1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As has been stated before, Vader is still scheduled for release in Japan in June. That being said, does the Japanese release differ in any way from the general release? Nothing seems to indicate so. So, it’s hard to imagine that the general release will be more than one or two months later.

If they release him early, say goodbye to any changes from the prototype. That window's peak needs to be gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I just want the size and flare of the dome to be correct. On some pics it is , on some it isn't

On the Rogue One I find it too big, and the edges too "straight". That alone makes me unhappy with the figure

the widows peak is less of an issue to men because it doesn't affect the general proportions

I'm torn on this version too. ANH Vader will always be my favorite, but I'd like a shiny ESB or ROTJ Vader as well from HT, even though I still have the SS Deluxe. I just don't have the need for both movie versions since ESB & ROTJ are so similar in contrast to the weathered beat up ANH Vader.

The RO Vader has dropped big time on the after market. Everyone swore it was the greatest Vader ever, until they saw this.. The shiny Vader fans, anyway. Love the collector mentality of the greatest one is the one I just bought and own, and the newest on the market.. Like it's a competition to own the best one and every one else is a loser.

So I may wait this out till HT unveils the inevitable ROTJ version and then decide which I like better. And if need be pick this up down the road. Would love to own every Vader, but not really practical between the price and having space to display them all.

Are there any "noticeable" differences between the ESB and ROTJ to the average eye? I mean, the biggest differences I can spot between ANH and ESB are the tunic, gloss paint job instead of flat, and the different colored buttons on the chest box.

But is there anything extremely different about the last two?

Are there any "noticeable" differences between the ESB and ROTJ to the average eye? I mean, the biggest differences I can spot between ANH and ESB are the tunic, gloss paint job instead of flat, and the different colored buttons on the chest box.

But is there anything extremely different about the last two?

Someone posted an animated graphic of the changes in another thread, but to me they are negligible.

I got an email that my flex pay had moved to October. Wasn't that always the date?
I only have one flex payment on this one by the way.

Did anyone get any good non promotion photos of this one from cons etc? Kinda wanna see what it looks like without the professional lighting and retouching so far

I'm torn on this version too. ANH Vader will always be my favorite, but I'd like a shiny ESB or ROTJ Vader as well from HT, even though I still have the SS Deluxe. I just don't have the need for both movie versions since ESB & ROTJ are so similar in contrast to the weathered beat up ANH Vader.

The RO Vader has dropped big time on the after market. Everyone swore it was the greatest Vader ever, until they saw this.. The shiny Vader fans, anyway. Love the collector mentality of the greatest one is the one I just bought and own, and the newest on the market.. Like it's a competition to own the best one and every one else is a loser.

So I may wait this out till HT unveils the inevitable ROTJ version and then decide which I like better. And if need be pick this up down the road. Would love to own every Vader, but not really practical between the price and having space to display them all.

I’d just go with R1 Vader in that case. It’s basically just a shiny version of ANH Vader. And like you said, prices will likely curtail due to the release of this one. People always gotta have the latest one.

I don't see listings of Rogue One Vader on ebay for less than 400$..so that's still expensive

Or do you guys buy your after market figures elsewhere?

I don't see listings of Rogue One Vader on ebay for less than 400$..so that's still expensive

Your seeing listings at that price, but they don't seem to be selling. I was watching quite a few that had low starting bids just out of curiosity, and most ended in the $250 to just under $300 range. Which is pretty much the original retail ($250)with shipping factored in. He used to easily sell for a premium in the $350 -$400, but I don't see him moving at those prices anymore.

The new ESB version looks nicer and is only retailing for $267 at Sideshow, so can't understand why anyone would buy a RO for more than that. Especially with the added accessories (cool base, removable dome & Scarred head underneath, extra saber effect, light up chest as well as just belt boxes on previous versions) and any upgrades not known yet. Why buy RO??

There are some quite stupid prices asked for some figures on EBay. It's best to filter your search for ones actually sold recently to see what you can expect to pay.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I almost never see the difference between Vader versions...

But to the trained Eye I imagine they must be jarring....

I think it’s once seen they cannot be unseen...god know we have tons of folks who debate it and critique it every release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People can ask whatever they want for something, doesn't mean that's what they'll get. Once they have to keep relisting the item because nobody is buying it, they'll get the hint. $400 for a R1 Vader is pretty laughable right now.

Although conversely, many people on eBay also do want something for essentially nothing. Some of the offers people make for stuff are downright laughable as well.

People can ask whatever they want for something, doesn't mean that's what they'll get. Once they have to keep relisting the item because nobody is buying it, they'll get the hint. $400 for a R1 Vader is pretty laughable right now.

Although conversely, many people on eBay also do want something for essentially nothing. Some of the offers people make for stuff are downright laughable as well.

Amen. Man I often sell vintage sealed records on ebay. Some valued at 300-700 a pop and I get offers for 50 bucks. Same when I was selling of some of my HT figures.

I’m guessing they probably also wanted you to defray the cost of shipping as well, in addition to selling it to them at a $50 base price. :lol

I’m guessing they probably also wanted you to defray the cost of shipping as well, in addition to selling it to them at a $50 base price. :lol

Its pretty frustrating. Then they get angry- often send links of past auctions where someone "didnt do their research" and gave the item away.
I sincerely love and hate ebay.

We should start a ebay scam/rant thread..or is there one already?

Back