1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he sell them on this forum? Facebook? Can you please share a link for more details?

PM him on FB : https://www.facebook.com/chris.deguzman.908132

The CCFL blades have to have the 'tip' on the end, just the nature of the beast:

5409c8c64534544922c5429ed9524532.jpg

You send Chris the hilt from your figure, pay the fees, and he adds the CCFL to it. They blow away the battery operated ones that come with the figure.

Opened my ESB Vader today. Most impressive. Mine’s dome stays on pretty well. I’m slightly annoyed by the greebles and the downward tusks, but only because they’ve been pointed out numerous times in this thread. He looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opened mine during the weekend after losing my first one somewhere across Europe. I am a bit underwhelmed by it, probably because I liked the ANH version a lot and this one is sonehow lacking the same mini man in a suit vibe. First of all I hate the huge shoulder armor (promptly replaced by the better proportioned R1 version) but I hate even more the fact that you can't adjust the chestbox... I'd like to have some more space between it and the belt pushing it higher but it can't be done!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Does anybody have any tips for chest box not centered? I bought it off of TA I should have returned it . My lost, but any body have experience fixing it?

I’m not the only one who has the worst time trying to put on hands or make them stay pegged am I?

I don’t get the hate, I’ve looked at the photos and they all look fine to me.

There are people who studied every Vader. For them, some of the movie inaccuracies are absolutely inacceptable. I leanred that lesson here in this thread. :)

For me, the ESB Vader is awesome.

There are people who studied every Vader. For them, some of the movie inaccuracies are absolutely inacceptable. I leanred that lesson here in this thread. :)

For me, the ESB Vader is awesome.

I mean, the outfits in the OT change literally scene to scene. The figure is incredibly close to screen accurate as you can get.

I’m not the only one who has the worst time trying to put on hands or make them stay pegged am I?

No definitely not! I never seem to be able to do gloved hands, Vader, Cap etc and often resort to blu tack. Having said that I’m generally bad with any hands, I’ve lost track of how many wrist pegs I’ve broken.

No definitely not! I never seem to be able to do gloved hands, Vader, Cap etc and often resort to blu tack. Having said that I’m generally bad with any hands, I’ve lost track of how many wrist pegs I’ve broken.

Most figures are fine, but damn does Vader have impossible hands. You can never get them in all the way and if you twist the wrist they pop out again

I don’t get the hate, I’ve looked at the photos and they all look fine to me.

I've gone back and forth a bit. I still think out-of-the-box Rogue One looks best to my eyes for an overall imposing Vader-y presence. But after living with it a while, I think the ESB's only major flaw for me is a kind of stocky appearance that I'm going to turn my eyes towards modifying at some point.

BUT -- as someone with extreme awareness of the complexities in OT stormtrooper helmets, I fully understand that this thing can drive proper Vader-heads crazy.

Is it good enough for me at this time as an ESB Vader? Emphatic yes. Quite a bit of room for improvement? Definitely.

here's the rebelscum photoshoot

Really confirms to me it's not a great figure, especially the shot with the 4 Vaders side by side

https://www.rebelscum.com/MMS452-Darth-Vader-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-Hot-Toys.asp

And on the other hand this photoshoot made me buy the Rogue One

https://www.rebelscum.com/Darth-Vader-MMS388-Rogue-One-Star-Wars-Hot-Toys.asp

The power of the Futz is not very strong with Rebelscum.

Having said that, this ESB Vader looks quite fine in some of the pics.

Back