1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this display from Jenkin Wong...

jenkin wong vid 8-29-18.jpg

Peg is molded into the the collar. No go unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There is a circular adapter underneath it that can be changed out. They sell them on eBay.
Since this neck adapter is only sold in this length you have to do is cut it in the middle add spacers in the middle and re-glue it. Thus making it longer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
75dd36b9770a79167ee662c2bbb977b2.jpg

ESB Vader finds your lack of faith disturbing.

542d1ec44fdde5265d681ca32771e869.jpg

756cde73310fae1f7853f4d7c1d7e564.jpg

8b5c94acb16a9aad67b768794b243581.jpg

I’m in a hurry and need to get to work. That’s out of the box with 15 minutes of rapid futzing.

It’s a great figure, and I’m glad I waited.

Head tilts down more than you may think. Shoulder armour attaches to the front via a square of Velcro.

Cape is nice, hands are a pain to swap but gentle persuasion works fine. Belt is finicky, switch box for batteries is an annoying futzing obstacle.

Helmet attaches just fine, but will come off so articulate/futz first, helmet last.

It’s only been 30 minutes but I really like it.

As always, pardon the crap iPhone shots, no time to set up my DSLR and proper lighting.

The thing that pisses me off is the body. The hips aren’t square enough under there, creating a sharp angle where the legs meet the pelvic area, which makes it harder to create a natural posture. That said, I’ll work around it.

The thing that pisses me off is the body. The hips aren’t square enough under there, creating a sharp angle where the legs meet the pelvic area, which makes it harder to create a natural posture. That said, I’ll work around it.

Why not remove his fat suit ? I think that’s the way to go . He belt for the cod piece is really tight on mine.

Why not remove his fat suit ? I think that’s the way to go . He belt for the cod piece is really tight on mine.

I may experiment with that, but padding is not the issue.

The original stormtrooper TrueType they used had a similar hip structure. Corrected in the Luke and Han disguise-stormies. The actual hips need to be wider or the legs need to connect at a shallower angle.

Given the layers of tunic and cloak it won’t be a huge deal, as the narrow hips will be masked and the posture can then be cheated.

Anybody think his upper chest is too flat. Dave Prowes had a big chest . RO vader comes with a padded chest suit. This Vader doesn’t . mmm

Anybody think his upper chest is too flat. Dave Prowes had a big chest . RO vader comes with a padded chest suit. This Vader doesn’t . mmm

Could be beefier, but you can fake it.

No, Timewalker. Giving them a go based on feedback.

Ah, right. They have a good rep.

I avoid Sideshow these days due to high duty fees and shipping, but I had a few bucks in rewards so it was worth pulling the trigger with them.

Back