1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be ordering, but it's a year away almost, and I'm all out of Sideshow points, and pretty low on Popcultcha points... so no rush on this one I think.. Might wait for the movie, and my Civil War witch points to cash in first (assuming she does release this year)

Well...the price is okay. I'll wait till I see the film then decide. Besides I have too many orders right now as it is. Need to payoff a few more of these before I jump into too many other things.

If the movie Rocks then I'm down. Cumberback to boot; an easy purchase to add to my Marvel collection. My favorite incarnation of Dr. Strange was the mid-'70s comic version.

This might be my first Marvel Hot Toys figure if the movie turns out good. I really like the figure but am going to try to be patient.

Don't wait too long. I guess this figure will perish in short time despite lack of general knowledge of Dr. Strange. Benedict just rocks (well, his sculpt).

Hi everyone!

I just registered in this forum because I want Doctor Strange to be my first Hot Toys figure (was saving for Civil War Spidey but seems like we'll have to wait until Homecoming for that one), but I'm completely lost as to where and how to buy it, being as I am from Spain. Any advise? How high should I expect the delivery cost to be?

Thank you all very much in advance :)

Hi everyone!

I just registered in this forum because I want Doctor Strange to be my first Hot Toys figure (was saving for Civil War Spidey but seems like we'll have to wait until Homecoming for that one), but I'm completely lost as to where and how to buy it, being as I am from Spain. Any advise? How high should I expect the delivery cost to be?

Thank you all very much in advance :)

Well, postage + VAT + custom charges safely kills any desire to buy directly from Sideshow Collectibles or any US/Hong Kong seller. For most of us European collectors anyway. Look around if there is any local ratail shop in the Spain. There must be plenty. And buy from them. Buying collectibles anywhere outside EU is expensive as ... a lot.

I think I'm in. Great looking figure and a decent amount of accessories. Price seems about what I expected too. I'll probably throw some Rewards Points at this and order soon.

Well, so much for my self-control. I ordered it over at BBTS, so if I really hate the movie I can cancel, but I kind of doubt I will. This one just looks so fantastic.

MarioJLennon,

As Futurion said, buying from outside the EU is going to be expensive. Sideshow do sometimes have exclusive versions of Hot Toys figures, and if you do buy from there you will most likely get your purchase a fair bit before retailers in Europe get their stock. If you don't already know about your country's import duties etc, you should definitely familiarize yourself with them before deciding to buy from outside the EU. You might think you are getting a good price on the figure, but that will quickly change once the postage and customs charges get added on. For instance, as a UK resident buying from the USA, I would expect to have to pay additional fees of around 25% of the value of the figure and the postage cost.

I would recommend having a look at Collectibles Direct in the UK or La Cité des Nuages in Belgium. Both have competitive prices and ship to Spain.

I wouldn't exactly call this a great deal. Rather, par for the course. In a year or so, the standard HT figure will probably be around $250.

That's why I'm making sure I get every character I like now. I'll have to sacrifice if I like new outfits in future movies, but it's better to have something and be happy with it before the prices are totally out of control.

Back