1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, still undecided. I may sell my MK 43 once I get it and just pre-order this when it becomes coupon eligible. No exclusive so no rush, plenty of time to think it over.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Given that they touted this as their 300th release, I'm a little surprised it's not an Exclusive. Still, I PO'd it. Just a gorgeous suit.

Please let me explain before jumping me. I want the product and will pay for the product. I'm just tired of standing behind the product and ordering it on the first day when I watch people who wait get coupon codes later on and get it cheaper than me. I pre-order on BBTS because I want to be assured I get the product if it possibly sells out. In a perfect world I'd just like to pre-order the product from Sideshow. But unfortunatly they play games that make the die-hards look dumb for pre-ordering early. This is a game that I don't want to play. But Sideshow has forced my hand. I'm a stay at home Dad so I need my money to be spent wisely. Sorry if this offends anyone, it's just what I have to do to get the best price now a days.

I totally understand wanting to wait for the best deal. That's not the issue nor was I jumping you. But if you had to wait then my opinion, and yes it is just my opinion, you should not sign up for a deal you dont intend to honor. If BBTS or ssc didn't honor the deal becuase someon else offered them a little more money I bet you would be upset and throw around the "we had a deal" and you "went back on your word" type of stuff.

As of now because you PO thru them they have to place an order for that figure for you. That's on top of any other people that do the same, and what they order for DAy of/In store sales. So in two months or three months when you find that better deal you will cancel your BBTS deal and now they have extra stock. If they have to discount it later (which happens a lot, and this is why there are those games you talk about, it's in large part becuase people order and cancel and the stores are stuck with stock) they will lose out on profit. It's not a huge deal if it's just one person one time. But that's not the case. Look at just this board and you will see dozens on every figure. That's thousands of dollars of lost sales. And not to be funny, but I bet the people that depend on the stores income to survive, and oh other people's wages, they have kids too.

I wasn't trying to single you out beciase its personel. I like you. Seem like a nice enough guy. But this type of stuff is what will end up killing this line and has cussed stores to go out of business. Think about what would happen if a small retail shop had even 3 hulk buster cancelations that they have to take a large loss on. That could be hundreds of dollars, maybe over a grand. That's one figure. Throw in igor and whiplash and Ultron prime. Thousands of dollars in lost profit. Most of these compaines don't have a lot of working capital nor infinite resources.

I totally get waiting for a deal. No issue. If you don't want to pay an NRD that's fine as well. Feel free to wait. The issue is when you PO, which is a promise to buy, one that the retailer has to honor, so the customers should have the same liability. If not the NRD is a way to make sure if they then have to discount to move the product they will cover some of that loss.

Well good for you! I don't have the funds for all of this all the time so time to cut.

Same here! Time to have money for moving out and other stuff. It'll be better that way.

Wow it looks like a few of us are thinking the same.

With HB next year, adding just one other !M figure (Mk 44 or Mk45) would put 2 figs at over $1K!!!

I was thinking of stopping after HB too. My den is about maxed out, costs are on the rise, and there is a good amount of cool stuff now...plus I don't think I'd be able to constantly upgrade.

oh until DoFP figures come out!!! no I jest!

It's good if Hot Toys made non perfect figure, so I can literally save my money.

I found this figure a bit weird. It should look realistic when ironman is fat but I have no idea which part goes wrong. the repulsor and lazer also very ugly. good add anyway.

I was on the fence after seeing the first images and the fact that it is diecast but Hot Toys has made it pretty easy for me. This is a $250 figure all day long.

I totally understand wanting to wait for the best deal. That's not the issue nor was I jumping you. But if you had to wait then my opinion, and yes it is just my opinion, you should not sign up for a deal you dont intend to honor. If BBTS or ssc didn't honor the deal becuase someon else offered them a little more money I bet you would be upset and throw around the "we had a deal" and you "went back on your word" type of stuff.

As of now because you PO thru them they have to place an order for that figure for you. That's on top of any other people that do the same, and what they order for DAy of/In store sales. So in two months or three months when you find that better deal you will cancel your BBTS deal and now they have extra stock. If they have to discount it later (which happens a lot, and this is why there are those games you talk about, it's in large part becuase people order and cancel and the stores are stuck with stock) they will lose out on profit. It's not a huge deal if it's just one person one time. But that's not the case. Look at just this board and you will see dozens on every figure. That's thousands of dollars of lost sales. And not to be funny, but I bet the people that depend on the stores income to survive, and oh other people's wages, they have kids too.

I wasn't trying to single you out beciase its personel. I like you. Seem like a nice enough guy. But this type of stuff is what will end up killing this line and has cussed stores to go out of business. Think about what would happen if a small retail shop had even 3 hulk buster cancelations that they have to take a large loss on. That could be hundreds of dollars, maybe over a grand. That's one figure. Throw in igor and whiplash and Ultron prime. Thousands of dollars in lost profit. Most of these compaines don't have a lot of working capital nor infinite resources.

I totally get waiting for a deal. No issue. If you don't want to pay an NRD that's fine as well. Feel free to wait. The issue is when you PO, which is a promise to buy, one that the retailer has to honor, so the customers should have the same liability. If not the NRD is a way to make sure if they then have to discount to move the product they will cover some of that loss.

I dont think you quite get what he mentioned.
That's a nice detail information from the Sellers perspective.
But as a buyer, the main reason why he PO from a seller without NRD is in case the Hot Toys sell out.
I'm guilty of doing this here Sideshow many times whenever I'm undecided and it doesnt have an NRD.
Its not like you PO every thing you see and cancel since you have the option.
But I'm sure all of us have been excited for a figure when its first shown, but later change our mind.

The problem with Hot Toys is that once it sells out, and you're only option is secondary market, like ebay,
most of the time, you're looking at spending at least an extra $50-100...or a lot more.

I dont PO if I have no intention of buying a figure. But its nice to have that option when the seller lets you PO without NRD cause then,
You have that option of buying or cancelling if you change your mind, or if you end up having financial dificulties at the moment.

But his reasoning is simply, He wants to PO now and have the option to buy it there or at Sideshow, or risk waiting
and have the Hot Toys sell out and now pay an arm and a leg on the secondary market.

I like you too Motuxmen. You always have an interesting and usually good point of view. You can be long winded but it's all good. Here's my problem. I suffer from severe anxiety. I pre-order from BBTS because I worry that I will miss out on a product that may sell out. Anxiety sucks, wish I could control it. But it is what it is. I want the product. If Sideshow didn't offer discounts I'd gladly keep my order with BBTS. If Sideshow gave the discounts they give to the late buyers to the early guys, I'd just order from them. It's a game. I don't wanna play it. I'm a simple guy. But I'm frugal cause I don't have much income coming in. That's my truth. Love me hate me......it's what I gotta do.

I dont think you quite get what he mentioned.
That's a nice detail information from the Sellers perspective.
But as a buyer, the main reason why he PO from a seller without NRD is in case the Hot Toys sell out.
I'm guilty of doing this here Sideshow many times whenever I'm undecided and it doesnt have an NRD.
Its not like you PO every thing you see and cancel since you have the option.
But I'm sure all of us have been excited for a figure when its first shown, but later change our mind.

The problem with Hot Toys is that once it sells out, and you're only option is secondary market, like ebay,
most of the time, you're looking at spending at least an extra $50-100...or a lot more.

I dont PO if I have no intention of buying a figure. But its nice to have that option when the seller lets you PO without NRD cause then,
You have that option of buying or cancelling if you change your mind, or if you end up having financial dificulties at the moment.

But his reasoning is simply, He wants to PO now and have the option to buy it there or at Sideshow, or risk waiting
and have the Hot Toys sell out and now pay an arm and a leg on the secondary market.

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to say.:duff

This is a beautiful armor. Not sure they got the color right -- shouldn't it have a bit more of a deep (dare I say hint of purple) cherry red with that high metallic sheen?

ironman-mk-451.png

Actually, the more I look at it... the more I like it.. but that's probably because I like the 43 more, and this resembles it more than the movie version did... :lol

Back