1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bet!..we're gonna get an improved 2.0 ESB Vader w/General Veers pack. Same as they did with the Vader/Tarkin set. But the only way to get the proper Empire Vader is buying the 2-pack, and the only way to get Veers w/the AT-AT Commander accessories will be the single release 🤣

All the non-lucky ones that don't get those loose parts from TA are gonna end up having two of each.

I've cancelled mine. Having work done to the house and could really do without the expense. And if I'm honest to myself, I would really like a HT Vader with a Sebastian Shaw head sculpt. I'm willing to wait it out for the inevitable ROTJ version. Plus with Jedi Luke being my only figure, it'd bug me for continuities sake having Empire Darth with Jedi Luke.

Ah well.

It is there's a chunky wire that goes from the battery pack under the suit to the chestbox, the belt is very tight and with the wire going from the battery pack makes it very hard to move down, i have tried.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is the belt not attached with velcro? Bit of a shame if it can't be moved..

Some quick, straight out of the box, zero futzing pictures (not phone pics). Honestly, on display it looks great. Yes the helmet isn't perfect and the chest box is larger than it should be, but it has real presence.

IMG_9451.jpg

IMG_9453.jpg

IMG_9455.jpg

Honestly, I think once the belt and cod are moved down proper, this will look much better. I think that’s the one thing that really bothers me most. I wonder if the tusks can be reworked a bit? The helmet isn’t perfect, but I think it’s close to ESB proportions from comparison pics.

I really wanna wait until my payment plan is done, but I almost wanna pay it off just to have in hand and begin messing with him lol.

Is the belt not attached with velcro? Bit of a shame if it can't be moved..
It's not velcro it's a peg and hole so has to be tight i cannot move it down and can't attach it lower just feels like i will rip it.

It's not velcro it's a peg and hole so has to be tight i cannot move it down and can't attach it lower just feels like i will rip it.

Yes, right pain to get it back into the hole once undone. I was afraid of breaking something.

I'm still looking forward to it. Probably one of the few....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He still looks really squished to me....

Think I am gonna stay with the SS Deluxe for now....wait for the ROTJ version and attempt the bash with all the versions available for parts.

They are all pretty good general representations for the layman. I just don’t see enough to make this the definitive figure?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

After a decent nights sleep the figure looks really good - few inaccuracies aside - I can live with the seam lines and slightly down turned tusks, might try to heat up the helmet to reduce some flair. Face/snout is a bit stubby but I think that’s when compared to the other larger/all other Vaders. The downsizing of this guy “compromises” many of the aspects and details we are used to on Vader in the 1/6 scale. Belt can be futzed down and is attached the same way as ANH V1.

I have v1 ANH. Will try and take some comparison pics later. The sculpts look very different at first glance.

I appreciate the discussion, I am still waiting until I have him in my hands before determining if I will keep him. It’s hard to think that the SS version (which I have) is a better figure without looking at them both together. I have a much easier time keeping ANH v2 at the top of list.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread while on vacation this week. The downward spiral into madness is akin to Heart of Darkness. Ha-ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back