1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. :)

She kind of rounds out the AoU line for me. I have almost everyone except her,
and Ultron Prime and Hulkbuster on PO. Ignored Iron Legion and Ultron Mark 1, just
because I did not care for either design all that much.

Hoping that AoU Scarlet Witch will come in the same packaging,
but with being an exclusive… who knows.

I got mine at full retail as well, but I have no regrets because that means I obviously felt the figure was worth that much to me, so I might as well enjoy it. The price of figures is however much you're willing to pay for them. Some figures, even at retail price aren't worth that much to me. Not necessarily "worth" in the sense that it's poorly made, but in the sense that I don't want it bad enough to have at that price.

I just got Hill for $160. But she comes with a cigarette smell. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it?

That's why she was $160.

Great price....I picked her up when she first came out for full retail because I couldn't risk her selling out and honestly don't regret it. Still one of my favorite figures.

I got her at full retail on first day, no regrets either. Now I am waiting for Director Fury to join Deputy Director Hill!

Congrats! :clap I kinda regret getting her at full price, but what's done is done. She's a great figure. :)

I got mine at full retail as well, but I have no regrets because that means I obviously felt the figure was worth that much to me, so I might as well enjoy it. The price of figures is however much you're willing to pay for them. Some figures, even at retail price aren't worth that much to me. Not necessarily "worth" in the sense that it's poorly made, but in the sense that I don't want it bad enough to have at that price.

I also got her at full price, well with a $20 coupon. I was afraid she'd sell out also. To me those who buy a figure at full price are those who really want the figure. Those who wait for a discount (at risk of selling out) or a cheap one on Ebay don't really want it, they like the price. For example if first version Scarlet Witch was half price, I wouldn't get it. Also if you wait for Ebay for some of these figures the prices are insanely jacked up.

That's why she was $160.

I also got her at full price, well with a $20 coupon. I was afraid she'd sell out also. To me those who buy a figure at full price are those who really want the figure. Those who wait for a discount (at risk of selling out) or a cheap one on Ebay don't really want it, they like the price. For example if first version Scarlet Witch was half price, I wouldn't get it. Also if you wait for Ebay for some of these figures the prices are insanely jacked up.
I really want it but the perceived value isn't there for me so I'm waiting for a discounted one. I think the difference may be impatience vs. frugality, especially with modern Marvel Hot Toys since they'll most likely hang around.

That's true. For me personally, it comes down to being as simple as how much something is worth to you. Whether that be less than retail, retail, or above retail. It all comes down to how much you want it and how much you're willing to pay for it. There's some figures that I like and think would be cool to have, but I don't want them bad enough to pay even retail. There's some that I would pay more than retail for with after market prices, but no more than a certain price. And then the ones I know that I want no matter what, I waste no time purchasing them at retail when they go up for PO because they are worth at least retail to me.

For me, for this one, since I have been waiting for her since 2012, I was willing to pay retail or below retail. Still not above retail. I think give this a couple of years, she will get above retail for sure...BTW, is she in CW?

The smoke smell was faint and was gone in like three days. I did want it but it wasn't in my brain to get until recently. If you're not afraid of looking/waiting you can get good prices. It's how I got most of my figures.

I really want it but the perceived value isn't there for me so I'm waiting for a discounted one. I think the difference may be impatience vs. frugality, especially with modern Marvel Hot Toys since they'll most likely hang around.

I wouldn't call it impatience. Maria Hill is a TF exclusive, so when she went up for pre-order I ordered. I really wanted the figure, most likely the only version we will get, and didn't want to risk losing out since she's an exclusive. Any exclusive that I want I go for right away. Look at a number of previous exclusives. If you didn't jump on the pre-order thinking you can wait for a discount you lose. Now regular releases, yes you can wait. But even then you have to be careful. Look at AOU Captain America, Dark Knight Joker, Avengers Hawkeye.

I got two. I have wanted Hill since they announced Coulson.
I didn't want to take a risk she would sell out, but would still have bought two, even if had magically known she would still be for sale now.
Although i haven't opened them yet, the grand unveiling of the Hill figure(and many others) will be coming soon, lol.

I just wanted to point out the recent promo editions of Cap and Scarlet Witch. People that bought them right away weren't impatient. They didn't want to lose out. And look, they are now waitlisted after less than 24 hours after they went up. So if you were waiting for them to be discounted or on Ebay, well... Not to mention the prices will be high on Ebay.

I am really debating getting her. I have Fury on the way so they'd look great together I think but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

I am really debating getting her. I have Fury on the way so they'd look great together I think but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

same here, been putting it off but i'm guessing this is the only chance we'll get of owning a maria hill figure. wonder how long till she sells out?

You'd think it wouldn't be too much longer but they are still offering the $21 off with purchase of any other Marvel fig so I'm guessing they've got plenty left. Still I think you are right and this will be the only fig of her. Decisions...

I keep seeing the deal pop up for her when I have another Marvel character in my cart. Sort of tempted to get her as she'd look good alongside Fury who I plan to get.

I keep seeing the deal pop up for her when I have another Marvel character in my cart. Sort of tempted to get her as she'd look good alongside Fury who I plan to get.

If you use the $20 coupon on Fury, you can still get the $22 discount with Maria Hill in the same order. One of the few instances of discounts that stack.

You'd think it wouldn't be too much longer but they are still offering the $21 off with purchase of any other Marvel fig so I'm guessing they've got plenty left. Still I think you are right and this will be the only fig of her. Decisions...

Every time i check out with another purchase, they offer me that deal, but it's one per customer, and i already bought one from them, lol.

The weather was nice today so took her outside for some pics.

2yU6WOQ.jpg

tEUa2Ym.jpg

ddRBE5t.jpg

Back