1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prices tend to drop slowly after release. Trying to decide if I want to pay £310 for it right now or wait a few weeks and get it for £280ish.

I've only just got Shotgun and I also have Supes on the way, which is a lot for me in such a short space of time. Not sure if I can wait for the 45 though :lol

This. It's perfection! I had been worried that I was making the wrong choice not getting the 1/4 scale. I do prefer 1/6 figures (and their price), but seeing the final figure, they've fixed any problem I could've had with it. It looks literally like a metal, scaled down version of the 1/4.

I am so friggin excited for this. I may be in the minority in this regard, but I'm a huge fan of the laser effects and such, and a bunch of other stuff that the 1/4 doesn't come with, and I'm super happy to know I made the right decision. The color, proportions, base, effects, ultron sentry, light up functions, articulation, weight, stands and flaps all look absolutely on point. I've never been this excited to spend about $500 Canadian.

This. It's perfection! I had been worried that I was making the wrong choice not getting the 1/4 scale. I do prefer 1/6 figures (and their price), but seeing the final figure, they've fixed any problem I could've had with it. It looks literally like a metal, scaled down version of the 1/4.

I am so friggin excited for this. I may be in the minority in this regard, but I'm a huge fan of the laser effects and such, and a bunch of other stuff that the 1/4 doesn't come with, and I'm super happy to know I made the right decision. The color, proportions, base, effects, ultron sentry, light up functions, articulation, weight, stands and flaps all look absolutely on point. I've never been this excited to spend about $500 Canadian.
Love this post and name. Nice to see that we're all excited for an awesome figure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Love this post and name. Nice to see that we're all excited for an awesome figure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes truly. I really feel like the wait has paid off and I'm super happy we can all be excited about this.

I am so friggin excited for this. I may be in the minority in this regard, but I'm a huge fan of the laser effects and such, and a bunch of other stuff that the 1/4 doesn't come with, and I'm super happy to know I made the right decision. The color, proportions, base, effects, ultron sentry, light up functions, articulation, weight, stands and flaps all look absolutely on point. I've never been this excited to spend about [355 USD].

:goodpost:

Agreed entirely! :hi5: I've never been so excited for a figure. Hot Toys really nailed this one. :yess:

Based on all the photos I've seen so far, it looks like the shoulders can compress in a bit more to make them less gappy?

Based on all the photos I've seen so far, it looks like the shoulders can compress in a bit more to make them less gappy?

My only concern as well.... it doesn't look like it unfortunately.

Otherwise it's awesome. Guess I'll just try my best to not look at it straight on at eye level :lol

My only concern as well.... it doesn't look like it unfortunately.

Otherwise it's awesome. Guess I'll just try my best to not look at it straight on at eye level :lol

yeah, there's a small gap, but to my eye it's not all that noticeable, especially with the shoulders moved forward a tiny bit. it just looks so great otherwise that i don't really mind it.

5c7ab17a9d163acffed2d45b05d1e507_zpsnlyuopzn.jpg

13254767_10153532063162344_6279131557532759234_o_zpsrjgwsqjp.jpg

i'm so excited.

After watching Budget Stark's video, it looks like they replaced ab crunch with a flipping ab plate? Not sure if that's an improvement, might make for better torso twists in exchange for the less useful sitting poses perhaps.

After watching Budget Stark's video, it looks like they replaced ab crunch with a flipping ab plate? Not sure if that's an improvement, might make for better torso twists in exchange for the less useful sitting poses perhaps.

I might be mistaken, but I don't believe that's true. I was under the impression that the moving plate was just too assist the crunch. I think he just didn't demonstrate the crunch movement but I could easily be wrong.

yeah, there's a small gap, but to my eye it's not all that noticeable, especially with the shoulders moved forward a tiny bit. it just looks so great otherwise that i don't really mind it.

i'm so excited.

Yeah it's really all about the angles and at least having awareness of it. Unless you're looking at it dead on at eye level from the very front, it isn't too noticeable. But... I've spent years in school studying the human body (kinesiology) so stuff like that probably gets magnified in my mind more than most.

It just gets under my skin a little bit when I see pictures of the 42/43 in a museum pose where the shoulder barrel is pulled all the way out. I'm thinking "please just push the shoulder in!" :lol

Really hope there isn't a delay or the quality is differemt for the late bloomers. I didn't order him last year because I had wolverine in order and same with Deadpool. I wanted to wait for the coupon. Ordered in March wonder when I'll get him from sideshow:) illkeep on saying it but it was destined to be one of the best hot toys. Its a new body and the 300th mms from movie maniacs line.

I don't want to offend anyone who likes the mark 42/43 figure, because it's all about opinion, but when budget stark brought out out in his video to compare, it just showed me how amazing the 45 is and how much I truly dislike the 43.

Tbh I actually like the 43 in design, and I think the 1/4 43 looks absolutely fantastic, but there's something about the 1/6 scale version that just really bothers me. I think the biggest problems I have with it are the shoulders and the lifting waist flaps for articulation. Two things that were very well done on the XLV in my opinion.

I believe it's ab crunch with an extra pop out to assist in the landing pose. Basically a much better solution than what they had for the Mark 3 diecast. So excited that Hot Toys has added pretty much all the extra articulation they put on the 1/4 IM's to this guy. Excitement factor is at 11 right now, can't stop thinking about this paint app on the Hulkbuster... and the two of them together.... the long wait.... almost over. :woo

Back