1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this sell on ebay for under 200 the other day. Took me a back a little considering how cool it is, I'd figure retail at least still.
He's $212 with free shipping from Timcent, very tempting indeed. I wonder if he'll drop lower when the CW version comes out, if it does I mean

If CW Vision comes out, and there won't be any glaring differences, and I'm assuming it won't have mjolnir either, then ya, both will probably be cheap.

I was thinking about this the other day actually. It's just so barebones.... If he came with a forehead laser effect...

Yeah I've held out on picking up Vision so far, I think it will only go down in price once the CW one is announced. Same with the first Scarlet Witch now that there's the NA version and CW coming up.

I've been slowly picking up the AoU figures and so far have got 4 out of the 5 figures with at least a 20% off discount. Will probably pick up 4 or 5 more, but only with a discount.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Vision, but so far there's been nothing to really make me take the plunge. If CW Vision comes with an Ant-Man or sweater vest, I'm getting that version! If AOU Vision gets a significant price cut, I'm getting that! Hopefully something happens soon.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a Vision, but so far there's been nothing to really make me take the plunge. If CW Vision comes with an Ant-Man or sweater vest, I'm getting that version! If AOU Vision gets a significant price cut, I'm getting that! Hopefully something happens soon.

Pretty much my thinking. Either way, by the time the Civil War version is announced, chances are good this AoU Vision seeseither a price cut, 2x rewards, or free shipping.

I just hope a CW version is announced at all. It's been a while since the last CW announcement, and it's not like Spiderman where the anticipation is high. Will they just repackage the old one with a tiny Ant-Man and a base? Will they actually make a new one? Will they decide there's no market for him and not release him?

It's these sorts of problems that keep me awake at night :lol

I like him, it's a solid figure.
I had to mold the cape, though. I took off the wires and gave it a water treatment.

IMG_20160220_131807.jpg

IMG_20160514_192300.jpg

Looks a lot better like that. This cape really should have been made out of a silk fabric so that it falls better.

Very nice! What's a "water treatment"? Might try and find an extra cape on eBay and do that.

Very nice! What's a "water treatment"? Might try and find an extra cape on eBay and do that.

You deep the cape into some warm water, that will give it some weight.
Then you just mold it the way you want, when the cape dries, it'll stay in that position.

I had this guy for a few weeks...easily one of my least favorite figs in terms of posing. I cannot find anything (beyond museum) that looks half decent or doesn't bunch the costume...glad I got this on bargain bin.

I had this guy for a few weeks...easily one of my least favorite figs in terms of posing. I cannot find anything (beyond museum) that looks half decent or doesn't bunch the costume...glad I got this on bargain bin.

I agree. I do like the figure, but posing him is a real pain, mine is literally just standing there looking bored! :lol

Back