1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Can not have too many Vaders in one's Star Wars collection. Add me to the list of buyers who will get the eventual RotJ version too

When I got the pre-order email today, I abandoned a work email mid-sentence and picked up my phone and PO'd instantly. I've also got the ANH Vader & Tarkin on PO. But I'll never get rid of my SS Deluxe. I've even kept my SS ANH. Both have some mods and won't do that well on the secondary market with the HT versions revealed. I've decided that one can't have too many Vaders, and the challenge is to find poses for the weaker figures that minimize their flaws.

Took a dremel to SS Deluxe to get an ab crunch and swapped the "got my pants on backwards" outfit for the ANH suit:

View attachment 379757

Here's a good pose for the SS ANH :lol

View attachment 379759

Just kidding, it's OK from some angles with a helmet adjustment and custom cape:

View attachment 379760

You're right, I'll probably hold on to him (or gift him to one of my friends who can't afford 1/6th figures) as he was my first 1/6 SW figure. I like the mods you did, VERY well done. I managed to fix the whole "pants backward" issue with a simple mod that didn't require any swaps. I simply removed his boots, pulled down both pant legs until there was no more "baggy crotch", then trimmed the excess off and CA'd the new bottom of the pants to the bottom of the figure's legs. Worked great and made a big difference in his appearance!

I’m getting this and if HT releases a ROTJ one I’ll be getting that. Best of both worlds for me

That's a better price than I expected. Gonna pass on it, but for the Jedi release, Hot Toys should do a battle-damaged Vader with dusty armor -- and of course the full reveal WITH eyebrows!

(I'm a purist.)

Yikes! That was only about 14 hours. People really want this Vader. I would've been pissed if i had been without my phone yesterday and missed the preorder. But I suppose SS still has it.

Would you recommend KGHobby?

I have to pay customs + shipping if I buy from sideshow. Assuming shipping would be 40 USD as usual, 267 + 53.4 (%20 Customs) + 40 (Shipping) - 13.35 (Reward Point) = Roughly 350 USD. If I order from KGHobby, figure is 230 USD + 40 (Assuming shipping) + 46 (Assuming they do not write lower value for customs) = Roughly 316 USD.

Does anyone now whether they write lower value for customs?

Would you recommend KGHobby?

I have to pay customs + shipping if I buy from sideshow. Assuming shipping would be 40 USD as usual, 267 + 53.4 (%20 Customs) + 40 (Shipping) - 13.35 (Reward Point) = Roughly 350 USD. If I order from KGHobby, figure is 230 USD + 40 (Assuming shipping) + 46 (Assuming they do not write lower value for customs) = Roughly 316 USD.

Does anyone now whether they write lower value for customs?

There's 20% on the shipping as well, so that's 20% of $307 = $61.40.

KGH is $229+ $31 shipping = $260. So they're already cheaper before you even consider tax. (Recently they've reduced the shipping on the final invoice for some of my orders as well).

You should find that our friends in the far east will often reduce values as a matter of course. Just have a word with them.

Between the movie costumes or the HT figures? If the costume, this touches on a few items (and a few of these also relate to the HT figures. Those are marked with *):

Different gloves*
Different chest box*
Different helmet dome
Different mask*
Different body suit*
Different pectoral armor*
Different belt/buckle*
Different belt boxes"
Different cod piece*
Different robes*
And the beat goes on.... others will undoubtedly add to the list

giphy.gif

LOL! I'm not a huge SW fan....so I don't know the different in outfit. I just want a Vader in the collection. RO version is fine for me right now. I ready want an unmasked vader tho.

You need ANH Vader standing with Tarkin, ESB Vader dueling Luke, and ROTJ Vader with his helmet off. Theres really no excuse to have just one.

Still torn about whether to PO this. May get it to stand next to Anakin and leave RO with my troopers. I have little interest in ROTJ Vader, don't need a Shaw HS. But an ROTS with operating table is a must buy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You need ANH Vader standing with Tarkin, ESB Vader dueling Luke, and ROTJ Vader with his helmet off. Theres really no excuse to have just one.

Lol if you’re going down that path it would be like this

RO Vader with Krennic in Mustafar, ANH Vader with Tarkin in Death star, ESB Vader vs Luke bespin, ROTJ Vader vs Jedi Luke in Emperor throne room, ROTS Vader in operating room with Emperor :rotfl

The lack of NRD on BBTS is a big factor in the rapid sellout, but I do think this one will go faster and in greater numbers.

Thing is, HT must know this and are likely to produce this in higher numbers than any of the Rogue One releases.

Still, glad I got my pre-order in, although I won’t even remember by the time it’s ready to ship. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back