1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, Hot Toys. The whole suit is much more accurate and well proportioned now. Which I'd like to think We helped to make happen.

The whole thing I had about the shoulders being stuck up too high seems to be fixed now, or it's just finally posed right, but I think I'll keep my preorder.

The crappy weathered paint job being missing is a plus.

crappy?.. how so?

So glad it's looking like they've ditched the weathering. The clean look really is best for this armour.

i totally disagree. the weathering adds another dimension, and makes it look more realistic.

i mean, his armors in the movies are pristine for all of like 2 seconds before they start getting scuffed up.. and then appear weathered for the rest of the movie.

i'd rather have a figure that is more accurate to the way it appeared on screen for a majority of the time than one that's accurate to only a few seconds of the film.

plus, if they were going with a more clean look, i'd prefer it be totally clean, not mostly clean with a scuff here and there. plus, when battle damaged pieces are included, they fit in WAY better when the overall figure looks worn in.

oh well, it still looks beautiful. (still wish it was weathered and had the prototype gauntlets)

Still, other than maybe the gauntlets, you can't deny that the final design's colouring on the legs, joints and waist is much more accurate, and the suit did look very shiny in many of the scenes it was in (which some people like, some don't)

I am overall very pleased with this result, especially considering I now have the Mark 7, and I am excited to see what this die-cast, shiny, evolved version of the suit looks like next to it.

I thought the initial prototype's gauntlets were way off and didn't care for them ... At least the current ones have some basis in the concept art. But the damned things look different in the movie depending on the scene it seems ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still, other than maybe the gauntlets, you can't deny that the final design's colouring on the legs, joints and waist is much more accurate, and the suit did look very shiny in many of the scenes it was in (which some people like, some don't)

I am overall very pleased with this result, especially considering I now have the Mark 7, and I am excited to see what this die-cast, shiny, evolved version of the suit looks like next to it.

What's wrong with the gauntlets? The gold trim? If that's all there is, there were some scenes in AoU where that gold trim is visible. It seems like the design really had it, but one of the VFX companies forgot to put it in or the design was changed later and some VFX companies forgot to remove it.

So given that, the gold trim is still movie accurate.

I could've gone with either look. The battle damage was nice though, but this cleaner look will also look amazing. I'm really liking the anodized gold. I'll always remember when he first landed in the church in this new suit and as he walked towards Ultron people going "ohhhhh!" :lol

This clean version definitely reminds me of that.

I don't find any problem with the gold trim. I just believe it could be argued as "innacurate," even though it isn't necessarily.

Trust me, this final design has all the shapes, colours and proportions that I want it to.

So glad it's looking like they've ditched the weathering. The clean look really is best for this armour.

Yeah. I have this on flex pay but I was never happy with the excessive weathering. I am glad they got rid of that. They can do separate battle damage one for the people who like that.

Yay no excessive weathering. They need to stop putting weathering on every iron man. Still if that is the final product or close to it then it will be great. I was hoping this to be my definitive red and gold iron man in my collection. I have mk43 but this guy is more impressive.

I keep looking at the 45 and 46. Back and forth trying to figure out which one I like more.
e1cb6e78b47c0503134877fedc5ab928.jpg

42e4a02c199a2d9c82868b04a122a66f.jpg

Ugh this figure looks great. I might have to store my MK43 and buy the 45 for my AoU display.

Back