1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would an eyeglasses screwdriver kit work??

Get you a set of these:

k2-_98391a5b-bbb0-4244-b441-fc28cddb8a54.v1.jpg

They aren't expensive at all, and work great.

Anyone worried about the 'clam' of the stand leaving a black mark on the waist of the figure over time?

You can also just repose the figure every so often to keep the holder from hugging the same spot for long term periods of time...maybe every couple months

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had issues with taking out the screws on the arms for the batteries? Both of mine were screwed so freakin tight that I barely managed to loosen the screw on the left arm to put the batteries in but cannot for the life of me loosen the screw on the right arm.

I seriously spent hours last night trying to loosen the screw by any means to no avail except for a blister on my finger. The screwdriver that comes with the figure doesn't work for the arms, it's too weak or something and it's just messing up the gears to the screwdriver and screw. I used a small flathead to loosen the left arm and have run out of ideas.. Would an eyeglasses screwdriver kit work?? This is driving me crazy!! :lol

Are you applying pressure to the screw when you try to remove them? If not, try doing that.

I use these.. They're like $5 at Walmart or target.

image_zpsi7fmpmkq.jpg

Are you applying pressure to the screw when you try to remove them? If not, try doing that.

I use these.. They're like $5 at Walmart or target.

image_zpsi7fmpmkq.jpg

Thanks for all the help fellas, I was eventually able to loosen it with a drill which was scary to do

Thanks for all the help fellas, I was eventually able to loosen it with a drill which was scary to do

That does sound quite scary lol.

The more I look at the 45 the more I can't wait to display the mark 46 next him. I think the 42, 45, and 46 would look quite cool together considering how unique they are.

I bought 2 Mark 45's and love this armor, but only going to end up keeping one. If anyone wants one lower (10% less) than SS and fee-bay, please feel free to pm me.

I love the design of the helmet as well and it's very proportionate to the rest of the body.

Perhaps a little too proportionate in the sense that there's no way a human head could fit in there. I think that's the main reason they never showed Tony's face while he was in it. It would have looked very strange.

(and gives a little more credence the theory that he was remotely piloting it):wink1:

I thought the same thing. I like the M42 because it looks like a person could fit in that suit. Regardless I think the 45 looks great, but I'm waiting for the 46

This is an incredible figure and looks awesome in person. I'm happy with everything it came with too.

I do have a question and I don't know if it's been covered yet: how in the hell do you get him to palm the Ultron head like the promo photos? It says in the book that it can be done but it doesn't say how to do it. And if it's magnetic, then I'm missing some magnets in my figure. Thanks!

Last edited:
do any of you have this displayed in flight?

i wish this figure came with one of the longer stands, like tank.. or that the base was compatible with the other stands. but none of them have the long threaded section that's required for this base.

This is an incredible figure and looks awesome in person. I'm happy with everything it came with too.

I do have a question and I don't know if it's been covered yet: how in the hell do you get him to palm the Ultron head like the promo photos? It says in the book that it can be done but it doesn't say how to do it. And if it's magnetic, then I'm missing some magnets in my figure. Thanks!

i just thought that that feature never made it to the production version. i don't recall any photos of the figure being able to do it. i too thought it would be some magnetic system.. but clearly that doesn't seem to be the case.

what really would've been a nice touch is if the sentry had light up eyes.

I'd say they used a little of that "photography magic" to get him to hold it.

I suppose you could use a bit of that adhesive putty used for hanging posters and stuff since it doesn't leave any residue.

But like I said, it's actually in the instruction manual. I'm not going to glue it or anything. I was just expecting it due to it being shown in several spots. I also just needed the validation that I'm not an idiot 👌🏽

But like I said, it's actually in the instruction manual. I'm not going to glue it or anything. I was just expecting it due to it being shown in several spots. I also just needed the validation that I'm not an idiot ����

I've tried this too. There's definitely no magnet but using an Articulated hand and kind of shove the pinky and ring finger between the sentry's "antennae". It doesn't look perfect but looks ok. If you want, I can setup one of my 45's this way and post some pics. LMK.

Well, the instructions also tell you to put the batteries in the arms in upside down so....

Back