1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few things I've noticed so far

In the real Vader the eye lenses seem to slope downwards more giving it a more "sad/conflicted" appearance and the nose is also "deeper" and angle of the top mouth grill more pronounced

SO is HT not doing a ROTJ Vader then? Not sure if i should get this or hold out for the ROTJ version. I planned on a ROTJ Luke, Vader and Emperor setup.

Oh they will DEFINITELY be releasing a ROTJ Vader...they released a Rogue One Vader in spite of being set 5 minutes before ANH with that Vader having already been released. There is no way that a Vader figure will not be released for any and every film that he appears in.

Almost 270 dollars... these things are getting outta hand. At least the Iron Man stuff has "die cast". I never thought that 1/6 would be in the 300 dollar range. I know it's not the most expensive but dang.

not likely, I could see a Dagobah training luke but theyd leave something out like the jacket and belt, helping the OG to keep its value

A Bespin re-release or V2 of some sort has been hinted at for quite some time. Now would certainly be the time if it’s going to happen with Yoda out and now ESB Vader coming.

A Bespin re-release or V2 of some sort has been hinted at for quite some time. Now would certainly be the time if it’s going to happen with Yoda out and now ESB Vader coming.

I certainly hope so...I don't need a second, busted up version this time, just one really good Bespin Luke figure...And I agree, if HT is ever gonna do it, they'd be dumb not to announce it now, or after the first of the year...

Almost 270 dollars... these things are getting outta hand. At least the Iron Man stuff has "die cast". I never thought that 1/6 would be in the 300 dollar range. I know it's not the most expensive but dang.

They are getting up there but this is Vader, as opposed to some random figure, and I think the first one was $300 a couple years ago? Still cheaper than SS Snowspeeder Luke.

I certainly hope so...I don't need a second, busted up version this time, just one really good Bespin Luke figure...And I agree, if HT is ever gonna do it, they'd be dumb not to announce it now, or after the first of the year...

2 pack anyone?

I’d buy it.

I’ll hold out for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it'd be nice if this time we could just get one, slightly weathered Bespin Luke, instead of either a super clean "just landed on Dagobah" Luke or a "beat to sh-t and dangling from a weather vane" Luke. :D

Me too! VERY excited about this release. I'll have three Vaders, SS Deluxe, HT R1 and now HT ESB. Thinking the SS Deluxe will be headed for the classifieds...

When I got the pre-order email today, I abandoned a work email mid-sentence and picked up my phone and PO'd instantly. I've also got the ANH Vader & Tarkin on PO. But I'll never get rid of my SS Deluxe. I've even kept my SS ANH. Both have some mods and won't do that well on the secondary market with the HT versions revealed. I've decided that one can't have too many Vaders, and the challenge is to find poses for the weaker figures that minimize their flaws.

Took a dremel to SS Deluxe to get an ab crunch and swapped the "got my pants on backwards" outfit for the ANH suit:

G5-1240803.jpg

Here's a good pose for the SS ANH :lol

G3-1000409.jpg

Just kidding, it's OK from some angles with a helmet adjustment and custom cape:

G3-1000421.jpg

The sad part is that, as someone who owns the original two-pack, I would most likely still buy a new Bespin Luke, if they were to release one.

The sad part is that, as someone who owns the original two-pack, I would most likely still buy a new Bespin Luke, if they were to release one.

I sold my battle damage figure and the weather vane. I've got a little remorse about that at the moment. I'd also likely pick up a new one.

Yep...not happening...they have done 2.0 figures but a re-release? This would be a first.

Well I was thinking just a Bespin duel Luke. Leave out the injured Luke and Weathervane, charge $235, and HT continues to roll around in money.

nearly $270 on BBTS, it is more expansive than Boba Fett ROTJ Deluxe version with Sarlacc pit base... wow just wow

Re-release bespin luke: include the light up saber and new base- badabing!!

Back