1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESB Vader finds your lack of faith disturbing.

542d1ec44fdde5265d681ca32771e869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be honest: this is the best picture of this new Vader I have seen. All HT figures take some amount of futzing, and your skills for such a short amount of time are incredible.

Just unboxed him very quickly. I love it, awesome figure. In hand it is great. I’m sure there are nitpicks and inaccuracies, but put in a detolf with minimal futzing, it is striking.
The base is cool and big and I will have to rearrange my shelves to spotlight him. I only have the dx ss and anh v1, but this is a great Vader. My helmet stays in pretty well.

Anyone have a trick with the gloves? I can’t get the left hand to stay on?

Sounds like it’s not seated on the peg, maybe. I gently twisted it back and forth with light but steady pressure until I felt it stick.

Takes some care, you don’t want to bend or snap the peg.

Anyone have a trick with the gloves? I can’t get the left hand to stay on?

I also have this concerned. But V2 should fix this, I believe the peg is too short. Deadpool had a similar issue where it was rubbing , but V2 shipped with different pegs.

I will be honest: this is the best picture of this new Vader I have seen. All HT figures take some amount of futzing, and your skills for such a short amount of time are incredible.

LOL ... thank you! It might be quick but there are untold nerd-hours behind it all. ;)

Nice job with the belt as well. Not only is it dropped at about the correct length, but it also has the messy look that it had in some scenes.

empire-contre-attaque-80-25-g.jpg

So I have mine on preorder from BBTS. As far as I know, they're not shipping any out yet. If there are multiple batches of a figure, do they usually get one of the later batches? If hot toys makes any tweaks to this guy between production runs, I'd be very happy to get one of the later run figures that is improved (again, assuming that actually happens).

Just got my vader and was wondering if anybody's helmet looks like mine. Don't know if this is Intentional by hot toys or if it's a QC issue.
View attachment 424619

Is this just on this side or both?

I don't have mine yet but that small white circle half way up the tusk tube seems to show in a lot of other member's pictures as well, is that just light reflecting off the formed part?

ZE-501's photos are great! I think one of the big things he did to help the look was fix the cape so it sits on his shoulders better. Most of the photos I've been seeing has the cape puffy up by his neck which throws off his whole silhouette.

No way to tell with the new BBTS... but its still a wee bit early for US retailers to be shipping this out, isn't it?

I dunno. I thought people who ordered thru sideshow were starting to get them? I assumed they get the first shipments and then other retailers would follow.

Going to pick up my Vader today from my local shop here. They got it in yesterday, so retailers in the US are getting them in.

Back