1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Belt boxes also diff. And undersuit texture and lines. Basically everything is different, to varying degrees.

I was sold before I saw the base, now I want 2. Especially if jazz makes a dio of the duel scene and the meditation chamber.

So happy I was able to sell my Sideshow Deluxe and Rogue One Vaders over the summer.

sculpted gloves for the win!

Curious how much you got for your SS deluxe?

$275 + shipping but it was on eBay. So minus their pickpocketing and add Sideshow’s original shipping robbery, I probably broke even on it.

Rogue One Vader I bought on sale from Popcultcha and listed it on a whim well after it sold out. I’m too embarrassed to say what that went for.

Got $375 for my SS deluxe exclusive. Im in EU tho so prices are up from vats.

This is probably the grail 1:6 vader unless the rotj somehow is a big improvemnent.

Great resale value for the SS DELUXE!! Impressive most impressive

The shoulder armor seems to be missing the hook that was in rotj but the belt stud to the left of the buckle iirc is only on the ROTJ figure. Do you guys think this was the figure we saw in the Jedi luke promo shots?

That value just went out the window when this is previewed.

:exactly:

People usually want to sell the previous version of a figure once the new version gets unveiled so they can upgrade. The problem? The value and demand of the previous version just went right out the window, as you said.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

The 2nd wave is when the new figure is actually being released. Someone should create a chart to show the price drop that can be expected at all the various time points.

Last edited:

Ahoy!

The ESB announcement has me revisiting my WIP Jedi dome and my bashed ESB/ROTJ Vader..I'm sure I'm not the only one! Note: The dome still needs some body shop attention/paint etc., but you can see where its going...

Looking forward to clearer pictures of the new HT dome and the softened/absent widow's peak area. If they nail it then it might be grounds to upgrade the helmet along with any other stand out improvements. Otherwise, pretty happy with my cobbled Frankenvader.

Cheers,
Vader mods.jpg

Damn I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to the forum lately and missed this. I told myself I wouldn’t get another Vader but I might have to. This looks awesome and I like the base from his duel with Luke. Not really sure that the reveal of the back of his head is necessary. Kind of cool but pointless without the chamber.

Ahoy!

The ESB announcement has me revisiting my WIP Jedi dome and my bashed ESB/ROTJ Vader..I'm sure I'm not the only one! Note: The dome still needs some body shop attention/paint etc., but you can see where its going...

Looking forward to clearer pictures of the new HT dome and the softened/absent widow's peak area. If they nail it then it might be grounds to upgrade the helmet along with any other stand out improvements. Otherwise, pretty happy with my cobbled Frankenvader.

Cheers,
View attachment 377951

That looks great. Amazing job!

Great job on that vader Ahab. At first look it seemed a new picture of the new hot toys one. You don't need a new Vader! Only a new chestarmour in my opinion, ss is too inaccurate...

So what are the differences between ESB & ROTJ Vaders? I don't look at them that closely

Not perfect, but still can help you understand some of the differences

Darth Vader helmet comparison.jpg

Darth Vader armor comparison.jpg

Darth Vader belt comparison.jpg

Darth Vader chestbox comparison.jpg

Ok even the pickiest people have to agree ESB and ROTJ are almost the same lol.

Looks amazing Ahab! I’m excited to update some parts on mine as well. Also loving the potential for better scaled gloves and that awesome base.
5da6c6724d63cac117fca77052b0d4d0.jpg

Back