1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a lot of reveals and teasers. I actually don't like it, at least after the movie is out we can call out HT on their inaccuracies.

I think it's silly how collectors really pick out the tiniest inaccuracies though. Some collectors are never happy.
It's like people complaining about visions cape, or this color is a tiny bit different to the movie. It just bugs the crap out of me.

There have been a lot of reveals and teasers. I actually don't like it, at least after the movie is out we can call out HT on their inaccuracies.

I never thought of it like that... That is actually a very good point. It's kinda aggravating that their 43 doesn't have whatever arm gun it had in the one recent trailer.

I think it's silly how collectors really pick out the tiniest inaccuracies though. Some collectors are never happy.
It's like people complaining about visions cape, or this color is a tiny bit different to the movie. It just bugs the crap out of me.

People pay $250+ for a high end collectible, it's not unreasonable to want something so expensive to be as accurate as it can be.

Yeah its like DasMuse said, for the money we pay, we have a right to demand a certain level of accuracy or quality, maybe that sounds entitled but its just my opinion

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
There are a lot more expensive collectibles than hot toys. They should be. But when you see a gun in a trailer and you expect it, then I don't see the point. He may use it only once etc.
just my opinion.

People pay $250+ for a high end collectible, it's not unreasonable to want something so expensive to be as accurate as it can be.

Well part of the problem is that everyone disagrees on what accuracy is.

And though these figures are expensive for toys, they are not cheap things to make.

Half the source material is inconsistent with itself. A cgi version has one look, a prac version another, a blended another. You do ten screen grabs of the same character from the same movie and half of them have unique details.

And as for us having a right to demand anything? These are not private commissioned products. We are not paying for the license or raw materials or wages or time or machining. We have the right to not buy. They have the right to make anything any way they want.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
There are a lot more expensive collectibles than hot toys. They should be. But when you see a gun in a trailer and you expect it, then I don't see the point. He may use it only once etc.
just my opinion.

but what if I bring a girl over and show her my Avengers collection, and then she points out that the wrist rocket/gun on the 43 is inaccurate
That would be devastating

:monkey3

Well part of the problem is that everyone disagrees on what accuracy is.

And though these figures are expensive for toys, they are not cheap things to make.

Half the source material is inconsistent with itself. A cgi version has one look, a prac version another, a blended another. You do ten screen grabs of the same character from the same movie and half of them have unique details.

And as for us having a right to demand anything? These are not private commissioned products. We are not paying for the license or raw materials or wages or time or machining. We have the right to not buy. They have the right to make anything any way they want.
I hear ya... besides the arm (rocket?) missing from 43, I can't recall any figure that had any glaring inaccuracies, or any I was displeased with besides the occasional ugly head sculpt... I'm just saying that we pay premium prices for premium quality, and it's understandable that some people would be upset over specific details that may be wrong or missing. Either way, they may not even be HTs fault since they make figures based on what the companies give them.

but what if I bring a girl over and show her my Avengers collection, and then she points out that the wrist rocket/gun on the 43 is inaccurate
That would be devastating

:monkey3

Mate if you bring a girl home and the first thing you do is show her your toys well she may not comeback again.

tumblr_me5uojkhBI1r0btiwo1_400.png

Back