1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to offend anyone who likes the mark 42/43 figure, because it's all about opinion, but when budget stark brought out out in his video to compare, it just showed me how amazing the 45 is and how much I truly dislike the 43.

Tbh I actually like the 43 in design, and I think the 1/4 43 looks absolutely fantastic, but there's something about the 1/6 scale version that just really bothers me. I think the biggest problems I have with it are the shoulders and the lifting waist flaps for articulation. Two things that were very well done on the XLV in my opinion.

Yeah, I think the 45 looks the best. I still love the 42.. I've never been the biggest fan of the 43 though, it's still cool, I just think the 42's paint job looks better.

Yeah it's really all about the angles and at least having awareness of it. Unless you're looking at it dead on at eye level from the very front, it isn't too noticeable. But... I've spent years in school studying the human body (kinesiology) so stuff like that probably gets magnified in my mind more than most.

It just gets under my skin a little bit when I see pictures of the 42/43 in a museum pose where the shoulder barrel is pulled all the way out. I'm thinking "please just push the shoulder in!" :lol

I agree, they definitely should only be used when the pose requires it.

This is a beast. Def the one to get. Civil war one seems good too but this.... Just awesome.

I might be mistaken, but I don't believe that's true. I was under the impression that the moving plate was just too assist the crunch. I think he just didn't demonstrate the crunch movement but I could easily be wrong.

You are correct. It still has ab articulation like the 43, but it's added additional features on top of that. The upper torso is on a ball, the lower torso is on a ball and the middle ab plate is double hinged so you can move it without scratching the paint and things.

This figure has more articulation then the 1/4 43.

Though the 1/4 mk45 should have more then this even, since those panel looking things on his legs and arms actually extend on the 1/4. So the leg armor and arm open up.

6aeb03dffc5a7a2f62b0c84e24d68ca7.jpg

This looks amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't know. I would doubt it but I have not actually tried so I can't say for sure. The head has a one off design so I doubt many other heads will fit well.

Here's what the ball looks like. It's smaller then most others and is in a channel type setup so it can move forward and back. Maybe with something to hold it in the ball. But I don't think it would look right

image.jpeg

Edit-better pic

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The wait after seeing the final pics is going to make this even. Wonder if they will make a ultimate ultron....

I don't know. I would doubt it but I have not actually tried so I can't say for sure. The head has a one off design so I doubt many other heads will fit well.

Here's what the ball looks like. It's smaller then most others and is in a channel type setup so it can move forward and back. Maybe with something to hold it in the ball. But I don't think it would look right

View attachment 265577

Edit-better pic

View attachment 265578
Looking at the bottom of my Mk3 sculpt it seems like it might fit, but you can never really tell unless you actually try it.

5aae8f83db16d5e5891cec92822d2c17.jpg

Yeah the color won't match.

As for it fitting. It might sit on it, but i don't think it will look right. If it's not a Perfect fit it wil look odd. On top of losing most of the articulation. Throw in the wrong color and the gold not being remotely close and I doubt it would be worth doing. If I get a chance I'll dig my mk3 out and try it.

Looks very cool. Not sure whether to keep my PO on this or the Civil War armor. By the way, does anyone know how much Alter Ego Comics rewards points are worth? Thanks.

I guess I should have said I don't think any other heads will fit well. I'm sure lots will "sit" on the neck I just don't think many will work on it...with out some mod or blu tac or whatnot. And the color on this is very different then the other suits so that won't help. The ball is very small. The first mk3 had one pretty close in size if I recall.

Back to ab crunch, it looks like instead of pushing the upper abs in like the 42/43, for the 45 the mid-torso can extend with the movable middle plate to allow for ab crunch. Still accomplishes similar poses, with the exception of sitting poses (which aren't all that useful for most collectors). The articulation is just mind blowing on all the video reviews for this figure.

Back