1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if the MK45 is made of vibranium, and defeats ultron, but is somehow destroyed in doing so? Then he has to use an armour made of weaker material to fight captain america in civil war, making it still a fair fight.

What if the MK45 is made of vibranium, and defeats ultron, but is somehow destroyed in doing so? Then he has to use an armour made of weaker material to fight captain america in civil war, making it still a fair fight.

As awesome as it would be for it to be made of vibranium, I don't think it will happen. Because then he really would be the "Invincible Iron Man" lol. Most likely it's going to be influenced by the Extremis armor from the comics. The armor is directly connected to Stark's nervous system so there is no need for an AI system, and thus, Ultron would not be able to hack into it.

As awesome as it would be for it to be made of vibranium, I don't think it will happen. Because then he really would be the "Invincible Iron Man" lol. Most likely it's going to be influenced by the Extremis armor from the comics. The armor is directly connected to Stark's nervous system so there is no need for an AI system, and thus, Ultron would not be able to hack into it.

I think it's more Bleeding Edge than the Extremis armor.

A la Doc Oc in SpiderMan 2, but without AI...

I think it's more Bleeding Edge than the Extremis armor.

Design wise, yes I agree. It bares a striking resemblance to the Bleeding Edge, but I think it will function more like the Extremis. Meaning that it will probably still be a physical suit of armor that has to be assembled around Tony instead of nanotech that is stored inside his body. I don't know if Marvel would be able to pull that off on screen.

A la Doc Oc in SpiderMan 2, but without AI...

Exactly, minus the inhibitor chip lol.

I think the extremis armor is definitely the next step for the armor. IMO the mark 42 assembly system is a downgrade from the mark 7. Why is it better to come in pieces? However, having the suit directly connected to his mind would create a smooth assembly with out falling apart or wierd arm movements, while solving the ultron problem and adjusting to having no more Jarvis. Having a suit connected to the mind is something I thought of a long time ago, and I think it's a very plausible theory. It wouldn't actually be called extrems, though. That's something else now in the MCU. As cool as some people think bleeding edge is, I hate the whole concept, even though the suit design itself is awesome, I just hate the idea of the suit being stored in Tonys body, and it would be horrible and confusing on screen. I'm glad they're going for a design like bleeding edge, but hopefully a function like extremis.

I'm perfectly happy with the way the 42, 43, AND Hulkbuster comes in separate pieces.

Give us the Superior armor next. It's less confusing and more believable than having Tony become a technopath

I think the extremis armor is definitely the next step for the armor. IMO the mark 42 assembly system is a downgrade from the mark 7. Why is it better to come in pieces? However, having the suit directly connected to his mind would create a smooth assembly with out falling apart or wierd arm movements, while solving the ultron problem and adjusting to having no more Jarvis. Having a suit connected to the mind is something I thought of a long time ago, and I think it's a very plausible theory. It wouldn't actually be called extrems, though. That's something else now in the MCU. As cool as some people think bleeding edge is, I hate the whole concept, even though the suit design itself is awesome, I just hate the idea of the suit being stored in Tonys body, and it would be horrible and confusing on screen. I'm glad they're going for a design like bleeding edge, but hopefully a function like extremis.

Well even in the comics Extremis was two completely different things. Tony completely overhauled the virus for his needs. But I doubt they would call it that in the movie seeing how it would confuse anyone who is not familiar with the comics. And I agree with your opinion on the Bleeding Edge. It is one of my favorite armor designs aesthetically, but I don't think it could ever look right on film. And the fact that it made Tony essentially the strongest hero there was (at the time). There would be no need for the Avengers if he went full Bleeding Edge in the movie haha.

Exactly. That would also give him too much of an advantage over cap in civil war, which was my reason for saying that if the 45 were vibranium, it would have to be destroyed in this film. I know the vibranium thing is unlikely, but it would give me a reason to buy the hot toys version of this even though he would have a new suit for civil war.

Exactly. That would also give him too much of an advantage over cap in civil war, which was my reason for saying that if the 45 were vibranium, it would have to be destroyed in this film. I know the vibranium thing is unlikely, but it would give me a reason to buy the hot toys version of this even though he would have a new suit for civil war.

Or just buy both? :lol

I'm gonna be getting it no matter what. It's my favorite suit (so far), and I don't have an actual hot toys figure yet. I have the power pose Mark 42, but as we all know that's just a fancy statue.

10857377_10152708794347344_276460557199116621_o.jpg

Pretty sure it's not in that image anywhere. @justdafty I don't have a hot toys figure either, power pose or otherwise, but Ive always wanted one and this is the suit I want to buy, I just don't want to preorder and then have a newer suit be shown right after for civil war. I'm sort of a perfectionist in that I want the best suit, and that's why i want this suit or a weaker one in civil war.

Pretty sure it's not in that image anywhere. @justdafty I don't have a hot toys figure either, power pose or otherwise, but Ive always wanted one and this is the suit I want to buy, I just don't want to preorder and then have a newer suit be shown right after for civil war. I'm sort of a perfectionist in that I want the best suit, and that's why i want this suit or a weaker one in civil war.

Dude it's not gonna happen, Cap is going to up his game just like in the comics and there's no way Marvel would debunk the chance to have a new suit to market.

You might as well buy this, and if the civil war armor is more your taste, sell it and make more than what you paid for it.

Damn sorry Motu...
tumblr_ley29itztb1qfddico1_500.gif

See how easy it is to miss...mine was intended as a joke.

And as I said before, how's one to know your joking or sarcastic in text?

Websters-
"The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

Last edited:
See how easy it is to miss...mine was intended as a joke.

And as I said before, how's one to know your joking or sarcastic in text?

Websters-
"The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

Actually I wasn't sure if you were joking or not :lol

I thought it was perfectly clear that I was joking because clearly the 45 isn't in that shot but oh well

Back