1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's assuming you're displaying in a detolf. Still blows my mind that people will have like $5,000 worth of figures displayed in a $50 shelf -- I'm guilty of this also. I guess when ever I have the spare funds to upgrade the display, a new figure gets announced! :rotfl

:lol :lol Yep, that's me as well - definitely guilty as charged!! :lol

HOW. MUCH?

That will decide it all for me. I want this, so...how much sideshow/hot toys, etc.? If it's not too crazy I may bite. The figure is stunning and I'm getting hyped about the film.

It will be right around $240 USD from Sideshow. Just an educated guess, but I'd bet a figure it will be within $10 of that.

That's assuming you're displaying in a detolf. Still blows my mind that people will have like $5,000 worth of figures displayed in a $50 shelf -- I'm guilty of this also. I guess when ever I have the spare funds to upgrade the display, a new figure gets announced! :rotfl

Completely agree. I have some custom shelves I display on. I don't have detolfs but I do see merit in some cases of a detolf. However no matter how good a job one does, the light cables always look horrible on a detolf, especially on a bright sunny morning. Let alone the dust.
However, some day am sure better shelves at reasonable price will come along (hopefully)
Also - the backdrop, stand etx give a unique punch to the figure: it's like saying since I never display all accessories, why give so many accessories to begin with. But again that's the best part of a posable figure.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I would invest in a better shelves/cabinets but I really haven't seen anything that can compete with these Detolfs.

Completely agree. I have some custom shelves I display on. I don't have detolfs but I do see merit in some cases of a detolf. However no matter how good a job one does, the light cables always look horrible on a detolf, especially on a bright sunny morning. Let alone the dust.
However, some day am sure better shelves at reasonable price will come along (hopefully)
Also - the backdrop, stand etx give a unique punch to the figure: it's like saying since I never display all accessories, why give so many accessories to begin with. But again that's the best part of a posable figure.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html
I have theses case/shelves called barrister bookcases. They're antique pieces and I absolutely love them for displaying Hot Toys. I added LED light strips to mine, and they look like they should have come with them stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I'm not a Cumberbatch fan, so I'll be waiting to see if I like the movie and the character first before even thinking about ordering this. Still, it really does look great! The tailoring on the outfit is spectacular, and those hand details are excellent as well.

I honestly think there is nothing like them on the market. I always get compliments on the shelving when people see my collection; when you line 4 or 5 up, it really does look like a high end case. They're open, airy, and really let the subject matter be the focus. And in the end, at the current $69 or $79 price (been a while since I've needed a set... and they've discontinued my color dangit), you can't beat them. I certainly don't mind them being that cheap, they don't seem the part, and that's what matters; anyone who takes a look at them is none the wiser too. That is the shining part of detolfs.

I don't think it's a coincidence that most of the backdrops that come with 1/6 figures seemingly fit detolf cubes perfectly; these figure companies realized how common place they've become.

With the level of excitement for this figure, this might be one of those that joins the Ant-Man/Deadpool ranks of the preorder selling out before the figure is released.

Is there no Exclusive for the Doc?

He's been going up for pre-order in Hong Kong since yesterday, and comes with everything shown so far.

Back