1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Scarlet Witch and they threw in the Maria Hill for $198 and paid $20 shipping. Each figure is $10 each for US shipping. And they were both in 1 SS mailing box. When I opened, no shipper for Maria Hill. I contacted SS and their statement is "the shipper is not part of the collectible." So they won't send me a shipper which would actually cost them nothing to send cause it would be an empty box anyhow. This is the kind of crap that sometimes they will do with no explanation of why my order contained no shipper and they won't bother to make right. :(

It would in fact cost them something. Shipping is not actually a free service.

And I don't see people shouting from the roof tops when sideshow sends replacement parts for free that cost hundreds of dollars. Like an arm of torso, even full figure. A head. Stand. But sure, let's slam them because you didn't get a box

And I don't see people shouting from the roof tops when sideshow sends replacement parts for free that cost hundreds of dollars. Like an arm of torso, even full figure. A head. Stand. But sure, let's slam them because you didn't get a box

Aren't they sending those parts to replace ones that came damaged or defective? Isn't it cheaper to send replacement parts than to pay for return shipping and issue a full refund?

And why are you slamming me because I'm saying I got a Maria Hill with no shipper box? And yes, it's a shipper box and I'm being so petty! If you like being short-changed from getting everything that comes with an order by SS, then that's your problem. Better yet, if you don't care about a shipper box, then send me your shipper box since it's no big deal for you. That's the purpose of this forum to praise and complain about stuff that as a collector you might have to face. Now ahead, write another unflattering comment if you need to.

I've had several of my figures come without the shipper box. I can't remember if Sideshow ever sent one that wasn't in the shipper, but both my old Thors came from Hong Kong without a shipper, and at least one has from Mighty Ape. No big deal. The only thing I like about keeping them is they do protect the art box while in storage.

If you want "perfect mint MISB" packaging, then I find Popcultcha the most reliable as they attach all postage labelling on top of bubble wrap, so not only is your shipper better protected, there are no stickers.

And why are you slamming me because I'm saying I got a Maria Hill with no shipper box? And yes, it's a shipper box and I'm being so petty! If you like being short-changed from getting everything that comes with an order by SS, then that's your problem. Better yet, if you don't care about a shipper box, then send me your shipper box since it's no big deal for you. That's the purpose of this forum to praise and complain about stuff that as a collector you might have to face. Now ahead, write another unflattering comment if you need to.

The point of a shipper box is to ship the figure without damage. If they shipped it in a box and it arrived undamaged then you are good, you did not get shortchanged.

Sideshow has done that to me in the past . Same with gohastings . It bothers me but I just bum some shippers off my friend who throws out the boxes occasionally

You'll rarely run into collectors who want the "complete " set if you ever decide to sell it . I happen to be one of those collectors that's wants it complete with shipper, he'll even the bag .

Sideshow has done that to me in the past . Same with gohastings . It bothers me but I just bum some shippers off my friend who throws out the boxes occasionally

You'll rarely run into collectors who want the "complete " set if you ever decide to sell it . I happen to be one of those collectors that's wants it complete with shipper, he'll even the bag .

I got a modest collection of about 60+ hot toys figures and I'm used to getting them INSIDE a shipper and I'm not 1 of those collectors that like change. Send them to me with the shipper and I wouldn't have to be complaining about it here. And as far as being short-changed or not, that's a matter of an individual's opinion.

Last edited:
Agent Hill: Stand down, Natasha.
Black Widow: You stand down, How I met your mother comedy, girl.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 169
I got a modest collection of about 60+ hot toys figures and I'm used to getting them INSIDE a shipper and I'm not 1 of those collectors that like change. Send them to me with the shipper and I wouldn't have to be complaining about it here. And as far as being short-changed or not, that's a matter of an individual's opinion.
That's modest LOL I wonder what my 25 fig collection would be considered

The point of a shipper box is to ship the figure without damage. If they shipped it in a box and it arrived undamaged then you are good, you did not get shortchanged.

The shipper is part of the value of the figure though, like it or not. Reselling in the future you will get less for a figure without a shipper than one with one, all other things being equal. It might just be 10 bucks, but it is something.

That's why I pursued getting a new leg for my 1/4 scale Mark 43 as its internal blue lights did not work. It is a feature I will realistically probably never use again, but it is part of the value of the figure I paid for, and should I ever need to part with it there'd be a ding in the value selling a figure with defective parts.

Depends on where you get it from, Budget Stark talked about how some do not come with a shipper in HK in this video a couple years ago. I just never think about a shipper as part of the figure as i have gotten a few brand new from venders without it and HT never puts it in the specs.

I sold a figure a month ago without the shipper and it sold for the same or more as any i have seen listed with a shipper. I did not lose anything not including it and the buyer did not care.

https://youtu.be/I5hdoYpPP6w

Not saying it's wrong to want to have the shipper just saying HT does not think of the shipper as an important item. More like the plastic seat covers on a new car.

Last edited:
Aren't they sending those parts to replace ones that came damaged or defective? Isn't it cheaper to send replacement parts than to pay for return shipping and issue a full refund?

No, it's not always something that came damaged or defective. It's often items broken by the customer. I can think of a couple cases off hand from this forum. In the Aou hulk section a guy requested a replacement for his broken torso because it didn't seem to work. He said it did work out of the box and he then used to much force and it broke. Except after they sent the replacement he noticed it wasn't broken. So he got a replacement for a part that wasn't broken at all. And in the mk3 DC section (I think it was the stealth one but not 100%) a guy requested a replacement due to the torso being floppy. He posted on the forum what the issue was and it also was not actually broken, but due to not understanding or reading the directions and knowing all he had to do to fix it was push the button on the torso that locked it into upright stance. To fix it would have required a full torso. Both issues would be for parts that are 100 bucks ish. And sideshow pays the shipping. That's just two examples. There's many others just from the last year on this site.

It's not actually cheaper that way. They can refund when an item is return and just resell it with replaced part. If it was a small piece it may be cheaper, I suppose. But it's not usually a small piece. Like with a full hulk torso, or full figure like when things like dofp Logan has a tear in the costume (non removable). And even though people are supposed to destroy the defective items you can skim this site and see they often get sold off by people. So the person paid retail at sideshow. Got a replacement part shipped for free. And sold said part. All while sideshow got nothing extra out of the deal. I'm not saying everyone or even a high percentage do this. But when you look at the customer service sideshow offers, the options for payment, the rewards points they help customers a ton more then required.

It's not better or cheaper business for them to offer that service. Just think about he numbers. If they end up replacing 10 full figures worth of parts (or equal) per 1000 units sold (which would actually be an unrealistically low failure rate) they would be giving away thousands of dollars for every unique figure release. (200 dollar figure times 10 units is 2000 dollars). If it's a figure like hulk or 1/4 scale mk43....anyway it's a ton of money they would lose. And they have no actual obligation to do so. Offer a return at buyers expense is all they have to do for factory defective parts. Not if someone accidentally breaks something or anything like that. Which they do cover now.

And they charge nothing for flex pay. Not a dime. Yes it helps them sell more. But they could do the same thing and charge a fee and get that same benefit. They don't have to offer rewards points. And they do. And they can add up to large sums.

Last edited:
I just got Hill for $160. But she comes with a cigarette smell. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it?

I just got Hill for $160. But she comes with a cigarette smell. Does anyone know a way to get rid of it?

Sandwich her between 2 dryer sheets and put her in a sealable plastic bag and try to remove as much air as possible. The dryer sheets should absorb the odor. Leave her in the bag for a couple of days. After a couple of days see if the odor is gone, if not try again with some new sheets.

Back