1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the trailer shown with Cap & Bucky going to town on Tony and Bucky practically ripping out the chest arc reactor, the MK46 looks likely to get pretty trashed. The same armor has never been fixed then re-used on screen in any IM/Avengers movie so far so it is a safe bet we'll be seeing a 2nd MK47 armor. Every movie has had at least 2 armors as well. So definitely safe assumptions here about a 2nd suit for CW.

Unless that scene where Cap and Bucky are pummelling Stark is the final act? That's what I assumed. Mind you, Iron Man never has only one suit in a film...

After the trailer shown with Cap & Bucky going to town on Tony and Bucky practically ripping out the chest arc reactor, the MK46 looks likely to get pretty trashed. The same armor has never been fixed then re-used on screen in any IM/Avengers movie so far so it is a safe bet we'll be seeing a 2nd MK47 armor. Every movie has had at least 2 armors as well. So definitely safe assumptions here about a 2nd suit for CW.

Ahem.

oDQvX44.jpg

lgWdDtW.jpg

To be brutally honest, I think the armour designs have been a series of diminishing returns past the Mk IV and Mk VI. I wish they would pick one and stick to it for longer than one film again, give it some room to breathe.

This is his first time in a Captain America movie so I wouldn't be surprised if it was different and he just had one armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the 46 but it will be a shame it'll be more than another year before we see the Hot Toys rendition.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ahem.

oDQvX44.jpg

lgWdDtW.jpg

To be brutally honest, I think the armour designs have been a series of diminishing returns past the Mk IV and Mk VI. I wish they would pick one and stick to it for longer than one film again, give it some room to breathe.

:lol ..... But those are 2 different movies, IM2 then Avengers. I meant same armor fixed on screen in same movie .. :pfft: .... :)

I do agree. I'm tired of different armor as well. My favorite is still the MK7. :yess:

Pretty sure we got a glimpse of his final armor in the trailers for the other movies ... I'm actually hoping the 46 is the only one in Civil War ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol ..... But those are 2 different movies, IM2 then Avengers. I meant same armor fixed on screen in same movie .. :pfft: .... :)

I do agree. I'm tired of different armor as well. My favorite is still the MK7. :yess:

Mk IV and Mk VI for me, great designs. That said I do like the 45 for bringing back a sleeker aesthetic. I'd probably have bought the Hot Toys version but the paint job is just too distressed for my liking.

Thinking about it, they could probably make a killing offering both 'clean' and 'battle-damaged' versions of each suit, I imagine half the IM collectors out there would buy both.

Mk IV and Mk VI for me, great designs. That said I do like the 45 for bringing back a sleeker aesthetic. I'd probably have bought the Hot Toys version but the paint job is just too distressed for my liking.

Thinking about it, they could probably make a killing offering both 'clean' and 'battle-damaged' versions of each suit, I imagine half the IM collectors out there would buy both.

I like the MKIV too and it's a die-cast re-release I'd be tempted to get. The MKVI is identical to MKIV except triangular arc reactor. I don't like it though because of the added silver accents. In my eyes Iron Man should be red & gold only (except Silver Centurion, my favorite comic armor as it was what was introduced in the comic line shortly after I started to really get into comics in the 80's). On the MKVII you can remove thigh & shoulder missile armor attachments, thus making him (almost) pure red & gold bliss... :clap

I like the MKIV too and it's a die-cast re-release I'd be tempted to get. The MKVI is identical to MKIV except triangular arc reactor. I don't like it though because of the added silver accents. In my eyes Iron Man should be red & gold only (except Silver Centurion, my favorite comic armor as it was what was introduced in the comic line shortly after I started to really get into comics in the 80's). On the MKVII you can remove thigh & shoulder missile armor attachments, thus making him (almost) pure red & gold bliss... :clap

Mk IV is my personal favourite for that exact reason, but I'm in the camp who like triangular arc reactors, so I give the Mk VI a pass despite the ugly gunmetal accents.

Never was a huge fan of the Mk VII, but the main thing that put me off the Hot Toys figure is the rubber elbows. I'd definitely be down for Diecast IV and VI suits, and even VII if they fixed the elbows.

Also Hot Toys did an absolutely stellar job on the Silver Centurion suit, I'm amazed it wasn't a better seller.

I actually like the VI. It's my favorite. 2nd place is a tie between the VII and XLIII. The XLV comes 3rd.

:exactly: It never worked to begin with!!! IM3 was terrible. It was a Stark, Tony Stark (as in James Bond) movie. :lol Didn't feel like an Iron Man movie at all.

I second that. It was a good Tony Stark movie, not a good Iron Man film. :rotfl I also feel like it was banking too much on the first Avengers film with some forced humor in it. Actually, much of Phase 2 had too much forced humor moments in it with the exception of WS, which is why I think many liked it,

Iron Man 3 is actually underrated in my opinion. I liked that it took a different approach to a superhero film by showing that Stark could be heroic without the armor.

People seem to rose tintedly forget that Tony Stark didn't exactly spend much time in Iron Man suits in the first two movies either.. :dunno

My main gripe was the last act was just a show-piece for all his other armours. An amazing eventual fantastic cash grab for Hot Toys though.

People seem to rose tintedly forget that Tony Stark didn't exactly spend much time in Iron Man suits in the first two movies either.. :dunno

My main gripe was the last act was just a show-piece for all his other armours. An amazing eventual fantastic cash grab for Hot Toys though.

Except that in IM3, he was in his suit the least of all of the films. His suits even fought without him in them. Not to mention, this is the only IM film where the suit was nothing more than a running gag. At the end of the movie, his army of suits were nothing more than cannon fodder. Where something like the Mk VI can survive a fight against Thor and get squished within the spinning turbine of a Helicarrier, the IM3 suits were mostly destroyed by nameless, forgettable henchmen.

All the other films had the suits as the powerful tech marvels they were.

So yeah I stand by my opinion that while it was a good and entertaining Tony Stark movie, it wasn't a good Iron Man film for me. :)

Back