1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

I have the rogue one vader tunic coming in. I`m going to replace the DLX vader inner tunic with that as I think it looks better for sure.

Ok even the pickiest people have to agree ESB and ROTJ are almost the same lol.
Yeah, I’d have never spotted the differences just by watching the films. Very slight changes. The changes from the original outfit in A New Hope are pretty different but I never paid enough attention. I love the Original Trilogy but have never been hardcore about stuff like this or the Trooper differences.

Ok even the pickiest people have to agree ESB and ROTJ are almost the same lol.
thems-fightin-words.jpg

Personally it was only in adulthood and the internet when differences where pointed out to me. As a kid the only clear difference was the first Vader scene in ANH where his helmet looked clearly different. So the level of differences in ESB/ROTJ really doesn't apply to me. What does is.......how much it will cost me!!!

Been a bit turned off by SW because of the renewed popularity with the new movies—or my wallet has been suggesting such—but this and the Luke ROTJ pre-order may bring me into the fold.

:exactly:
People usually want to sell the previous version of a figure once the new version gets unveiled so they can upgrade. The problem? The value and demand of the previous version just went right out the window, as you said.

Overall value of the SS vs. this will probably hold me up for a bit.

View attachment 377983

Personally it was only in adulthood and the internet when differences where pointed out to me. As a kid the only clear difference was the first Vader scene in ANH where his helmet looked clearly different. So the level of differences in ESB/ROTJ really doesn't apply to me. What does is.......how much it will cost me!!!

:rotfl

Yeah there's a clear difference between ANH and ESB/ROTJ. I always noticed that much, even as a child. But it's still Vader, so they all look good! I am super excited for this release! Waiting for that preorder to go up!

To me the biggest difference between ESB and ROTJ has always just been Vader's slightly heavier appearance in the final movie, and the different way he seemed to carry himself (more weary, less powerful and bold), than anything to do with the costume.

Although I will say he does seem extra, extra glossy in ROTJ than in ESB.

ESB Vader? Right after ANH Vader and no doubt in the eventual ROTJ? I like it.

giphy.gif

Wow! 2 days ago this was a pass for me. But that base is awesome. Now I am going to have to give this one some serious thought. I wonder if HT is planning on rereleasing a single version of Luke Bespin with a second connecting part of the base?

Same. I have many Vaders already, so I was planning on holding out until ROTJ Vader. And then this happened :gah: hahaha

HT is on a roll lately, making me have to contemplate buying a second figure in essentially the same costume. First Wonder Woman, now Vader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I’m already in for a ANH with Tarkin but this seems cool enough for me to grab second Vader, more likely if it’s a limited run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESB Vader is awesome. I had to choose between ANH and ESB to limit myself from falling completely into the Star Wars hole, because I also collect horror and other sci fi figures and can't afford all of them (if I want to eat). For me, the deciding factor between the two franchises came down to Tarkin, Han's outfit, Leia's "space bun" hair, the Stormtrooper design in ANH, and Vader's tunic being over his armor, which I prefer. I also made an exception with ROTJ Boba Fett, because the color scheme resembles the mail order Kenner toy that came out in 1979. Close enough.

However, it sucks that I miss out on Han in Carbonite, Lando, Yoda and the Emperor. If I buy any of them, my bank account is done for. I'd buy every OT figure I can get my hands on.

Has there been any secret base pics yet? Or is it all tied to the Japan store?

Love the base, it makes this Vader has more unique look and more life than just a figure tie to ESB ep. I bought Boba deluxe with Sarlacc pit base due to similar reason.

Not even the official photos.. just wait for it

We did get one official picture. The one showing the base. It was the typical "product collage shot."

So I wonder if this is some type of exclusive. The image on the first page says exclusive items with both this and the Holiday Special Boba Fett pictured. Seems odd to release it as an exclusive but maybe they figure more people will be tempted to double dip that way. Like with me I wasn’t necessarily considering a second Vader but might bite if the price is right.

Back