1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint is weird on this armor for sure. It's like HTs needs to flat coat the red then add a layer of gloss top coat on it.

The red paint on the Mark XLV is just all wrong because it should look like this: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/a38f/652dbsf8bl6ihrgzg.jpg

It's wrong compared to THAT single screen grab. I can post photos of ten other screen grabs where it looks COMPLETELY different. Drives me nuts that people pick one scene that supports their argument and ignore everything else, like becuase they prefer it that way everything else is wrong. When it's all from the same film. It's all right.

As for they way it looks...or how to do it...it's anodized. That's how to achieve that sorta metallic red color.

It's wrong compared to THAT single screen grab. I can post photos of ten other screen grabs where it looks COMPLETELY different. Drives me nuts that people pick one scene that supports their argument and ignore everything else, like becuase they prefer it that way everything else is wrong. When it's all from the same film. It's all right.

As for they way it looks...or how to do it...it's anodized. That's how to achieve that sorta metallic red color.

Comicave Studios 1/4 Iron Man Mark XLV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa_wgN5bdA

And god damn I will rob a bank to be able to buy that fig.

Comicave Studios 1/4 Iron Man Mark XLV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fa_wgN5bdA

And god damn I will rob a bank to be able to buy that fig.

I'm not sure what your point is, since you quoted my response. I said that other versions (shf, hot toys..ect) don't have the exact paint as it appears in that single screen grab (or scene), becuase you said they where "wrong"..but if they match other scenes..and it does..then it's not wrong. It's just a match to a different scene. It would be impossible to match the appearance of any costume or suit from every second of every film. Without doing 50 or so figures of the same one with slight variations based on digital(and which studio did that particular scene as often multiples work on a film and suit...) vs practical (with variations for stunt and hero and bd and adjustments and back up suits and repaints ect) vs blended (partial practical suit on the actor and the rest done digitally) and then to account for lighting...there's so many different shades and finishes and appearance of every suit. Saying a company got it wrong based on one scene is just silly.

As for the CMC version. It does look great. Never said it didn't. Problem is the company making it. They previewed like 12 1/4 scale iron man figures two or three years ago and have thus far released 2, and those where in very limited numbers. And both releases have had a pretty bad QC history. Given that it will cost 20-30(or more percent more then hot toys) it would have to be near perfect to be a success. And factor in nearly no a customer service for most people..as its a region specific release and can't technically be sold to any area hot toys has ...that's a lot of risk for a company that has no credibility. And we have no idea if the final paint will look like the 1 off proto they made for PR for a movie premiere.

b7ed9c3bjw1euctbeiqy3j20k00qodjb.jpg

I'll take HT's 1/4 XLV over CMC's any day!

Back