1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, the more I look at it, the more I actually see Paul Rudd more than Affleck. I can see a bit of Affleck, but perhaps 10-15 years ago. As a poster pointed out earlier, it's simply because the two actors share a few common facial features, but still have distinct, differentiating features; the chin, for instance.

This sculpt would not pass for a BvS Affleck though by any stretch.

As another poster mentioned also, if this was intended to be a Affleck sculpt, people would probably be laughing about how much it resembles Paul Rudd more than Affleck.

Eh, the more I look at it, the more I actually see Paul Rudd more than Affleck. I can see a bit of Affleck, but perhaps 10-15 years ago. As a poster pointed out earlier, it's simply because the two actors share a few common facial features, but still have distinct, differentiating features; the chin, for instance.

This sculpt would not pass for a BvS Affleck though by any stretch.

As another poster mentioned also, if this was intended to be a Affleck sculpt, people would probably be laughing about how much it resembles Paul Rudd more than Affleck.

:exactly:

A younger Rudd and a Younger Affleck looked similar

But this sculpt is not Battfleck

Easy pass, the HS looks really off and not a huge fan of the CW suit after seeing it on a HT fig. I'll wait for sequel version, maybe pick up Wasp at the same time.

Umm...yeah. Easy pass for me. The original Ant-Man figure is the way to go. This version....too blah. Don't like the hs at all.

:exactly: Each to their own but I much prefer the original version too -the head sculpt is way, way better! Not a fan of that new suit at all. I love Ant-Man but I'll be passing on this 'Ant-fleck' figure.

I think what works for the original Ant man Rudd sculpt is the smirk. Rudd is always smiling or smirking. He really doesn't frown or look intense. Affleck does that more.:lecture

The new suit and helmet are ok but I think I do prefer the first one better. Only main gripe with this is that it looks like they added the same padding that made Stealth Cap have that squarish look in the midsection. The sculpt does really resemble Affleck in the promo shots but looks a lot more like Rudd in the SB shots.

I'll stick with the V1. I think the costume is far more interesting in it's original form. I can see that they've used a material similar to the HT Stealth Cap and that impaired articulation a great deal. Easy pass.

a8547ed5e0d9722e834d87e007eee00e.jpg

Paul Rudd + Ben Affleck = Paul Affleck?
Or Ben Rudd?

Same price as Falcon, but at least w/Falcon you get the wings, "Redwing", etc. All you get here are hands and a mini-me.

The more I think about it I think the suit was designed to look more obscure in CW because more than likely he will become Giant Man in the future so they probably didn't go really deep into making a really fancy suit.

This new version has started to grow on me a little. I like the streamlined costume, but don't like the helmet. Looks too Japanese anime - Power Rangers - Kamen Rider ish for me. Although that may have been their intention to get the easterners excited about a character other than just Iron Man!! :lol ... The original suit is more rough around the edges, just like Hank Pym would've made since he was a scientist 1st... Makes sense for Scott Lang to have a slightly sleeker look. FOr my money though, I'd still go with the 1st version as I still prefer it and always prefer a head in helmet face sculpt over a full head which I would never display. Here's to hoping people prefer this version and the 1st guy hangs around for awhile and i can pick him up at a discount if I decide too!! :)

I think I will wait until I see the movie before I make a decision but I think I'm leaning towards the original.

No male marvel HT character will be under $230. HT is capitalizing on this successful cinema franchise

Back