1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are they going to send an email claiming "early arrival", take your last payment, and then not ship it out? This is the first time ever from SSC that I have been charged for something,whether final flex pay or full amount, and not had it ship out the same day. If they don't ship it out by tomorrow, they are getting an unpleasant email from me. And before anyone jumps on me, its not the waiting that I care about, its the principle. Don't send an email saying "hey we are getting it early, click here to have us charge you!", when its not true. :mad:

How are they going to send an email claiming "early arrival", take your last payment, and then not ship it out? This is the first time ever from SSC that I have been charged for something,whether final flex pay or full amount, and not had it ship out the same day. If they don't ship it out by tomorrow, they are getting an unpleasant email from me. And before anyone jumps on me, its not the waiting that I care about, its the principle. Don't send an email saying "hey we are getting it early, click here to have us charge you!", when its not true. :mad:

Yeah - I try to keep in mind that a couple days isn't a big deal, but the principle is. It's all about setting expectations and communicating.

The last communication I got was on August 11 saying:

"Your order for Doctor Strange is eligible for early processing on August 16th, 2017. Would you like us to charge $211.49 on that day and then ship it to you right away?"

Nothing to say it was actually charged, nothing to say "right away" was going to be at least two days later.

If I told a customer or executive or even a colleague that I would get something to then "right away" and I let days pass without a word... they'd be rightfully annoyed.

I said yes to early processing because the email said it would be shipped out right away, I thought it would have been shipped yesterday and delivered Friday. Called Sideshow and had to put on hold as I'm out of town next week. I payed 30 dollars Canadian for shipping which is super fast but it really doesn't matter how fast it is if it isn't sent. Also ask about the SS Batman that just released early in Hong Kong, they said that they weren't expecting it early. So I guess it get here when it gets here.

Meh, with everything going on in the world getting a toy a couple days later than expected (when it's actually way before i expected it) is not something i could ever imagine getting upset about.

Meh, with everything going on in the world getting a toy a couple days later than expected (when it's actually way before i expected it) is not something i could ever imagine getting upset about.

Huh, took at least 30 minutes more than expected for that.

Yea so I highly doubt this guy is getting shipped today so really there wasn't any real reason to have them charge my card early other than making me pull money from my savings account to cover it (got paid today so if I waited I wouldn't of had to do that). If I would of know it was only going to be a day or two early for them to ship it I would of just said no. A tad bit frustrated with my first "early" shipment experience.

So excited about being billed early, now i will wait until the rest of you get billed and we all get our figures shipped out at the same time

I try not to get worked up or upset about wait times in this hobby, mostly because it's entirely out of our hands anyway and it's not worth stressing over, but I have do say, this was very poorly handled by Sideshow.

Just spoke with Sideshow Customer Service and they never gave any real answer to why there was a delay but said they expected the shipment to be in their warehouse this past Wednesday but there was a delay. Stated they had all the shipping labels ready to go but they wouldn't be getting them until next week some time between Monday and Thursday....... so much for an early release.

It didn't used to be like that, you were charged and got the tracking number the same day...or at worse the next day, but it has changed in the last 6 months or so. Almost every single item is now charged and shipping a few days later, had one that was shipped like 2 weeks later. I wrote to them for that one, I wasn't happy.

They should not charge people until the items are in their warehouse ready to ship.

Maybe they just want to make a little bit more cash with a few days of extra interest. :)

So much impatience and negativity in this thread over a pre-order for a toy....

I wonder what the average age group is..

We are on a forum specifically for discussing this topic because it is important to us. Don't come here just to passive agressvly insult us over it.

I'm old, and I don't really care if I get this today or next month. That being said, I don't like the way Sideshow handled this, and they shouldn't have billed anyone if they they didn't have the product in their warehouse. It's just a bad business practice. It actually has me worried that I wonder if Sideshow has cash flow issues. I have seen this happen with other companies who light on funds, have high debt, and are facing payroll issues, etc. It's probably not the case here, but it's an early warning sign to me.

Their crazy shipping prices are another bad business practice. I can't believe how much they charge me when I am in their same state, but I've always just written that up as greed. It's amazing how much they charge an end user customer, versus a reseller. We get charged significantly more for no good reason (my friend is a Sideshow reseller).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm old, and I don't really care if I get this today or next month. That being said, I don't like the way Sideshow handled this, and they shouldn't have billed anyone if they they didn't have the product in their warehouse. It's just a bad business practice. It actually has me worried that I wonder if Sideshow has cash flow issues. I have seen this happen with other companies who light on funds, have high debt, and are facing payroll issues, etc. It's probably not the case here, but it's an early warning sign to me.

Their crazy shipping prices are another bad business practice. I can't believe how much they charge me when I am in their same state, but I've always just written that up as greed. It's amazing how much they charge an end user customer, versus a reseller. We get charged significantly more for no good reason (my friend is a Sideshow reseller).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right but there's so much credit card protection and Sideshow is a decent size company. I doubt they're going under soon.

I understand their shipping rates have little rhyme/reason but for something simple like a Pre-Order, really not a big deal.

There are also US Government consumer protections in place with regards to delayed pre-orders.

32 here, I'm not impatient or negative at all. I was perfectly fine waiting for the original payment/ship date of next week. My issue and frustration comes from the lack of communication from Sideshow about this. They were more than willing to send us the early release email and take our money but weren't willing to give us a heads up that the shipment had been delayed. Just an email saying they had some trouble getting it in and they would charge my card and ship it as soon as they got in stock would of been all that was needed. Instead they just left us to wonder on where our shipping/tracking notifications were. I'm just posting what I found out from Sideshow to let other collectors in our group know what they told me since SS left them in the dark as well. Simple as that.

Back