1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I've had them all, ESB is the best yet. Still love my modded ANH but out of the box ESB is incredible. Helmet is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any tips for dusting? I mean this is one figure because of the glossy plastic that attracts dust like a magnet compared to other things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any tips for dusting? I mean this is one figure because of the glossy plastic that attracts dust like a magnet compared to other things

A very soft (unused) makeup brush and a microfibre cloth are what you need. Sideshow seems a cleaning kit with these basic components, but you can also just go to Walmart and get them.

I bought the softest makeup brush i could find and my wife wondered what the hell I needed it for...

"It's for my figures"

"Oh...of course it is"

Keeping things behind glass makes a world of difference in the dust problem too. I finally put all my displays in bookshelves with glass doors about 5 years ago and it’s amazing how much less dusting I have to do. I used to do major entire-collection-cleanings at least once or twice a year and it was a massive undertaking with tons of dust to be removed. Since I got the glass doors, I’ve dusted twice. Ever. And it was significantly less dust than even when I cleaned every six months before hand.

But outside of that, yeah, super ultra soft brushes and microfiber cloths (I use glasses cleaning supplies myself). For other (less delicate) types of figures like hasbro Star Wars stuff or vinyl Godzilla figures I use a synthetic fiber “feather” duster that uses static cling to catch the dust.

Here’s mine on the base/stand.

0903b5571010d6bada39282e4fc02108.jpg

Here’s a couple of more pictures of mine. Finally got around to opening this figure. I’m not on expert or that picky on all the inaccuracies people mention here. To me this Vader is awesome.

e64dd3a9a3b4c171e75ef71f4779c8ca.jpg

b06b2ff323130a754eb90f1c49de0f9c.jpg

c321291fa508ed680a4ec25358bbf968.jpg

929164206c67baf2bfcad81a876532c0.jpg

8a80279a0c29d46e93aef2cf4b43d8dc.jpg

Got mine today.
Awesome figure.
Some things are better than on ANH Vader, aome flaws are the same. For example the ****** ankle pegs.

Screws on boxes are super super tight. Sigh...

Is the belt not detachable!‘?

Back