1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7-256.png

I haven't had the chance to post in the commerce thread yet, but I will be selling my Mark 45 figure. Gently displayed, like new. DM me if you're interested!

Picking one of these badasses up off a seller on Craigslist this week. Said there’s a slight paint chip on its leg. What would be a good paint to use to touch it up if its too noticeable?

Picking one of these badasses up off a seller on Craigslist this week. Said there’s a slight paint chip on its leg. What would be a good paint to use to touch it up if its too noticeable?

Buying HT off Craigslist...wow! That sounds super risky to me for some reason lol.

Buying HT off Craigslist...wow! That sounds super risky to me for some reason lol.

Honestly never been an issue. Bought and sold at least 20 figures from it an all have gone smoothly and none of the sellers had an issue with me inspecting the figure.

Usually try and meet at a mall or someplace that has people.

Love most of this figure, not a fan of the mask design and should of came with a Stark head.

I wonder how this armor design holds up currently - with the plethora of the Iron Man suits and (possibly) the final Mark 85, would this Mark 45 be a (major) favorite?

Funny enough, I saw a featurette a few days ago on the evolution of the Iron Man suits' VFX. They mentioned in AoU that they decided to change the proportions to a more comic book look, so basically they shrunk the head, waist and made the legs longer. I still like the suit for its design even if it looks more like a robot than a suit due to the proportions though.

The Mark 45 is actually one of my favorite main hero suits (after the 3, 42, and 7.. the 2 is somewhere in the mix too). I don't like the 50/85 because they lean too heavily in the organic/nanotech direction, and the 45 is a nice balance between the mechanical and organic elements, especially in the arms and legs. The only thing I don't like about it are the "eyes" in the torso/ribcage area; it might just be me, but I can't not see Ultron Prime in there, and that always throws me off.

Despite loving the Mark 42, my least favorite remains the 43.

Funny enough, I saw a featurette a few days ago on the evolution of the Iron Man suits' VFX. They mentioned in AoU that they decided to change the proportions to a more comic book look, so basically they shrunk the head, waist and made the legs longer. I still like the suit for its design even if it looks more like a robot than a suit due to the proportions though.

Fun fact- I saw that video in my Youtube recommendations a few days ago and finally watched it because of you.

I also have a real fondness for the 45 as far as the figures go. The 50 is dead last in my collection, obviously with the terrible thigh gaps, distracting waist seam, and then the bitter taste the whole accessories pack situation leaves. And the reused sculpt. But it may be the color for the gold parts on the 50 that I like the least, it looks kinda toy-ish to me for some reason, especially compared to the metallic gold on the 45 and other recent figures.

I basically think the 45 is in the similar style as the 50, but better looking actually. At least as a figure. Sure it comes with no head sculpt and no terribly interesting accessories, but it basically comes with everything you see it with in the movie, which is more accurate than what the 50 comes with out of the box. Oh, and good luck getting that waist grabber to hold the 50 securely when you have the alternate back section installed. I miss the pole and single piece crotch grabber that they used to use for the 45, WM Mk 1, and BvS Batman figures. I am never going to pose any of my die-cast figures in flying poses so I wish they would knock if off with the bendy poles and waist grabbers.

That said, I still have the 45 ranked behind the 4, 5, 6, 7, 46, and 47 as a figure, because those are all just that good, but ahead of the 50 and the 2. I never picked up the 42 or 43. I might finally grab the 43 if it hits a deal for Spooktacular, but neither of those designs ever did much for me especially with the now outdated flat paint colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reviving this thread. Just unboxed this after years in my closet:

BiwrGaO.jpg

Such a lovely figure. The reds and golds on this is something to behold. Looks much better in person than in photos.

Sorry for the poor mobile phone pic. :wink1:

BiwrGaO.jpg

Such a lovely figure. The reds and golds on this is something to behold. Looks much better in person than in photos.

Nice pic! Yeah this 45 still is pretty good and holds up well in opinion. The 45's my favorite amongst the 'organic' armors.

BiwrGaO.jpg

Nice! How are his joints holding up by the way?

I remember a year after I received him and took him out of the box again, I was quite stunned to discover mine were all loose!

Nice! How are his joints holding up by the way?

I remember a year after I received him and took him out of the box again, I was quite stunned to discover mine were all loose!

Thanks! This one is still as tight as they were when I bought it. He free stands in that pose with no issues. I just opted to use the stand + clamp because this is set above my TV.

Uq2HJWU.jpg

Such a great armour. Looking back at them all this one should have come a bit later as it feels more like the 85 and the 46 is quite angular. It should have gone ...43, 46/47, 45, 85, 50.

Thanks! I also have the 43, I might put them on opposite sides of the shelf :D

Sounds cool!

Though, for me the 42/43 are my least favorite IM armors on screen (though I have the 1/4 Mark 42 which is awesome in my opinion).

Such a great armour. Looking back at them all this one should have come a bit later as it feels more like the 85 and the 46 is quite angular. It should have gone ...43, 46/47, 45, 85, 50.

I agree! I feel this design should have come after 46/47.

Back