1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I agree, that would be a cool option for the second costume.

I'm really interested to see the sculpt for Ancient One figure that they already teased. She was my easily favorite character after the Doctor--she had hints of the child-like playfulness of Yoda as well as

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I quite enjoyed the film. Would like to see HT do a Mads Mikkelsen Kaecilius, Tilda Swinton Ancient One for sure and a Chewy Mordo seems like an obvious addition.

I think Mads did a great job. His english was almost flawless and he had a lot of pain underneath, I really felt his character. But his costume was crap and (I saw it with my kids) coming out of the theatre, none of us could remember his name. I do think Marvel needs to make their Villains more bad ass and give them better costumes. At least Mandarin looked awesome. Tilda was excellent, but I would expect nothing less of her. Great moment with her and Stange on the balcony, good dialogue too. Chiwetel has slowly become one of my favourite actors, but I thought he was so disappointing in this. Unlike Mads, there was nothing underneath, nothing behind what you saw, I didn't understand why he so deeply wanted Strange to become a magician, I didn't understand why he himself turned later. It was all just needed for the story.

"Study and Practice".

I love how much emphasis was put on that idea in this movie. We usually accept that the heroes in Marvel films are imbibed with power or just have an ability. Tony was brilliant from when we meet him. Steve was super serum'd up to reach his full potential. In Strange there is narrative drive to be diligent in studies and focus. I think, considering that these movies do form role models for kids just the same, that this idea is a powerful trait to broadcast - and that extends to you and me all the same as well.

I think Mads did a great job. His english was almost flawless and he had a lot of pain underneath, I really felt his character. But his costume was crap and (I saw it with my kids) coming out of the theatre, none of us could remember his name. I do think Marvel needs to make their Villains more bad ass and give them better costumes. At least Mandarin looked awesome. Tilda was excellent, but I would expect nothing less of her. Great moment with her and Stange on the balcony, good dialogue too. Chiwetel has slowly become one of my favourite actors, but I thought he was so disappointing in this. Unlike Mads, there was nothing underneath, nothing behind what you saw, I didn't understand why he so deeply wanted Strange to become a magician, I didn't understand why he himself turned later. It was all just needed for the story.
Really loved that balcony scene, it was a beautiful moment in the film. Ancient One was up there with Strange for likability in this film, I really hope HT announce the figure soon.

They cost so much now?! :thud:

I have the A1, AOU and AOS ones unopened. :lol
$300 each for a couple "Art of" books?

103259-he-chose-poorly-gif-Indiana-Jo-Y7JZ.gif
$300 is pretty good compared to these here ... :lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway~~~ I really hope we get Mordo. I really enjoyed him a lot and I can't wait to see him reduce the amount of sorcerers. :panic: I also wish they would have kept Kaecilius' fate unknown. That's the problem with most MCU villains imo. They're really just there for one movie and get thrown away afterwards. :/ A good villain is build over time, same as a good hero. That's how you get people to care.

"Study and Practice".

I love how much emphasis was put on that idea in this movie. We usually accept that the heroes in Marvel films are imbibed with power or just have an ability. Tony was brilliant from when we meet him. Steve was super serum'd up to reach his full potential. In Strange there is narrative drive to be diligent in studies and focus. I think, considering that these movies do form role models for kids just the same, that this idea is a powerful trait to broadcast - and that extends to you and me all the same as well.

Strange becomes master sorcerer and martial expert in a 1,5 minute sequence. I think it's silly. There's no development of character, like in Iron Man or GOG. And why does Strange question everything. He lives in a world with superheroes and invasion from space is a reality, with a nordic God who walks on earth, and he doesn't believe in the supernatural. I'm sorry, that just makes him extremely stupid.
The visual is a mess, it's very badly done with next to zero imagination. Look at Inception, they do more with less. And the Cape, for the love of Christ... It remided me of Aladdin. It was silly and made the film really stupid.
Still, I love the Ditko'esque universe, they tried, and all the actors were good, with what they had.

That's actually why I feel the movie's pacing is too fast. I mean, he couldn't even open the gate until the Ancient One left him in the cold (a scene I didn't like so much) and then Boom! all of a sudden he goes from this to using the Eye of Argamotto and battling experienced Sorcerers in a brisk montage ... XD You can't blame people for finding that a bit rushed. The transition really could have been smoother.

Strange becomes master sorcerer and martial expert in a 1,5 minute sequence. I think it's silly. There's no development of character, like in Iron Man or GOG. And why does Strange question everything. He lives in a world with superheroes and invasion from space is a reality, with a nordic God who walks on earth, and he doesn't believe in the supernatural. I'm sorry, that just makes him extremely stupid.
The visual is a mess, it's very badly done with next to zero imagination. Look at Inception, they do more with less. And the Cape, for the love of Christ... It remided me of Aladdin. It was silly and made the film really stupid.
Still, I love the Ditko'esque universe, they tried, and all the actors were good, with what they had.

Wow, no offence. Is this your first Marvel movie?

His training did take place over some period of time of at least a year so it wasn't instantaneous ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His training did take place over some period of time of at least a year so it wasn't instantaneous ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course it does but I didn't get the feeling that it was such a long time. That's the problem with brisk montages, they skim over events and can make it seem like everything takes place in a short time span. Ant-Man had one but that took place over a few weeks or so, same for the montage used in the first Iron Man. Those two had to figure out how the suits (and ants) worked, Strange had to learn and master highly difficult magic ...

Not sure that any of us would be willing to spend five years of our lives in a movie theater watching Strange master the mystic arts in real time... other than that it comes down to the viewer's perception of the passage of time....for me it felt like a lot of time had passed...

Not sure that any of us would be willing to spend five years of our lives in a movie theater watching Strange master the mystic arts in real time... other than that it comes down to the viewer's perception of the passage of time....for me it felt like a lot of time had passed...
You're taking it too literally. There are some movies that did the passing of time really well without it dragging on or being too rushed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've been avoiding this thread lately because of spoilers, even though I know most of the time everyone is good to put tags around them and hide them sometimes bits of information still comes out that I might not want to know before seeing the movie. BUT, I am seeing the movie today in 3D and can't wait. I haven't pre-ordered the figure yet, but if I like the movie as much as I think I might, I will order it when I get home.

I know it's a beautiful figure regardless, but BVS Superman and Batman are beautiful figures too, perfectly and classically designed in the movie and Hot Toy's wonderfully captures them in figure form, but I hated the poor story telling of that movie so much I just couldn't justify paying high end prices for the figures. It's a shame, the costume design and look is wonderful, but it it also reminds me of a movie I can't stand and won't buy I don't see the point of buying figures which remind me of a movie I dislike so much. I don't expect this to be the case with Doctor Strange, everything I am hearing is positive, but I have only read non spoiler reviews, and just want to see the movie first before I buy.

You're taking it too literally. There are some movies that did the passing of time really well without it dragging on or being too rushed.

Certainly...like Doctor Strange for example which did a great job of this...my point again...it is all in the eye of the beholder...

I think they tried to explain the swift uptake with him telling Wong he has a photographic memory. I too think the montage didn't really extend time like it should but for this type of movie, I think you can give it a pass.

I know HTs wont give this movie it's just due (Kacellius, Mordo and the Ancient One) but they sure would look cool on the shelf. All white Ancient One, green Mordo and yellow Kacellius. Those would look great.

I think they tried to explain the swift uptake with him telling Wong he has a photographic memory. I too think the montage didn't really extend time like it should but for this type of movie, I think you can give it a pass.
Oh absolutely! It's a common thing with origin movies coz they need to jam so much into 2 hours but that doesn't mean people have to like it. At least it was only the training they skimmed through like this and not the cool fighting like in The First Avenger where they had the nerve to reduce the awesomeness that was Cap and the Howlies taking down Hydra base after Hydra base to a cute 2 minutes montage ...

I got the feeling that they'll wait with Mordo till the second Strange movie comes out which makes me sad coz the more I think about it, the more I want myself a Mordo HT ... :(

I know HTs wont give this movie it's just due (Kacellius, Mordo and the Ancient One) but they sure would look cool on the shelf. All white Ancient One, green Mordo and yellow Kacellius. Those would look great.

Agree w. the film pace. IM development has cool tinkering and a funny robot Tony is interacting with + the human touch of making a mess. W. DS I think it would be more "watch DS read books, and more books, and practice martial arts" - I mean, for me, I get that DS is brilliant and quick study - he's a surgeon w. a mind trained to absorb and make critical decisions re complicated information, and he's driven as a personality. Think the film made that point pretty well - we do see him struggling w. his first magics and self-doubt.

Just hope they do release the Ancient One at the very least, and for me Kaecilius.

Jeez, you guys are touchy. I don't mind you like the film, I didn't think it was rubbish, but it could have been so much better. It felt rushed and the effects were messy and sloppy character work. I had hoped for more, after all, it's Dr. Strange.

The figure is beautiful, and yes, I'm going to get a Dr. Strange figure. He reminds me of the Frank Brunner Strange. I loved that.

Jeez, you guys are touchy. I don't mind you like the film, I didn't think it was rubbish, but it could have been so much better. It felt rushed and the effects were messy and sloppy character work. I had hoped for more, after all, it's Dr. Strange.

The figure is beautiful, and yes, I'm going to get a Dr. Strange figure. He reminds me of the Frank Brunner Strange. I loved that.
Yup. Some people seem to have a hard time understanding and respecting other people's opinions. It was a good film but it had issues.

Back