1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blade3327
why?
pumpkinhead is a doom-styled flesh demon and looks as it should be. (of course it's the other way around - doom monsters are flesh-demon styled).

bestiary.png

and alien was another thing until guys without imagination spoiled him. same with modern blizzard designs: they make everything look the same.

starcraft-zerg_00293588.jpg

Last edited:
044712xi1vevhuqn1ua77l.jpg

This AVP Elder does really give me a mix feeling,the face sculpt is actually quite match the movie,but the shape of forehead seem kind of edema some of the pics do some are not.

m92FJAwH37diAXLBOmUOR_g.jpg

Might do some little homework to make that,this may help.
But he doesn't actually show up that appearance in movie right?I'm recall all he does is holding helmet whole time.

Couple more pics from China Toy Fair.

elder9_n.jpg

elder45886627192_n.jpg

He does hold it in that scene so i guess it is a trivial thing and like u said blu tac can remedy that if need be. I'm just glad his mask has clear eyes, the 1st EVER ht predator mask without black eyes.

Great-looking sculpt and fairly accurate, too. But that is one ugly-*** Predator design. :lol

Wow, the color of the dreads on this figure are perfect! I would like to see the cape more spaced out on the shoulders and the sculpt could be better, but the bio helmet is spot on and I think it's a pretty good representation of the character.

Yep he is a nice looking Predator figure but he is probably one of my least favourite Predators, which is typical cause HT make my least favourite Preds looks better than my favs. :gah:

Just hated that whole scene when he shows up, trying to cheapen the P2 scene.

100% my friend. Paul W. S. Anderson should be head-butted repeatedly.
there was a link in Neca aliens thread - two queens are compared with Cameron and Anderson comments. you should check how Anderson tries to make fun of Cameron's design several times.

there was a link in Neca aliens thread - two queens are compared with Cameron and Anderson comments. you should check how Anderson tries to make fun of Cameron's design several times.

I'm going to check that out.

This has surprised me a little cause his hate/disgust for the Predator is evident (Predator pussies, fat Predators, stuff he has said regarding the original design) so to hear him have a go at the original Queen is a real eye opener but then again maybe not after all the man is a turd. What a miserable twat. :monkey4

I'm going to check that out.
yeah, check it out:

AlienQueen

and here is the article The Queen about why Cameron did this or that with the design (Alien queen, as well as the terminator endoskeleton, is his own design, but while terminator was done just to fit Schwarzenegger of eighties, from that article i found out that the queen was made to fit Giger's drawings and style).

"[Cameron's] design had high heels. Here she's not wearing flatties, but they're not as pronounced. You know, she's fashionable, and big heels were only fashionable in the 80s!" - Paul Anderson (Empire mag)
"get lost, Cameron, i didn't understand anything you took into consideration, i like my dinosaurs, they are modern and you are obsolete".

Ha, I remember he slagged off the original Predator design also something like, 'you can tell it's a man dressed in a rubber suit with a hair dryer on his shoulder' what a tool.

Interesting read that P. and this bit stands out -

He wanted her as big as he thought/imagined she was when he was young watching the movie. The AVP Queen was colossal. But the size of the Queen in ALIENS was carefully calculated, based on real biology and how much bigger queens are than the regular workers/warriors

I can see were P W.S. Anderson was coming from here as the original Queen seemed massive when you watched it as a kid and the second part that I highlighted is what I call doing your homework correctly.

Back