1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daaaaaaaayum. Amazing pic! Trying hard to resist and wait for the 1/4 version but pics like that and the fact that this is almost stateside are making it tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daaaaaaaayum. Amazing pic! Trying hard to resist and wait for the 1/4 version but pics like that and the fact that this is almost stateside are making it tough.

Dude, and I'm not even a big Iron Man guy. I love this thing. The display presence on this thing is glass shattering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was one of the best emails I've received in months

after my NRD and $70 off my total only comes to $271.94

(never thought I'd be saying something like "only $270" for a toy when I was a kid, lol)

That was one of the best emails I've received in months

after my NRD and $70 off my total only comes to $271.94

Sweet. You are gonna happy with the figure, I think. For those not having seen it in person...it's pretty amazing. Way better then any photos.

Yeah, I can't wait.

Most anticipated fig in a long time. My Ultron is still just lying on the kitchen table, haven't chose a pose for him yet or even decided where to display him because I've been so distracted by the prospect of getting the 45.

The 45 is amazing. Even at the price, I'm surprised it's not sold out yet on SS. Many folks think we're nuts for spending the money we do on these figures, but I want the things I love immortalized, and the art of sculpting and paint application is on a whole new level now.

Don't believe the folks saying this thing doesn't look good with the battle damaged chest plate and lasers. I decided to put them on tonight and I think it rocks. Just saying.
80e2304e1c5100a7ccddbd108a5f0d4d.jpg

looks fantastic. i think the battle damaged pieces work better on this figure because of the rest of the paint job. it isn't just a battle damaged piece (or pieces) on an otherwise pristine armor. it's a battle damaged piece on a well worn armor which makes it look great.

i hope it doesn't take BBTS as long to get this in as it did for ultron.. i have a feeling that'll be the case though. i think i might have to start ordering from sideshow.. i just like BBTS's shipping options much more.

Surprisingly SSC's shipping only came up to $21 for me.

I thought it'd be more because of how heavy the piece is.

Don't believe the folks saying this thing doesn't look good with the battle damaged chest plate and lasers. I decided to put them on tonight and I think it rocks. Just saying.
80e2304e1c5100a7ccddbd108a5f0d4d.jpg

Amazing photo. I think what people want is an overall battle-damaged look instead of just one battle-damaged piece. The way I see it, it's like the start of the battle and the damage on his chest are the first few hits that he's taken.

Sent from my SM-N910G

Here's what I did with my 43 shortly after getting the email about the 45

:wink1:

That is f--king hilarious. Lol.

looks fantastic. i think the battle damaged pieces work better on this figure because of the rest of the paint job. it isn't just a battle damaged piece (or pieces) on an otherwise pristine armor. it's a battle damaged piece on a well worn armor which makes it look great.

i hope it doesn't take BBTS as long to get this in as it did for ultron.. i have a feeling that'll be the case though. i think i might have to start ordering from sideshow.. i just like BBTS's shipping options much more.

When you get this in hand, the detail really is amazing. There are so many little areas with weathering and battle damage that the pics don't even do justice for. Reviews of this figure complained about only the chest plate being battle damaged when in actuality the whole figure is really battle damaged, but folks just don't appreciate the details.

Amazing photo. I think what people want is an overall battle-damaged look instead of just one battle-damaged piece. The way I see it, it's like the start of the battle and the damage on his chest are the first few hits that he's taken.

Sent from my SM-N910G

That's how I basically see it as well. Unfortunately some collectors don't feel the same.

Here's what I did with my 43 shortly after getting the email about the 45

:wink1:

Lol. I have personally waited to get an Iron man figure until I saw one that blew my mind. First day this was up on sideshow I was in awe. I cannot wait. After discounts etc. I'm looking at 280 shipped. Ironman is going to be the bell of the ball for a while.

That's how I basically see it as well. Unfortunately some collectors don't feel the same.

I guess many of them are comparing it to the mark 42 and how it has so many interchangeable bd parts.

Sent from my SM-N910G

I guess many of them are comparing it to the mark 42 and how it has so many interchangeable bd parts.

Sent from my SM-N910G

yeah, the battle damaged pieces for the 42 are cool, but i just can't display it like that for long because they still look a bit out of place with the rest of the figure being so clean. i think 45 has hit the prime weathered look. not too much, but not too little.

That is f--king hilarious. Lol.

When you get this in hand, the detail really is amazing. There are so many little areas with weathering and battle damage that the pics don't even do justice for. Reviews of this figure complained about only the chest plate being battle damaged when in actuality the whole figure is really battle damaged, but folks just don't appreciate the details.

yeah, i'm so excited.. and i've noticed that with other figures. a lot of the time photos don't do the paint jobs justice. like i just picked up peacemaker recently, and barely any of the photos i've seen of it show all of the little scratches and whatnot.. same goes for the age of ultron war machine.

i think once sideshow starts shipping, it's going to be even more difficult to wait on BBTS lol. i guess it'll be a great practice in patience. i can't remember a figure i've wanted this badly. i think the war machine mark 3 and the 46 are up there as well, but not to this degree. this figure looks like it's going to be a true standout in my collection. i think the 46 will stand out as well, but that'll be because of the lights. the paint job is what does it for this figure. oh, and that badass looking head.

Just some close ups with the battle-damaged chest plate. Also some pics of what's under the chest plate. Attention to detail is top notch here!

6c2b0fb5cdd18300b4f900b5960dc6f6.jpg
9645776290f0aa6098fd45b839945d8c.jpg
c7c853b971ad9ecc19c9aabe2548cb2b.jpg
f50000af2b91c68731e0ae335cca1493.jpg
1133568c3a17386c4e966537582c60ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G

Back