1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the deal breaker video for me. It shows the figure pretty much how it would look on a shelf viewed from a distance. This is a 16:9 video and the figure is in the middle so there shouldn't be too much lens distortions even if the detail is not amazing it just highlights what's wrong with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTTUuqRezY

Yeah, it looks very lackluster in that video.

Though to be fair, even if HT nailed it, I still probably wouldn’t pick it up. I really can’t justify having two Vaders, and my favorite iteration is ANH.

It looking lackluster just makes it easier.

This is the deal breaker video for me. It shows the figure pretty much how it would look on a shelf viewed from a distance. This is a 16:9 video and the figure is in the middle so there shouldn't be too much lens distortions even if the detail is not amazing it just highlights what's wrong with it

He also says the chest box looks weird, like a ‘pizza box’ :lol

I’m not quite sure how HT made their first ‘downgrade’ Vader ever. This is Chewie territory we’re in

I’d at least wait until some better reviews and some clear in hand pictures, with some futzing done to the figure. If it still looks meh, then I’d cancel.

Also of note, I tried a few different hands and they do not go in well. A lot of the peg holes are misshapen. Does anyone recommend the SS deluxe figure? I am not about 100% accuracy, I want one that is of decent quality and looks well next to HT Anakin or Luke. Should have kept the RO. Vader has too many pieces that can go wrong.

I have the sideshow deluxe figure and it's fine. Not amazing though. I actually prefer my v1 sideshow Vader with Hasbro rogue cartoon helmet to that figure. It was an ambitious figure 5 years ago but it's still ok. Of course I want a movie ESB vader, even more than rotj. This was a tough decision for me. The widows peak and the tusks solidified my decision though. The sideshow Vader may not be as nice but it's serviceable.

I almost never cancel orders by the way. I think this is the 2nd time in 10 years.

WELL I guess my kaiyodo custom vader is my main ESB Vader. I might get the gloves from this new vader and the display stand came with. what a shame I was looking for lord vader instead we got lord helmet

ESB on the left, RO on the right. The chest armor seem to be same size apart from shoulder pouldrons.
It seems torsos are the same. ESB has a shorter neck and more importantly, shorter legs. That's where height difference seem to come from. I still can't figüre out why arms appear to be short though they are not.

View attachment 423935

Here's a video review:

8 minutes in I decided to turn it off. This guy seems a little clueless. He’s praising the Sideshow for being more of a POSABLE Toy but dissing the Hot Toys for being more accurate in terms of height.

I dunno guys, I’ll have it in hand tomorrow and try to film a review before I head to work tomorrow night. We shall see...

This is sad. Why HT...? Why....?

They been too busy with the PT offerings clearly. ESB Vader suffered as a result.

For the record, I agree: that scoobeedo video review is a joke.

I don’t think anyone’s really going to know for sure until it’s in hand and properly futzd. I haven’t seen many that look like some took care to really mess around before taking pictures and the ones I’ve seen that do, the figure doesn’t look like complete dog poop. Just fairly inaccurate, which has been every Vader ever released. My money is still on the 1/4 being the most definitive version we’ll ever see.

I’d at least wait until some better reviews and some clear in hand pictures, with some futzing done to the figure. If it still looks meh, then I’d cancel.

Futzing could probably improve a lot of things on this, but I don't really see it making the mask look any better. I've already seen enough pics, from every angle and in every kind of lighting, to know how that's going to look.

what headsculpt is that?

The first ANH head.

So my figure is a real mash up. But I have been waiting for the 1/4 scale forever. Grail piece for me. So that will be my Major representation of Vader.

But I really like my sixth scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be a ghost in here ....

tumblr_lndpteyXDB1qcwsd8o1_500.gif

I don’t think anyone’s really going to know for sure until it’s in hand and properly futzd. I haven’t seen many that look like some took care to really mess around before taking pictures and the ones I’ve seen that do, the figure doesn’t look like complete dog poop. Just fairly inaccurate, which has been every Vader ever released. My money is still on the 1/4 being the most definitive version we’ll ever see.
I took it apart it can't be futzd that much, main points are the chest box doesn't move at all, you can't move the belt down because of the battery pack thing. I bought this with the intention of selling RO now i think I'm gonna sell ESB.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I took it apart it can't be futzd that much, main points are the chest box doesn't move at all, you can't move the belt down because of the battery pack thing.

Well that sucks. There goes any chance of making it look decent then.

Yep. Cancel.

Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

I took it apart it can't be futzd that much, main points are the chest box doesn't move at all, you can't move the belt down because of the battery pack thing. I bought this with the intention of selling RO now i think I'm gonna sell ESB.

Ouch. So that can be added to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back