Glad to know, and the community appreciates, the fact that you talked to them.

The delay was not in Sideshows control. Maybe a delivery truck got into some delay because a dude showed up late for work? Maybe there was an accident? A robbery? Who knows.

I used to run a technology sales organization, and I think they key for Sideshow is to set customers expectations and then to meet or exceed them. By charging early, with no product in their warehouse, they are hurting the relationship with their customers by not meeting these expectations that they set earlier in the week. This can and will hurt their business.

Amazon is a great example of a company that does this well. When something goes wrong at Amazon, and an order doesn't meet their Prime package delivery date, they will give you a $10 credit to your account (if you call them).

I understand. Glad to know, and the community appreciates, the fact that you talked to them.

The delay was not in Sideshows control. Maybe a delivery truck got into some delay because a dude showed up late for work? Maybe there was an accident? A robbery? Who knows.

This is clearly not the case when it's happened repeatedly over the last year or so. This seems to be a new business practice.

I don't care when the item ships. It has nothing to do with being impatient. It has everything to do with being charged and not having the item shipped in a reasonable delay. People keep defending them by saying the delay is out of their control, fine...but charging people when the item is not in their warehouse is 100% under their control. This isn't the first time it has happened, and it's new...it never used to happen before.

I'm not worried about Sideshow, I know they will ship it, probably sooner than later but as others have said it's a bad business practice, and little things like these add up, and eventually the reputation of the company suffers. I honestly do not understand why they charge people before having the stock in their warehouse, I'm not seeing the actual benefit of doing this, they save a few hours and can ship out a little faster? Is it worth their reputation?

This is clearly not the case when it's happened repeatedly over the last year or so. This seems to be a new business practice.

From a purely business perspective, yes, it's almost a shady business practice. I think we're going overboard to use a tech company and expectations from a tech company and apply it towards a company that sells toys and Collectibles.

They're a distributor and toy maker. Margins are completely different.

Amazon is a platform with AWS, etc.
Sideshow isn't.

It's a completely different business that has a completely different business model that caters to that business target audience. thanks

I personally don't think it's worth my headspace to stress out about it either.

Whoop ti do. If there are any complaints, I think we, as a community should direct it straight to Sideshow.

I'm sure if a lot of us complain, they'll change. That's why companies have a feedback button.

My guess is that they ask for payment based on the arrival time of the packages. That way things go out as soon as they come in and they don't have to wait either. But if there is a delay that they aren't aware of, that means they are sitting around waiting too and with people's money. I'm not much into conspiracy theories so that's how I see it. Managing thousands of packages has got to be a pain in the butt.

From a purely business perspective, yes, it's almost a shady business practice. I think we're going overboard to use a tech company and expectations from a tech company and apply it towards a company that sells toys and Collectibles.

They're a distributor and toy maker. Margins are completely different.

Amazon is a platform with AWS, etc.
Sideshow isn't.

It's a completely different business that has a completely different business model that caters to that business target audience. thanks

Setting customers expectations and meeting them have nothing to do with the industry. It doesn't matter what you're selling, it's just good business.

Well....I said earlier in the thread "I've never received a figure by early arrival..."

Streak intact :yess:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that they ask for payment based on the arrival time of the packages. That way things go out as soon as they come in and they don't have to wait either. But if there is a delay that they aren't aware of, that means they are sitting around waiting too and with people's money. I'm not much into conspiracy theories so that's how I see it. Managing thousands of packages has got to be a pain in the butt.

Well....this may be dumb but in the U.S. anyway I'm already seeing signs you can't park along the highways re the Monday eclipse. I was lucky to get glasses at the last minute. Hotels along the totality are booked up. E.g. if more folks are on the move over a weekend it's clogging roads if stuff is being shipped by truck. They're expecting traffic along the eclipse track to be a mess (if it's sunny, anyway). LOL it'll be a big west to east wave of gummed-up traffic Monday.

Also I've had Sideshow delays 'coz they can charge the last pymnt but then things clog up waiting for the final shipping calculation. IMO their system is surprisingly slow and takes forever to "process". My Gandalf got stuck in processing and I had to call and they did the shipping manually. But Sideshow WAS responsive.

*Shrug* they have my last payment. So DS will get here. I'm glad he's paid off anyway *Infinity War* figs are coming....:monkey3

Well....this may be dumb but in the U.S. anyway I'm already seeing signs you can't park along the highways re the Monday eclipse. I was lucky to get glasses at the last minute. Hotels along the totality are booked up. E.g. if more folks are on the move over a weekend it's clogging roads if stuff is being shipped by truck. They're expecting traffic along the eclipse track to be a mess (if it's sunny, anyway). LOL it'll be a big west to east wave of gummed-up traffic Monday.

Also I've had Sideshow delays 'coz they can charge the last pymnt but then things clog up waiting for the final shipping calculation. IMO their system is surprisingly slow and takes forever to "process". My Gandalf got stuck in processing and I had to call and they did the shipping manually. But Sideshow WAS responsive.

*Shrug* they have my last payment. So DS will get here. I'm glad he's paid off anyway *Infinity War* figs are coming....:monkey3

I live in a very small town and we're directly in line with the eclipse. We're expecting thousands of cars and tourists to clog up our streets on Monday.

This is why I rented a cabin under the totality line in the middle of natahala.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue isn't so much the delay - it's the miscommunication and lack of communication; no one seems to be melting down, but irritation is not unwarranted.

I live in a very small town and we're directly in line with the eclipse. We're expecting thousands of cars and tourists to clog up our streets on Monday.

Man, if you start digging some holes now and put up plywood or something you could make enough Porta-Johns to fund all of next year's HTs. Charge whatever. You can charge extra for bottles of hand sanitizer.

Get some cheap T-shirts printed up w. "Totality 2017" and sell those. Drag a wagon around w. some ice and marked-up drinks. Run some extension cords with power strips out of your house and charge for charging! Look, after Blair Witch folks were driving to Maryland to buy rocks out of peoples' yards:

Burkittsville switched to metal signs, a little too 20th century for residents' tastes but harder to steal, or so they thought. The movie company picked up the tab, the town's only compensation if you don't count the $20 Nicole Beller, 9, made selling green lemonade to the tourists, or the money made from rocks and dirt Linda Millard dug up from her front yard, which people actually bought. (Keeping in mind that the movie wasn't filmed for the most part in Burkittsville)

It's a gold mine. Not like HTs are cheap.:monkey3

Back