1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I was going to pass on the QS 45 because of space but seeing this makes me want to get it and display it with the 43 as a 1/4-scale pair.

I'd love to do that.. I have a separate coffee table for my QS 43, and enough room for the 45 next to it. The problem is it'll cost me about $1000NZ to get it. That's my share of a roughly a month's worth of our mortgage... :lol

The flip side of that is the sixth scale is over a half of that (much more expensive than any other AoU or Civil War figure) regardless of whether I buy it from a NZ retailer or get it from the US or Australia and pay customs.. Comparing the two scales of the 43 it's a no-brainer which looks better... and it's not like I'm planning a big Iron Man collection at sixth scale. Just one or two pieces here or there..

I'd love to do that.. I have a separate coffee table for my QS 43, and enough room for the 45 next to it. The problem is it'll cost me about $1000NZ to get it. That's my share of a roughly a month's worth of our mortgage... :lol

The flip side of that is the sixth scale is over a half of that (much more expensive than any other AoU or Civil War figure) regardless of whether I buy it from a NZ retailer or get it from the US or Australia and pay customs.. Comparing the two scales of the 43 it's a no-brainer which looks better... and it's not like I'm planning a big Iron Man collection at sixth scale. Just one or two pieces here or there..

Doesn't sound like an ideal situation—but I look forward to seeing what both of us choose in the end :wink1:

I love my Mark 45 but I just have to poke fun at Hot Toys, so I had to do this set-up.....team Wing-Chun! Lol.
c2a510f2a152df6708f698421ba3ce8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Mark 45 but I just have to poke fun at Hot Toys, so I had to do this set-up.....team Wing-Chun! Lol.
c2a510f2a152df6708f698421ba3ce8e.jpg

Hey...Bruce lee spoke fluent English. Donnie speaks fluent English.

I think you need to edit that caption. Just saying.

Edited*

Last edited:
e2ca41930c31b7c0654e845234ea3cab.jpg

Hahaha great photo. Love how this looks like cap and Bucky teaming up against Tony. BTW off topic here what ip man figure is that?

Sent from my SM-N910G

Hey...Bruce lee spoke fluent English. Donnie speaks fluent English.

I think you need to edit that caption. Just saying.

Oh I know. It's was just funnier with broken English. Just imagine it was him learning English at age 15. Lol. However just for you I changed it. [emoji106]

Are you buying all those batteries because you have that many figures, or are you stocking up for replacing batteries?

Honestly, they can leak no matter the brand so far as I know. You may want to seriously consider the Soap Reactor solution that Craig posted about. I use them now (and glad I do because when I was taking batteries out of everything, I found some that were just starting to leak - thankfully not to the point where any damage was done and I was able to wipe the residue out easy enough). I won't leave batteries in any more, and the nice thing is I have everything hooked up to one remote - turns all the display lights and figure lights on all at once.

The people that produce Soap Reactor are really nice and very helpful - and shipping is super fast. You can check them out here:

https://www.soapstudio.com/

yeah, the soap reactors are brought up a lot on here.. but right now, i'd rather go with the batteries. i change my display, where i display my figures, and their poses a lot.. so using that right now isn't practical.

i have 13 figures. age of ultron war machine, mark VII, mark XLII, starboost, hot rod, python, peacemaker, tank, centurion, heartbreaker, striker, shotgun, and bones.. and i just ordered the mark IX last night, and i have preorders for ultron prime, mark XLV, XLVI, war machine mark 1 & 3.

the other day i took the batteries out of all of them. i was surprised to see that the mark VII didn't have any leakages or anything, the batteries have been in it since i got it years ago.

will one reactor light only one figure? or can it power more than one? if i were to ever jump in on it, i'd probably only hook up the chest and head of each figure and not worry about the arms.

My first Iron Man figure and apart from being damn fiddly to get the batteries in i absolutely love it, sleek and streamlined great job Hot Toys.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG

Sweet, Thanks. But can you close the battery compartments with the soap reactor in?

You could close them I suppose. But then your crimping the wires. Not something I would do, but that's me.

I actually closed the battery compartments on my Iron Man figures with the soap reactor - and I didn't have any problem. I was careful about it and put it so it came out the corner of the compartment covers so it has a little more room than just coming out the side. Screwed the covers back on, and it works fine - I didn't feel that they were crimped that much either. But you would want to be careful of course - I can see how it could crimp the wires too much.

I put the covers back on, I just don't crank down on the screw. Leave it a touch loose and you're good. No problems so far.

I just got my Ultron arm adapters in......need to slow down a minute and install them :)

Can anyone suggest the best batteries for quality and where to buy them? Do to paranoia from you guys I went and removed my stock hot toys batteries from all my preds. No leaks and they were there for years but they are empty now and the soaps are not something I'm into. And suggestions? Quality is important I don't light them up that much

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but, since its so active, i thought i would ask here. Would you guys sell the dc mk 3 for the mk4 that was just re-released in hong kong? In debating on getting the mk4 because its aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, but i feel like the mk3 is a must in a iron man collection.

Can anyone suggest the best batteries for quality and where to buy them? Do to paranoia from you guys I went and removed my stock hot toys batteries from all my preds. No leaks and they were there for years but they are empty now and the soaps are not something I'm into. And suggestions? Quality is important I don't light them up that much

Any normal battery company is fine. Energizer duracell or its competitors. Hot toys uses equivalent to dollar store battery's. Just cheap mass made ones. It's like the crap battery's you get with remotes when you buy a tv or bluray player. They don't include top of the line battery's with those and hot toys does the same with the cell battery's.

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but, since its so active, i thought i would ask here. Would you guys sell the dc mk 3 for the mk4 that was just re-released in hong kong? In debating on getting the mk4 because its aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, but i feel like the mk3 is a must in a iron man collection.

I would not. But that's me. The new mk4 cost 190usd new. The dcmk3 was over 100 dollars more. Even though the new mk4 may end up higher prices on the secondary market the quality isn't equal. It's essentially the same as the original figure with minor tweaks. It's a good figure, but to me it's not the same level as a 5 year newer figure.

Anybody else having issues with the Soap Studio website? It says the price is 388 USD. I thought it was a glitch so I switched the currency and then switched back and it stayed the same. Surely they cannot have jacked the price up that much?

Anybody else having issues with the Soap Studio website? It says the price is 388 USD. I thought it was a glitch so I switched the currency and then switched back and it stayed the same. Surely they cannot have jacked the price up that much?

Yeah this was discussed recently. If you email them they will tell you it's a mistake.

This was part of the convo in the mk43 1/4 thread

This is from adello25

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back