1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers - Iron Man Mark 7 (Diecast? Repaints?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just store exclusives. It's why hot toys proper isn't publishing info. Same as the Shanghai store stuff.

I remember these three appeared in the 2017 catalog and it seemed odd to me. I guess the 4th will be the XLII since it was in the catalog as well

The catalog stuff really doesn't mean much. (Not saying your wrong or right about the 42)there is always already released figures in them.

So retro sneaky was announced and put up for PO as a Sideshow Exclusive. It will no longer be labeled a Sideshow Exclusive when released at this event.

how about a little guessing game for the last one?

the past 3 featured:
- plastic molds
- red gold paint schemes
- past releases (shanghai, SS)

could the last one be red gold IM, plastic mold but which one? could be MK42 DC but the *** market already had it during IM3 unlike shanghai.

So retro sneaky was announced and put up for PO as a Sideshow Exclusive. It will no longer be labeled a Sideshow Exclusive when released at this event.

There almost never exclusive to sideshow. In the last couple years every time there's a sideshow exclusive it's already been released at secret base or Shanghai or toy sapians. The "sideshow exclusive" is in refer nice to it only being available at sideshow with regard to sideshows retail network and licensing rights. Like you can't buy it from monkey depot or toy anxiety as an authorized sale.

Doesn't mean other regions won't have it.

So, if/when Hot Toys does a diecast version of the Mark VII, what improvements, other than material (conceding that just because something is "diecast" doesn't by itself make it better) do people want to see in the figure? Are there proportion issues some would like to see fixed? What accessories are a must? How much battle damage should the diecast have? (Should it be able to convert to as much damage as the "battle damaged" release?)

So, if/when Hot Toys does a diecast version of the Mark VII, what improvements, other than material (conceding that just because something is "diecast" doesn't by itself make it better) do people want to see in the figure? Are there proportion issues some would like to see fixed? What accessories are a must? How much battle damage should the diecast have? (Should it be able to convert to as much damage as the "battle damaged" release?)

Good question. My main grip is with the rubber on the elbows. Same with the hip section which is made of rubbery material and has no hinges for better articulation. The shoulder pads could be ball jointed. Better shoulder and elbow articulation would be nice, too.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hopefully it'll have the new extendable elbows, dropdown legs, hard plastic panties and then of course eyes that look less insect-y. Maybe bulk it up a bit too, always thought the original version looked a little leaner than the armour did on screen.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Good question. My main grip is with the rubber on the elbows. Same with the hip section which is made of rubbery material and has no hinges for better articulation. The shoulder pads could be ball jointed. Better shoulder and elbow articulation would be nice, too.

Hopefully it'll have the new extendable elbows, dropdown legs, hard plastic panties and then of course eyes that look less insect-y.

Yea, all those things sound good.

... Maybe bulk it up a bit too, always thought the original version looked a little leaner than the armour did on screen.

yea, I wondered if a tad more bulk would be be better too. I think I agree with that.

I'm yet to do anything too outrageous with posing Iron Man, and I've never used any of the lights... but if you look at the marketing shots of the existing recast of the Mark VI vs the yet to be released die-cast, the die-cast clearly looks better. Hopefully the same would apply to any of the original 7 still to be die-cast released.

We getting Retro Bones

59e9ddeb43287fa4625eafaa683c5858.jpg
96f58a606d4447890506988e3774d823.jpg

What did that all translate as? Was confused over what they were revealing when they first posted that a month(s) ago. Are these just regular releases, non-die-cast?

Back