1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

I've got about a hundo in SS reward points that I wasn't sure what to do with so this will do nicely. I'm expecting about $250 so knocking off a hundred of that makes ESB Vader too tempting. The thing is I have Rogue One Vader. Now I'll have ESB, which makes my OCD really itch for ANH so I can have them all displayed together in a row, sort of a progression thing.

I'm anxiously waiting for this to come up for preorder. I won't relax until I get my order in lol. This is on my grail list. Always wanted a Hot Toys ESB Vader.

I'm anxiously waiting for this to come up for preorder. I won't relax until I get my order in lol. This is on my grail list. Always wanted a Hot Toys ESB Vader.

Yep! Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with you guys. Passed on all the previous ones knowing that this was really the only iteration of Vader I wanted. Can't wait to see the full reveal!

I wonder how long until we see Boba Fett ESB along with the entire gang of Bounty Hunters...

I can see Fettvin the near future but since SS is putting out the others as well as not being main characters, I don't see HT doing the others at least for s couple years at the least.

Ahoy!

The ESB announcement has me revisiting my WIP Jedi dome and my bashed ESB/ROTJ Vader..I'm sure I'm not the only one! Note: The dome still needs some body shop attention/paint etc., but you can see where its going...

Looking forward to clearer pictures of the new HT dome and the softened/absent widow's peak area. If they nail it then it might be grounds to upgrade the helmet along with any other stand out improvements. Otherwise, pretty happy with my cobbled Frankenvader.

Cheers,
View attachment 377951

Ahab, are you using the SIdeshow head with a different dome?

BOBBY

Yep, I passed on all the hot toy Vader knowing a esb or rotj would come out. I have a sideshow rotj Vader I got cheap to tide me over. Now the question is will hot toys get me to dip again once they release a rotj vader.

The stand alone head on the left is a WIP of the SS mask with a modded ANH HT dome. The full figure sports that same modded ANH dome with the Rogue One mask.
I haven't' quite decided which I prefer as I still have a lot of work to do on both.. time will tell.
Cheers,
Ahab
Ahab, are you using the SIdeshow head with a different dome?

BOBBY

Yep! Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with you guys. Passed on all the previous ones knowing that this was really the only iteration of Vader I wanted. Can't wait to see the full reveal!

With your guys' enthusiasm and excitement for this figure, I just hope that when the final product is unveiled, it won't be a case of: One. Two. Three!

Look good but I’m happy with my ANH Vader

With your guys' enthusiasm and excitement for this figure, I just hope that when the final product is unveiled, it won't be a case of: One. Two. Three!

giphy.gif

Indeed, it's quite disturbing.

Bring on the ESB VADER!

Just cancelled Jedi Luke (wasn't really feeling it), so now I will for sure be able to go in on ESB Vader, along with ROTS Anakin and ANH Tarkin.

I had been holding out for this one but I was never one to notice the differences between Vader costumes so I bought the R1 version last year. I honestlt can't tell the difference between them so I'm sticking with R1.

Pleats are all waywire.
There should be three pleats STITCHED CENTER, two folds stitched -not folded over just one way

That widow's peak has gotta go

The dome flare seems excessive and it should sit closer to eyes.

Other than that, I could live with it.

The stand alone head on the left is a WIP of the SS mask with a modded ANH HT dome. The full figure sports that same modded ANH dome with the Rogue One mask.
I haven't' quite decided which I prefer as I still have a lot of work to do on both.. time will tell.
Cheers,
Ahab

I modified a Rogue One head for my Sideshow Vader, raising the doe, removing the widows peak, repainting a tusk, and enlarging the chin vent. But I've felt the Hot Toys Vader helmet sculpt is off, mainly the swept back lens and the too small mouth. The Sideshow mask with the Hot Toys dome looks really good! I may have to try it after all!

Cheers,

BOBBY

Looks promising, I hope they fix the dome from the last vader. It would be nice to replace my sideshow esb/rotj.

Back