1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13002466_10153476393837344_6591047033715104663_o.jpg

Not a huge fan of the base

The base looks like the one that came with Thor from Dark World, its nice looking but don't used it.

I was referring to these pictures. I saw them on instagram and was hoping maybe somebody knew where they were from.

Mk45.jpg

Mk45(2).jpg

But they definitely look different from any of the prototypes I remember seeing. Plus it has the updated gauntlet's and the grey inner elbow joints as well and knee joints.

On top of that, it also looks like the armor is completely clean as well.

I'm guessing Toy Fair, idk which one. Figure looks good though.
379153fd8155d26e987cb3f971bf8c7c.jpg

fbbb0e1f9f7b89118dc19ecafe9c4329.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That is not from toyfair actually. Those are from the Singapore premier of CW, at the marina sands. Going one this week.

image.jpeg

Thanks Motux. That's what I was trying to show but my screen captured pictures were much more blurry once posted. It's a pretty dramatic difference in terms of paint. The gold and red both look different, though maybe that's due to lighting. But I see no battle damage unlike what was previewed on pretty much all the prototypes I remember seeing.

What happened to the beautiful weathered paint job?.. That's one of the things that impressed me the most about this figure.. Where'd it go?

Thanks Motux. That's what I was trying to show but my screen captured pictures were much more blurry once posted. It's a pretty dramatic difference in terms of paint. The gold and red both look different, though maybe that's due to lighting. But I see no battle damage unlike what was previewed on pretty much all the prototypes I remember seeing.

You are welcome.

Yeah it's a pretty amazing figure. And the color pops. It's not just the lighting on this one. Though that obviously helps. The gold faceplate looks anodized, which would match the film.

Think I might still hold out for the 1/4 scale figure ... But it'll be hard to do so when the final pics for this drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome.

Yeah it's a pretty amazing figure. And the color pops. It's not just the lighting on this one. Though that obviously helps. The gold faceplate looks anodized, which would match the film.

So it looks like they went with his fresh into the church look.

Is it weird to see such a big difference between prototype and production figure? In my time lurking this site I've seen slight tweaks to headsculpts and outfits, but this looks like a completely different figure from the helmet, proportions, lack of weathering, and different paint app.

If so, I think that's pretty awesome for a company to make so many changes to improve a figure AFTER they've already got x amount of people to pre-order. Especially when so many people were happy with this figure "1 step" ago (at least from my personal feelings and judging off how people talked about it in posts).

Back