1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can get a bit baggy if you pose it in extreme ways for too long. I did that with one of my knees. Nice thing is, though, the gauntlets and boots can camoflage it - just have to pull down the baggy sections so they're hidden and you'd never know.

I agree with other posters, though, that this guy was the first "meh" figure I ever opened from Hot Toys. Glad I got him, as he's needed on the Avengers shelf, but there's just this "Hot-Toys-phoned-it-in" feeling that's hard to shake. Doesn't help that he's got hands reused from Thor (just repainted), and Thor's hammer, and there's no new sculpts here outside of the figure itself. That could be part of it.

I’m curious how the suit material on this guy is holding up for people? Originally I was thinking I’d wait for an IW Vision, but now I’m wondering if I should just grab this guy since he’s still available and relatively cheap and looks more or less exactly the same in IW.
If I can offer some advice, I just opened this last night, I got it last April as a gift, if you decide to get this thing, you may want to consider getting a loose one because the suit is really sticky and may adhere to the inner plastic and tear or peel off when you take it out. Mine was stuck to the tray but I got it out with no damage but I'm glad I opened it when I did. Also, I would suggest trying to keep the suit from touching, armpits for example, the figure comes with foam in that area but I would guess the tackiness would be cause for concern.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Maybe I’ll just keep waiting and see if they do anything different for the presumable IW version.

Touche, but this is Disney/Marvel we're talking about. Heroes don't die...unless you're Quicksilver. :lol

Yeah, and watching Civil War the other day, it felt like the Russou brothers dropped a hint with Vision hoping one day to have control over the stone instead of the stone controlling him. He probably comes back in part two and in some way plays a part in Thanos downfall.

Finally picked this figure up - I appreciated his arc in Infinity War so much I had to add him to he collection-

VISION-001.jpg

VISION-002.jpg

There is an understated elegance to him I really like - glad I got him.

Also just picked him up for an ok price. Was the missing link in the collection, the only Avenger I didn’t have and SDCC didn’t convince me they were going to do another for IW (or beyond for that matter). Exceptionally well done figure despite the lack of decent accessories, did we really need meow meow? Head sculpt is spot on and the costuming well done as well.

e8875709cef6561aab230ec26e5395a7.jpg

164446c41d57023245a6b39161ea1da6.jpg

39b1a15713fe099b8fe9e12757acf757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also just picked him up for an ok price. Was the missing link in the collection, the only Avenger I didn’t have and SDCC didn’t convince me they were going to do another for IW (or beyond for that matter). Exceptionally well done figure despite the lack of decent accessories, did we really need meow meow? Head sculpt is spot on and the costuming well done as well.

The head sculpt is okay. I feel like the lines on his face are way too pronounced in comparison to the film itself. Still a solid figure though.

what do you guys think? is this ebay listing a fraud or legit?

https://bit.ly/2M214nQ

Fraud fraud fraud! Notice how all the feedback is private. It's a sign that they've built it up by selling cheap junk like beads and such then they start selling high dollar items that will sell fast due to extremely low prices then mail out envelopes or boxes with garbage in it just to get a tracking number.

So I found out that I'll be getting Scarlet Witch and Vision for Christmas. These will be my first Hot Toys and I've been doing some researching about care for them...I don't really collect this type of figure.

I've seen some talk about the plastics used on Vision having bad reactions when they have contact? I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with this? I think it's his hands and arms/gloves but I'm not really certain myself.

Apologies if this came up before, I've been looking through past posts here but I may have missed it.

Fraud fraud fraud! Notice how all the feedback is private. It's a sign that they've built it up by selling cheap junk like beads and such then they start selling high dollar items that will sell fast due to extremely low prices then mail out envelopes or boxes with garbage in it just to get a tracking number.

I've actually had that happen to me, so I would agree with you, fraudulent listing.

So I found out that I'll be getting Scarlet Witch and Vision for Christmas. These will be my first Hot Toys and I've been doing some researching about care for them...I don't really collect this type of figure.

I've seen some talk about the plastics used on Vision having bad reactions when they have contact? I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with this? I think it's his hands and arms/gloves but I'm not really certain myself.

Apologies if this came up before, I've been looking through past posts here but I may have missed it.

I've had no QC issues with my Vision. He's just light on the accessories.

As the MCI winds down:( and hopefully/probably/maybe my MCU collecting - anyway decided I couldn't have an Ultron shelf without Vision, a character I like a lot (and has had some beautiful lines). Hafta say I continue to be impressed with the Ultron figs:clap, which to me all feel like quality releases. Vision doesn't come with a lot - one of the reasons I passed for a long time - but now in hand just love this fig.

Read some stuff about the cape and disagree it's "cheap" e.g. printed front and back, metallic threading, lots of material, and to-scale - IMO very nice. Beautiful sculpt and paint.:love

The one problem I had - and this was NIB sealed purchase - the white plastic protecting the right arm under the gauntlet fused a bit with the costume. Right now I can't get it off with peeling the texture of the costume with it.

So I just trimmed as much as I could, and hopefully with dry air, coolness, and time, the white plastic releases. Fortunately it's under the gauntlet so not sure how much it matters. IMO just a case for getting these older figs out and aired. Also 'bay prices are high anyway but just getting the impression I'm not the only one finishing off their 10-year collections - when I ordered there weren't that many Visions!

Other thing - Mjolnir is heavy for him - makes the right bicep swivel. But not set on displaying Vision that way anyway. Not real concerned about it. (I would get another Vision, depending on End Game and what HT does.)

But a thing isn't beautiful, because it lasts...
-Vision, Age of Ultron

Hot_toys_visionandmark1.jpg

Hot_toys_visionandmark2.jpg

There were some early pictures after release where the rubber grips from the dynamic stand had damaged the costume.

Here's the post, from March 2016:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155626&p=8492641&viewfull=1#post8492641

Last edited:
Back