1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, given the fact that the Vader in this promo image for the Luke figure has a ROTJ chest box instead of the ESB one, I'm wondering if Hot Toys would bother building a chest box just for the Luke photos. Two questions for everyone here: 1.) Is that something Hot Toys would do (or have done in the past)? and 2.) Can anyone tell if the rest of the figure (most importantly, the helmet) is the same as the ESB Vader? I'm assuming it is, but kinda hoping it isn't so that the (first) HT ROTJ Vader is further along already. The tunic looks different, but that could just be a placement thing affecting the pleating.

star-wars-luke-skywalker-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903109-18.jpg

Put in my PO with BBTS. I’m happy to wait a year. But that’s because I need the time to save up for it. Gotta find more old stuff to sell on eBay...

Looks like I’ll finally be parting with my old SS ANH Vader. It’s had a good run (will be almost a decade by the time I sell it). I’ve wanted a HT Vader for a long time and this one just looks too good to pass up.

I wasn’t sure if I’d go for the ESB version when it inevitably came. It was my favorite Vader suit for a long time, but in college in the early 2000’s I gravitated to the more battle worn, utilitarian, and fiercer look of the ANH suit. And ANH has been my favorite look for over a decade now. But I still love the ESB look too. And while ANH may still have the best costume, ESB is easily the best overall rendition of the character himself with the best lightsaber fight ever (honorable mention to Rogue One!). Plus I’ve got an awesome 6 inch ANH Vader (who’d have thought Hasbro could do it?) and I’ve got my personal grail: the ANH eFx PCR Vader helmet. So I think it’s time to spread the love around and have an ESB representation on the shelf again.

And I just realized this will be my first Hot Toys. I’ve only got a very small group of 1/6 figures that act as a centerpiece to my collection. The last 1/6 I bought was the Desert Sands deluxe Sandtrooper from Sideshow.

Can’t wait!

in the early 2000’s I gravitated to the more battle worn, utilitarian, and fiercer look of the ANH suit. And ANH has been my favorite look for over a decade now. But I still love the ESB look too. And while ANH may still have the best costume, ESB is easily the best overall rendition of the character himself with the best lightsaber fight ever (honorable mention to Rogue One!).

Good taste.

I'm only a casual StarWars fan. I loved them as a kid without a doubt. Interested in a Vader but want one thats a prime example of the character. Can this be considered the ultimate hot toys vader so far and do you think the rotj version will outdo it?

I'm only a casual StarWars fan. I loved them as a kid without a doubt. Interested in a Vader but want one thats a prime example of the character. Can this be considered the ultimate hot toys vader so far and do you think the rotj version will outdo it?

Do you want to see Vader's face under the mask?

If not, this is the one to get.

If so, wait for ROTJ.

That's what I'm thinking now. Thanks Wor. I'm hoping hot toys will do C3PO and R2 soon too. I'm still trying to figure out which Chewie is the best. I like the "creatures" more than the humans I guess. lol

A true Vader connoisseur would have:

ANH Vader
ESB Vader
ROTJ Vader
ROTS Vader
RO Vader

Only all 5 would make you complete.

But then the true Completist would have on display:

ANH Vader
ESB Vader
ESB Vader with reveal head
ROTJ Vader
ROTJ Vader with reveal face
ROTJ Vader with chopped off hand
ROTS Vader
ROTS Vader with reveal face (Hayden)
RO Vader
RO "Bathing" Vader

Already have the Rogue One Vader....whats the different of the outfit?

Right now I only want one Vader for my collection, and while I sligtly prefer the chest plate on the ESB Vader, I think on reflection I'm going to go with the ANH Vader from the two pack with Tarkin. It represents Vader's first big screen appearance, the two pack is thirty two bucks cheaper than buying ESB Vader and Tarkin separately, plus I get an interrogator droid as well, and I'm also a tad nervous about just how well the reveal helmet will be done of the production version of ESB Vader, whether everything will seat well and be properly aligned, and won't be either too tight or too loose, or cause paint rubs or scuffing.

Plus, if I change my mind and do feel the need for a second Vader down the line, then the inevitable RotJ Vader would probably offer the biggest differences and widest contrast to the ANH Vader, as well as, more than likely, a full reveal head sculpt, along with possible other minor improvements, as each successive version of oft made characters seems to have. All of which might make having another Vader easier to self-justify in a few years down the track.

Still, happy for all you folks that have always specifically wanted the ESB Vader, hope it turns out perfectly for you all.

I thought the RO Vader was rather meh looking, this one looks better so far to me not sure what it is though. Maybe it's the fact the RO is based off the 1st film vader with the tunic tucked under his robes. I think i prefer ESB with the robe and tunic over the armor look better. Also the body suit and gloves on RO vader didn't look as nice to me either.

Already have the Rogue One Vader....whats the different of the outfit?

Between the movie costumes or the HT figures? If the costume, this touches on a few items (and a few of these also relate to the HT figures. Those are marked with *):

Different gloves*
Different chest box*
Different helmet dome
Different mask*
Different body suit*
Different pectoral armor*
Different belt/buckle*
Different belt boxes"
Different cod piece*
Different robes*
And the beat goes on.... others will undoubtedly add to the list

Back