1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shame that ESB Boba looks gorgeous..but not in this case for this turtleneck Vader... still I like the base, will wait for the chance to grab one when people start dumping him on Ebay

tumblr_lndpteyXDB1qcwsd8o1_500.gif

that scene from that Disney movie the haunted mansion. looks like it with all the statue busts.

Sadly, I may have to call timewalker tomorrow and lower the axe. What was the MMS number for the single version of the tarkin vader and is it a decent figure despite the height?

Wait, what? Are you saying the chest box is directly wired to the belt?

There's blogger pictures with the belt lower than right up against the chest box. It must be able to move down some.

Yeah I was assuming everything on this was held on with Velcro like my RO Vader. So it might seem on there tight, but you can still pull it loose and reposition.

I took it apart it can't be futzd that much, main points are the chest box doesn't move at all, you can't move the belt down because of the battery pack thing. I bought this with the intention of selling RO now i think I'm gonna sell ESB.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s a shame. I’m still going to hold out hope; also helps being on plan and not getting this first batch I can see what others come up with before I even have to tinker.

Well for a "V2" of this Vader to be any good they'd have to re-sculpt the entire helmet. Has something this drastic ever happened before?

So got this last night and was able to mess with it a bit tonight. Yes you can futz the cod piece and belt but you cannot futz the chest box as it is directly attached to the suit. I have all the HT Vaders and as i really like the look and details of the Empire version I still think my favorites are the ANH V1 and the RO.

Smart.

I don't feel good about this release but I'm committed. It's Vader. And ESB at that. Hard for me to say no. Hoping I can get something out of this little fellow.

I'd like to see what you could do with the figure and what your final opinion would be. When does it come in for you?

Not really.

You mean a v2 or 2nd batcher? Like this will get fixed in the group on the next boat. Not a chance.

If you mean a full redo for the next Vader iteration, it is very possible. But I don't think near enough people have cancelled to send a message.

Cancel those figures and make your mind known on HT Facebook. Tell 'em their Vader sucks. That always works.

why aren't you doing it though? you don't seem to like the figure either

I'm sleeping on it but it will likely do it myself tomorrow. I just can't see what video,new pictures or review might make me like it.. I thought about it all day while taking a long walk and when I saw all the new posts that pretty much sealed it

i'll lose about 45$cdn I think

I'd like to see what you could do with the figure and what your final opinion would be. When does it come in for you?

No idea. I'm bundling Dx Fett and Vader for free ship. Sideshow should have shipped them out on the 21st and 22nd... so however long it takes to get to TW and however long they take to sort and ship... and then however long their shipping takes to get to me. I figure they'll have these by mid next week, and maybe I'll have them by first week in Sept at best.

So got this last night and was able to mess with it a bit tonight. Yes you can futz the cod piece and belt but you cannot futz the chest box as it is directly attached to the suit. I have all the HT Vaders and as i really like the look and details of the Empire version I still think my favorites are the ANH V1 and the RO.

Great to know about the belts... very sad to know you rank this so low as to have RO be better. I never much cared for the RO Vader.

Back